Approaching Weeze

2015-12-3_10-42-22-17rast0.png

2015-12-3_10-48-59-94qhsfy.png

Approaching Rhodes

2015-12-16_12-3-29-61cxswr.png

And Bologna

2015-12-17_10-57-57-4r8s5a.png

2015-12-17_11-7-2-642zbsmy.png

All shots taken in P3D v3, with the PMDG 737, FTX Global, openLC, Bologna from aerosoft, Weeze from aerosoft.

Every flight was done with FS2Crew Reboot SOP3 and for Ryanair Virtual.

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

But aren't these really shots of 'PMDG 737, FTX Global, openLC, Bologna from aerosoft, Weeze from aerosoft.'?

I suspect the P3Dv3 component is minimal and similar shots could be taken in FSX/P3Dv2....

If so - how different would they be?

Cheers

Keith

Thanks guys. :) 

But aren't these really shots of 'PMDG 737, FTX Global, openLC, Bologna from aerosoft, Weeze from aerosoft.'?

I suspect the P3Dv3 component is minimal and similar shots could be taken in FSX/P3Dv2....

If so - how different would they be?

Cheers

Keith

The P3D v3 component is huge! I maxed out every Autogenslider, have overall great performance, no VAS issues at all and I haven't edited the pictures (just removed the red EZDOK logo and the parking break logo)

Zuendholz, on 18 Dec 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

Thanks guys. :)

The P3D v3 component is huge! I maxed out every Autogenslider, have overall great performance, no VAS issues at all and I haven't edited the pictures (just removed the red EZDOK logo and the parking break logo)

False!

This is easily achievable in FSX. I see it all the time. And I didn't have to pay $200 for an FSX patch. I've never had an OOM in 5 years of FSX.

False!

This is easily achievable in FSX. I see it all the time. And I didn't have to pay $200 for an FSX patch. I've never had an OOM in 5 years of FSX.

While that may be true, P3D has way more autogen and a substantially better framerate, plus cloud shadows, HDR , and more :)

While that may be true, P3D has way more autogen and a substantially better framerate, plus cloud shadows, HDR , and more :)

Except that when you change the time from night to day or vice versa, you'll have wait for the sim to reload the textures. That's how you know that it's not full HDR. Really, you're just getting bits and pieces of improvement at $200 a pop. Imagine if Microsoft was still selling new versions flight sim and they said the next version was going to be $200. Would you be happy with what you got? Personally, I would expect something built from the ground up. It's a bit of a joke really.

Can we please go back to the "screenshots"? Keep the Prepar3D vs FSX discussion outside this thread, thank you.

I really don't care if you like P3D or not! 

Can we please go back to the "screenshots"? Keep the Prepar3D vs FSX discussion outside this thread, thank you.

I really don't care if you like P3D or not! 

Sure, the screens look great! because of the add-ons.

The shots are great.  We all use add-ons...and of course, we all react to a more 'visual/feature-loaded in' screen grab, than just a bare-bones FSX, P3D, XPX, XPX, P3D, FSX.....(no subconscious order of platforms of preference).

Heck, I do..we all do.  Truly, how many hits, or comments left on each screen grab thread, would there be, if each shot was ONLY of the base simulator.

Heck, some will post a comment only because of the PLANE that was captured in the screen shot...

We all have those visual triggers in play,  to post a comment on a Screenshot Forum thread.

Again...the poster's shots were great, (in scene set-up, and capture) and why?....because they entertained me.  Slogging water, over features of each sim....as per visuals...is just plain silly, in my books.  If the shot aligns to what the viewer counts as important...is what makes the shot....comment-able.   Nothing more complicated than that....at least in my books..

My post/thread comments never have to do with what platform, the poster took the screenshots from...no, but rather the artistry, their thought(s) for set-up...geographical location, desert...mountains, plains,...color, mood, ethereal injection by weather and cloud parameters...that is what moves me to post, other than looking, and moving onto another Screen Shot thread.

I appreciate the time to set up the shot...and that the poster FELT it moved him/her enough to make that shot, and present it on AVSIM, whether  just one...or as a series for scene and/or 'mood' progression.

Cheers,

Ses/Mitch

Phillipp,

Great shots and you were able to create a very realistic atmosphere. I have been enjoying P3D myself.

Especially the Time Preview feature that allows you to change the time of day on the fly without requiring the system to make you wait to reload textures.