Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

1/2 refresh rate

Does anybody know if LM are planning on introducing full screen mode?

I have x-plane and I have to use 1/2 refresh rate locked at 30FPS to maintain a smooth sim otherwise I get tears and skipping. 

The same applies when I used to use FSX. (*p.s NOT Stuttering, just non smooth flights, skipping. And it ruins the immersion) 

I did own P3D v2.5, but due to this I never used it.

I am unable to set my monitor to 30HZ (its a 60HZ monitor).

So the only solution really is true full screen mode?

Ian

Maybe I misunderstood your post. In P3D v2.5, I use the 1/2 refresh in NI and lock frames in the sim to 30 to get a smooth performance. I am able to do this for both P3D and XP.

Maybe I misunderstood your post. In P3D v2.5, I use the 1/2 refresh in NI and lock frames in the sim to 30 to get a smooth performance. I am able to do this for both P3D and XP.

Maybe something else accounts for that.

Doesn't work in windowed mode.

I would like to know if this is possible as well. My monitor does not support 30Hz, but I did get access to one that does and setting it to 30 and then locking frames at 30 got me smoothness that I am not able to reproduce on my monitor. 

The nv setting it seems doesn't work in a windowed mode.

I have an BenQ beamer which supports 30Hz. I tried the 30Hz with unlimited frames. That works great no need to set FPS limit. Even 59Hz works great in the sim.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I would like to know if this is possible as well. My monitor does not support 30Hz, but I did get access to one that does and setting it to 30 and then locking frames at 30 got me smoothness that I am not able to reproduce on my monitor. 

The nv setting it seems doesn't work in a windowed mode.

This is the exact problem 

I raised this issue on LM forums but it gets ignored by LM so they probably don't plan true full screen mode since they removed it at the first place. Some argue it's because people with multi monitor setups but as far as I know that setup was already possible in FSX which already had true full screen and there is even a bug with this mode in P3D so who knows what's up. Until you can maintain 60 FPS in most situations with 60 Hz monitor you will never be able to achieve the same smoothness in P3D as it was in FSX with 1/2 refresh rate vsync turned on, which is a shame but that's just how it is.

Some people are turning 1/2 thing on in P3D but it does absolutely nothing because it only works in true full screen which P3D is not capable of. That's the fact.

I raised this issue on LM forums but it gets ignored by LM so they probably don't plan true full screen mode since they removed it at the first place. Some argue it's because people with multi monitor setups but as far as I know that setup was already possible in FSX which already had true full screen and there is even a bug with this mode in P3D so who knows what's up. Until you can maintain 60 FPS in most situations with 60 Hz monitor you will never be able to achieve the same smoothness in P3D as it was in FSX with 1/2 refresh rate vsync turned on, which is a shame but that's just how it is.

Some people are turning 1/2 thing on in P3D but it does absolutely nothing because it only works in true full screen which P3D is not capable of. That's the fact.

I have exactly the same problem on my Asus 27" RogSwift that is unable to run less than 60 Hz...

Anyway i realized that the best setting for this monitor (and my system) is locked frame rate at 41 fps, vsync off 2K res running @ 144 Hz and G-Sync off. In this way the tearing is really low and the experience is smooth, but...

i tryed P3D on an old Tv running at 30Hz (v-sync and tb on, unlimited fps) and the smoothies was fantastic.... But the image quality and res quite really bad... Hd ready

So i thinking about.. to buy the Philips BDM4065UC 40" and running it at 4K but at 30 Hz. I have 2x 980 gtx classified and i think i can stay stable at 30 fps with the v3 now, @ 4k with ga planes...

I have exactly the same problem on my Asus 27" RogSwift that is unable to run less than 60 Hz...

Anyway i realized that the best setting for this monitor (and my system) is locked frame rate at 41 fps, vsync off 2K res running @ 144 Hz and G-Sync off. In this way the tearing is really low and the experience is smooth, but...

i tryed P3D on an old Tv running at 30Hz (v-sync and tb on, unlimited fps) and the smoothies was fantastic.... But the image quality and res quite really bad... Hd ready

So i thinking about.. to buy the Philips BDM4065UC 40" and running it at 4K but at 30 Hz. I have 2x 980 gtx classified and i think i can stay stable at 30 fps with the v3 now, @ 4k with ga planes...

I don't get it. G-Sync off?

I thought G-Sync was going to solve all our problems.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I don't get it. G-Sync off?

I thought G-Sync was going to solve all our problems.

gb.

In my case it solves my problems...

G-Sync On (so VSync Off) gives me the best experience in the sim with a Track Ir

Gérard

Gerard P.

Update your drivers with the G-sync hotfix, out 2 days ago, I swear G-sync has never been this good in P3d v3

tpewpb-6.png