Sign in to follow this  
Harley7354

Anyone using Navigraph Charts/Cloud?

Thinking of investing in the Navigraph Charts Cloud program to solve some of the problems with trying to find up-to-date navigational charts, expecially for "other than U.S.".

Flight Aware does a pretty good job on US charts, but I have been doing more international flying with my PMDG 777,and the charts always seem out of date, bad waypoint names etc.

The only thing slowing me down is the cost @64.90 euro! They do give credit for my unused data subscription, but it's still a significant amount for a yearly plan.

Anyway, just looking for someone to confirm that it might be a good/bad idea?

Thanks,

I do. While there are free charts available on the web, I'd rather spend my time flying than searching for charts. They also have an app that can be used with an iPad.

• Upvote 2

NAX669.png

I took the plunge on the desktop version over the weekend for the same reason.  

I had considered doing the monthly subscription but it's a better value to pay for the 12 month subscription up front.  The "Ultimate Edition" subscription also comes with monthly FMS updates and access to their training videos.  

It is nice to just plug in an airport identifier and not have to wonder whether the charts will jibe with your FMS data.

Richard P. Kelly

I'm using Navigraph Charts Cloud for all the airports which I cannot get the official AIS and I'm quite satisfied with it. They provide Lido charts for most of the airports and the charts library is updated a couple of times a year, so you don't always have the latest charts but at least they are more up-to-date than most of the charts I can find free on google out of official AIS websites.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I have been using charts for a while now, they are always upgrading the available charts and adding new ones.

Hi Joe,

I´m a Navigraph subscriber as well, using their cloud and fms data. It is brilliant, tooks couple of mins to update your fms data etc. Less time for searching charts around the web... Small cost for a great service.

I do have one comment though, I have some issues when accessing the cloud from my desktop, the chart loading times are bit slow, which might be my internetconnection/old desktop problem, rather than their service. However, that is why I use the desktop client, thats faster for me. I have also used Ipad application, which is brilliant, but cannot use it anymore as im using my ipad for the FMC:)

anyway, cant go wrong with Navigraph charts!

Cheers

what i can't understand is how you "match" your fms airac to the cloud charts ..... monthly airacs vs quarterly charts seems "quirky" to me !!

eg the SYMON STAR @ KLAX was valid for a month.

for now, cheers

john martin

Hmm, charts aren't up-to-date? 

That's a massive minus for me. I was considering it just recently, though the price is high. I was thinking of suggesting they do regional packages since I only fly in Europe anyway, but there isn't much point if the charts arent always current.

Thanks for the replies!

Confirms that I should be using their service since I agree that I spend too much time looking for charts (internationally).

I appreciate your help.