Sign in to follow this  
willultra99

UT2 for V3

Bogey1,  Can you copy/paste and post your exe.xml file,  Sure we will have a gander at that too  

Gander away! :-)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

<Launch.Addon>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Name>UT2</Name>
<Path>C:\Prepar3d v3\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2 \UT2Services.exe</Path>
<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon> 
<Name>SPAD</Name> 
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\SPAD\SPAD.exe</Path> </Launch.Addon>

Maybe if someone could correct me here But....

1   But shouldn't the  </SimBase.Document>  be at the bottom of the list?    Would that make a difference?  

2   Is there to many   <Launch.Addon>  on the top half of the list?  Would that make a difference ?  

3  Am i talking out of my &@($*,  Is this more correct ?  :smile:

Do not change anything yet Bogey,  Until you get clarification from someone who actually  Knows 

Maybe if someone could correct me here But....

1   But shouldn't the  </SimBase.Document>  be at the bottom of the list?    Would that make a difference?  

2   Is there to many   <Launch.Addon>  on the top half of the list?  Would that make a difference ?  

3  Am i talking out of my &@($*,  Is this more correct ?  :smile:

Do not change anything yet Bogey,  Until you get clarification from someone who actually  Knows 

Will do!  Or rather, will not do!

You are forgetting that UT2 does not know anything about P3D. It is only interested in FSX. The various install instructions for UT2 in P3D include making sure that line is in the Prepar3d.cfg file.

I don't have any SimObjectPaths in my Prepar3D.cfg and UT2 when enabled works flawlesly in P3d v3.x. I think if anything it's EMT adding an unneeded line, but I can't say as I've never used EMT before.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Gander away! :-)

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>UT2</Name>
<Path>C:\Prepar3d v3\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2 \UT2Services.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon> 
<Name>SPAD</Name> 

Did you manually edit this - should not have to - tool will do it for you - you have a wrong entry

1st)  you sure there is suppose to be a space between this (Prepar3d v3) the d & the v

2nd) 2 \UT2Services - there should be no space between the 2 & \

============================================================================

Try this but even spad looks off and I wont be home for 6 hours to double check mine

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>C:\Prepar3d v3\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

<Name>SPAD</Name> 

==========================================================

If you want to do it the hard way you can also see my post here - def something your doing preparation wise - the tool works perfectly - I went into another members pc and proved it does few weeks ago

Rich Sennett

I don't have any SimObjectPaths in my Prepar3D.cfg and UT2 when enabled works flawlesly in P3d v3.x. I think if anything it's EMT adding an unneeded line, but I can't say as I've never used EMT before.

Hmm, that is a bit of a puzzle. I actually have two lines in the Prepar3d.cfg file (the other one is for my Airplanes AI folder), and I do not use the EMT software.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hmm, that is a bit of a puzzle. I actually have two lines in the Prepar3d.cfg file (the other one is for my Airplanes AI folder), and I do not use the EMT software.

I'm thinking they are leftovers or brought over from v2.x as 3.x doesn't use them in the p3d.cfg. Check your SimObjects.cfg and see what you have.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Did you manually edit this - should not have to - tool will do it for you - you have a wrong entry

1st)  you sure there is suppose to be a space between this (Prepar3d v3) the d & the v

2nd) 2 \UT2Services - there should be no space between the 2 & \

============================================================================

Try this but even spad looks off and I wont be home for 6 hours to double check mine

<Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Launch.Addon>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>C:\Prepar3d v3\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

<Name>SPAD</Name> 

==========================================================

If you want to do it the hard way you can also see my post here - def something your doing preparation wise - the tool works perfectly - I went into another members pc and proved it does few weeks ago

Yep, me too.  I'm out and about presently, but will have a look later.  I'll let you you know.  Many thanks Richard.

Yep, me too.  I'm out and about presently, but will have a look later.  I'll let you you know.  Many thanks Richard.

Cool no problem - well get it working - new p3d version is out fyi - so you may want to re-think your game plan - I am doing a new install myself - I like to have a fresh install

Rich Sennett

I don't use EMT and had no issues getting UT2 to work. I just put a dumby fsx.exe in my P3D directory to make the installer work.

That video that gives you the steps is dead on. The part that usually trips people up is making sure you set the correct path.

Cool no problem - well get it working - new p3d version is out fyi - so you may want to re-think your game plan - I am doing a new install myself - I like to have a fresh install

Hi Richard, so, some good news!  I did a re-install (sorry Poppet!) and without doing anything different, other than installing FSUIPC, it opens without error messages.  However (yep, there had to be one), I have no traffic in P3D!  I set the sliders in UT2 to 30% and updated, and similar percentage in P3D traffic settings.  I'm nearly there, I think!  Any ideas?

By the way, I've no intention of another reinstall after the next release of P3D for some time!

Hello,

Is someone there who is willing to help me for example via "Teamviewer"?

I had some troubles with sone P3D v3 installations and i don't want to format my whole PC again.

I would really apreciate.

Thanks,

Manuel

Hi Richard, so, some good news!  I did a re-install (sorry Poppet!) and without doing anything different, other than installing FSUIPC, it opens without error messages.  However (yep, there had to be one), I have no traffic in P3D!  I set the sliders in UT2 to 30% and updated, and similar percentage in P3D traffic settings.  I'm nearly there, I think!  Any ideas?

By the way, I've no intention of another reinstall after the next release of P3D for some time!

Go to task manager and see if the ut2services service is running. If it's not, there's still an issue with your exe file still.

And the internal P3D sliders do nothing with UT2. Don't mess with them.

Go to task manager and see if the ut2services service is running. If it's not, there's still an issue with your exe file still.

And the internal P3D sliders do nothing with UT2. Don't mess with them.

There are two exe files, one in Program Data and the other in Roaming.  To be sure, I put the following into both:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>C:\Prepar3D v3\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Still no joy though.

Its the one in AppData Roaming that controls UT2

Ive got 2 \\ in my path,  Ive always had,  Don't really know what the second \ means or why its there.  

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>G:\Prepar3D v3\\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>                             
</SimBase.Document>

When you say no Joy,  are you getting the error message or just no Traffic