Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Prepar3D setup guide from Nick N

Thank you very much Mitch but I don't understand, your settings are much higher than Nick's V3 recommendations!

With my rig (4790k@4.4Ghz +980ti) I can't get these results for sure with autogen maxed out, cloud draw distance at 100, airline and road traffic, shadows etc...

No way, even with zero addons.

Or my flying experience will look like a slideshow.

:blink:

You're very much welcome, David...and yes...as I was typing yesterday to a chap,...I didn't dummy down anything within the sim...nothing...even if he (Niick N, in his suggestions) in fact, suggested it. I only added in the .cfg entries I thought interesting, and then added in an entry for my H.T.

For my sim usage, all my sims need to be pretty well at max settings for visuals and features. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the final four posts of my Vermont (Burlington area) trip this morning, David...and had a blast...P3D is a keeper!

breakfast2.png

breakfast3.png

breakfast4.png

breakfast6.png

...and now...for Sunday morn....bacon 'n eggs...and oh yeah...MORE COFFEE....   My wife thinks I have a serious problem, there...Nah.....nah.....well...maybe..... :Hmmmph:

So actually Mitch, with HT ON and these settings you are absolutely not following Nick's advises (!?).

:smile:

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

So actually Mitch, with HT ON and these settings you are absolutely not following Nick's advises (!?).

:smile:

Well David, actually, yes and no...yes, in that I took his advice to where I felt application would merit...getting rid of NVI's middle involvement, adding an affinity mask where one wasn't before...etc, etc.  In any advice to drop CPU/GPU demand by reducing features...no...in that, I did not align my system to those suggestions.  What I did align to, though, has made a massive and critical difference, as my pic's with FPS generated has shown, with ensuing stellar P3D/System performance.  I'm now actually FLYING in a flight simulator... To that..I absolutely give the credit, to Nick N.  For if there was not his contribution post...I would not be where I am , yesterday..and forward, running P3D v2.4.NickN :wink:  

I have never had an issue with O/C heating issues running in H.T. mode...so, I sipped my ever-present coffee...read through the thread...took note of what I wished to alter as a result of so doing...and the rest as they say...is history. :)

The taming of the shrew, has been a success...(smile).

Cheers,

Brr...looks chilly up in Vermont Mitch :wink:

Ah, that explains it.  GA aircraft, even Carenado don't have the same impact as PMDG aircraft because the avionics calculations are far more complex and require a lot more CPU power to drive than most GA aircraft.    Still, with a little more playing around, I do get 30 FPS in the VC as long as AI traffic isn't on and it's not raining cats and dogs.    Outside I can get all the way up to 60 FPS outside the 737 so I guess I'll have to grin and bare it if I want AI aircraft in the area.

• Upvote 1

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy