Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

A trundle round Tasmania.

Oops, sorry, Ron.  Didn't mean to imply anything. 

Stew

That was faux annoyance.  ;)  You'll soon get the hang of me Stew. Jeff and Mike are old hands. They'll give you tips. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I know, Ron.  Not to worry, big guy.  See ya tomorrow.  Looks like we have a good crowd.  BTW, those first two dirt fields are crazy!

Stew

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Whatever you do, DO NOT INSTALL the TASMANIA DEMO!

It wrecked my system  :fool:

Bert

It seems the Tasmania demo is nothing more than a Global showcase. Much like the Iceland demo. Hang in there Bert. "In through the nose, out through the mouth" and repeat "I will NOT lose my cool"

An excellent flight this evening/afternoon/morning with some surprisingly good scenery to gawp at. Loved those rotating cranes and the lighthouse with rotating light.

A couple of new faces/voices who I hope weren't put off by Jeff's 'Pigpen' of a paint  or Roger's unintelligible accent.

Nice paint Bert. ;)

Roger, making us land on people's tennis courts is NOT funny and it's not clever. :Shame On You:

Good flight, good company, Good night. :hi:

What an extraordinary flight yesterday! Excellent plan Roger - Thanks! We had a lot of fun, not quite like this though..

2 new pilots even made it more fun - Welcome Stew & Mike (404) to our Saturday party!

The group... Minus Bert Pieke. Bummer,, as he had a new, very good looking, personal paint made by Ron. Don't know why his aircraft didn't connect with my FS - everyone else seen him. (From upper right - anticlockwise) Roger, Stew, Jeff (aka "Pig Pen"), Mike 404, Josh, Ron, Myself & finally Mike M. Josh & Bert where in Beech F33s, Mike 404 in a Pacer (aliased to a Super Cub, worked well!), myself in the LDR Navion B & everyone else in the A2A C182.

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___130857z.j

Mike 404 showing us how it's done. Someone has to since Nick is in on vacation. - HA!

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___132514z.j

Stew taking off from Ben Lomond (XBLM), elevation = 4691 ft., runway length = "tennis court" :LMAO:
 Quote from Stew - "Stall buzzer was 'a buzzin".

Stew.gif

Mike M. on his second try @ XLBM.. Nicely done. His first was a rolling start leaving around 30 feet from the runway end, wasn't good.

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___134307z.j

Roger coming in at St.Helens (YSTH).

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___134949z.j

Josh coming in at YSTH, dropping the legs and dealing with a nasty crosswind. ~ 15-20 kts from the 9 o'clock (from south).

Josh.gif

Ron coming in with Mike M. following closely.

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___135408z.j

Booyah! Very nice.. Mike just about ready to kiss the Earth.

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___135427z.j

"This scenery is bloody brilliant!" :LMAO:
 Parking was at a premium.. Taking a little break for supplies & relief.

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___135937z.j

Ron with Jeff of to his left. Ron keeping his distance trying not to smudge his nice paint job with the "dander" coming off of Jeff's well used ship.

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___144105z.j

Now this is a dirty plane! The employees at Scaled Composites amongst others at Mojave, CA airport spent the past few days doing "The Great Mojave Airlift". The mudslides in the area had taken out one half of the divided highway (hwy 58) stranding commuters. The other half of the highway became a makeshift runway! :Applause:
 - Local article

dirty.jpg

Roger with Mike M. at his 9 o'clock low.

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___144138z.j

Josh bringing it in like a feather at Georgetown (YGTO).

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___144347z.j

Mike M. staying high over Jeff's "well worn" plane. Jeff, a dirty aircraft just means you've been using it! :Applause:

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___144441z.j

Ron, on final at YGTO with Roger below. Roger ended up slipping by Ron for the landing. It worked out well.

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___144612z.j

SMOOOOOOOTH! Good one Ron!

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___144633z.j

Jeff & Mike M. practicing for the RTWR formation events.. Excellent job! Except for playing Russian Roulette with the trees, getting kinda close there.

Mike_N_Jeff.gif

Stew with a hard landing. His plane is rather limber.. Look at those legs flex!

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___144855z.j

Sticking to Ron....Kind of. ;-)

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___150951z.j

Ron coming in YZCR.. Nice!

Ron.gif

The dam on the Forth River. Not sure exactly which one it is, believe it's the Devil's Gate

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___152729z.j

Following Mike M. to Burnie to view the "brilliant" scenery!

Burnie_Burnie.gif

Jeff bringing in "Pig Pen" at Wynyard (YWYY), nice!

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___154814z.j

Stew just about ready to touchdown at YWYY, looking good.

FS%20Screen%2010%2017%202015___155036z.j

Finally, the meeting of the minds. - A short & sweet one this time.

meeting.gif

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

You're making a whip for your own back mate. We'll expect nothing less from now on. (Couple of pictures don't work. Both of me! :Hmmmph: )

You must have used up several rolls of film. Younger viewers wont understand 'film'. :BigGrin:

Bert's paint...

BertDownUnder.jpg

Prompted by you lot.. I have now installed all the OzX airports, through to release 3.4.

Going back to YWYY, I have black "missing tiremarks" on the runway.. anyone know off hand what texture I am missing?

I have registered at the OzX forum, but cannot post just yet..

Bert

Bert,

I had 'em too... Let me know what the fix is, if any. - Thanks

Ron,

They're animated .gifs.. Try in a different browser maybe or a refresh???? mmm.. It was just a test anyway for doing shot by shot renderings such as formation landings.. Easier to do than make a video of stills which is overkill. The colors are reduced to 256 so the quality suffers a bit.. A least one can get "the picture" of what's going on.  HA! again!  

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I see them now. Super! :smile:

Let's see if we can track down the tyre marks. First guess would be OZx libraries V1 and v1.1

thanks for the great company yesterday in our Tasmanian trundle ,thoroughly enjoyed every minute..

great shots roman,. need I say the scenery was   <   BRILLIANT>

regards,

roger.