Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Best realtime moving map for P3D to track your plane's position as you fly?

Have you tried Gemini Airmap, it works in FSX , P3D-All versions and X-Plane. Best of all, it's completely free!

Phil

+1 for AirMap. Nice GUI and fairly easy to use.

It even allows you to specify which CPU core to run on. Something I haven't come across in other software.

Mike

Aivlasoft EFB is great, but induce massive lag, at least in P3Dv3 when using the "track location" button/option. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I was looking for android apps that would do this same thing for p3d?

Any ideas?

Cheers

I didn't see it mentioned (quick scan of each page), but I really like Navigraph's Charts Cloud. While it doesn't have a bunch of basemap options, you can pull up charts and overlay them with the moving map. You can, for example, display the chart for a STAR and see your aircraft follow the procedural on the chart. I run it on an old laptop with Windows 8 with chrome. They have options for tables, but I like the browser based version. I used ProATCX for flight planning, and I can easily import the flight plans into Charts Cloud. One of the thinks I like the most is that all of my nav data and charts are updated at the same time (although I'm sure older charts still exist inside Charts Cloud).

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

1 hour ago, duckbilled said:

I didn't see it mentioned (quick scan of each page), but I really like Navigraph's Charts Cloud. While it doesn't have a bunch of basemap options, you can pull up charts and overlay them with the moving map. You can, for example, display the chart for a STAR and see your aircraft follow the procedural on the chart. I run it on an old laptop with Windows 8 with chrome. They have options for tables, but I like the browser based version.

This one   

And I also havent seen mentioned LittleNavMap -> it can take data straight from P3D database - you can see stands at airports, suggested taxiways on airports and many many more things. For its price (free) it is really incredible. 

If you use Android, FsMovMap. I use it all the time on my 6.9inch smartphone, especially on VFR flights.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Hi

Reading through the list of programs mentioned no one has as yet said Pilot2ATC. The program has your moving map in a few types. It gives you the taxi path to the runway or gate and a lot more. I use it on a separate pc on its own screen.

Ken

On 12/19/2016 at 4:18 AM, RancidViper said:

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I was looking for android apps that would do this same thing for p3d?

Any ideas?

Rather than display a map on a tiny display why not buy a second small monitor and display your map there? The much larger area will be far more useful than the tiny display of a phone. I suppose if you're using a tablet that would be better but ideally updates would be far quicker if using a second monitor.

LittleNavmap would be ideal.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 12/18/2016 at 11:18 PM, RancidViper said:

Any ideas?

Cheers

Navigraph Charts for Android. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.navigraph.charts&hl=en_US

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I use Navigraph Charts or LittleNavMap on a second monitor...

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Don't forget FSWidgets EFB.

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.