Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Fascinating video walkaround of a Baron B55 & a great paint scheme

I'm not sure what's up with the AVSIM library. There hasn't been a new addition since 5/11. I haven't even received a 'Got your upload' email. I hope they're alright. :unknw:

Ron, you posted just 8 minutes before the scheduled site downtime.  Hey there Brit, Is 5/11 November 5th, or May 11th?

Just checked. November 286 Delta is there and available in recent uploads.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Ron,

Is there a way the N286D paint will work with the E55 version? I tried it with the E55 and most of the textures were blacked out. I figured there are model differences between the B and the E. If not, I will consider swapping out the different aircraft.cfg and .air files.

The reason I'm looking to this is to take advantage of the IO-520 upgraded performance over the standard B55 with the IO-470.

Thanks for this great repaint! I never really got enthused with this aircraft until now.

Best / Les Parson

You're right. The real one has IO-520s as part of the Colemill upgrade. I'll have a look at the E55 textures.

EDIT: I'm back. The textures are the same. The E55 models are referred to the B55 so the only differences are the config files.

ANOTHER EDIT:

Here's what you do:

Add this to your aircraft.cfg

[fltsim.XX]                                                *Usual next number thing
title=Milviz Baron E55 N286D
sim=Beech_E55.RevA
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=N286D
kb_checklists=MilViz_Baron_55_checklist
kb_reference=MilViz_Baron_55_references
atc_id=N286D
ui_manufacturer="Beechcraft"
ui_type="Baron E55"
ui_variation="N286D"
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
ui_createdby="MILVIZ"
description="With the wonderful control harmony that is the hallmark of the Bonanza line, the Beech Baron 55 is considered a classic light twin. The Baron combines the attractiveness of Beechcraft design with the reliability of twin engines, resulting in a gorgeous workhorse of an aircraft."

Copy the texture folder N286D over from B55 to E55

Overwrite the texture.cfg with this:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\..\Beech_Baron_B55 Milviz\texture
fallback.2=..\..\Beech_Baron_B55 Milviz\Texture.N286D
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Texture
fallback.4=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

That's it. At least it was for me, you may well cock it up! :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Thanks very much. From what I can learn, when the Colemill upgrade is accomplished it does not up the MTOW from 5100.

Thanks very much. From what I can learn, when the Colemill upgrade is accomplished it does not up the MTOW from 5100.

I've no idea what you're talkin' about. Must Take Out Wife? :smile:

I've no idea what you're talkin' about. Must Take Out Wife? :smile:

LOL! Good one!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks for answering my email and forwarding me to this link.  E55 has been added to my Prepar3D v3 stable.  I have included the Flight1 GTN750 to my plane as well.  I will add the GNS530 as soon as Mindstar Aviation gets their product ready for v3.

I love the video of the actual BE55. As a RW pilot and a BE35 owner I like seeing different things that are done in the cockpit.  I see that the owner has mounted a RAM mount ball to the center arm rest for what I am guessing is mounting an iPad.

I hate to be a stickler here but I did notice something in the video.  The Milviz plane has the battery switch above the left and right alternator switches.  The video shows the alternator switches above the battery switch.  :P  :P

John

John P. Navara

PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H

Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements

https://twitch.tv/Sim_Dude

.....The Milviz plane has the battery switch above the left and right alternator switches.  The video shows the alternator switches above the battery switch.  :P  :P

John

That's totally unacceptable! Right, that's it. No more Milviz aircraft for me! :Hmmmph:

Not until their Beaver hits the shops anyway. :P

I hate to be a stickler here but I did notice something in the video.  The Milviz plane has the battery switch above the left and right alternator switches.  The video shows the alternator switches above the battery switch.  :P  :P

John

The Milviz Bonanza was based on a personal airplane owned by Geoff W (?) who used to post here.

Maybe his airplane had the switches mounted differently.. He was a stickler for detail as well, so I doubt he would have let that slip by..

Bert