Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Runway and Taxi Lights in P3Dv3?

When can we expect to see lights showing up the ground please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

When can we expect to see lights showing up the ground please?

Hopfully the 3.1 P3d update has fixed that? Can anyone confirm?

Yup, P3Dv3.1 has all ground light splashes working. However, when one mentions runway and taxi lights I do not think of aircraft lights but rather the actual white runway lights and blue taxiway lights.  Maybe it's the difference between Queen's English and American English?

Dan Downs KCRP

Yup, P3Dv3.1 has all ground light splashes working. 

Thanks Dan for that confirmation. I haven't updated yet from V.3.0.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Strange my Airbusses work okay.

Does that mean they will never work in '3'?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I just flew the 737-700 into an airport at dusk, and no illumination for either landing or taxi lights. By the time I got to the ramp it was dark out, but still no lights. Is this a PMDG issue or a P3D version 3.1 issue? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I've just had confirmation from a pal that the Illumination from the runway lights and taxi lights don't work and he's also using P3D V3.1 so what are you going to do about this PMDG please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

I use P3Dv3.1 with the PMDG 737NGX and I can confirm, that the runway lights are working indeed. The only problem so far is with Aerosoft EDDS (no patch available but that was also the case with P3Dv2.x and P3Dv3.0), all other problems with Aerosoft airports were sorted out with the help of patches from http://simmershome.de/native-p3dv2-light-patches/. Split and Zurich v2 (also from Aerosoft) were initially giving problems because of wrong loadings of APController.exe.

Jürgen Martens

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

I use P3Dv3.1 with the PMDG 737NGX and I can confirm, that the runway lights are working indeed. The only problem so far is with Aerosoft EDDS (no patch available but that was also the case with P3Dv2.x and P3Dv3.0), all other problems with Aerosoft airports were sorted out with the help of patches from http://simmershome.de/native-p3dv2-light-patches/. Split and Zurich v2 (also from Aerosoft) were initially giving problems because of wrong loadings of APController.exe.

Jürgen Martens

Are you starting your flight during daylight and ending after dusk, because that is when they don't work. If you start at night, they work fine in P3D. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Sometimes I start my flights at daylights and end them after dusk (FS is set to "system time"). So far I have not noticed any abnormalities.

But because of your question I right now placed my 737NGX during daylight close to the holding point RWY28 at LSZH (Aerosoft LSZH v2). Waited for a while, set the time at dusk and the lights were there. Then I set the time of night and still the lights were there.

I also did a a "Time Preview" and it worked very well. At least my setup appears to be ok.

If I knew how to attach screenshots I could provide some pictures just taken.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

Sometimes I start my flights at daylights and end them after dusk (FS is set to "system time"). So far I have not noticed any abnormalities.

But because of your question I right now placed my 737NGX during daylight close to the holding point RWY28 at LSZH (Aerosoft LSZH v2). Waited for a while, set the time at dusk and the lights were there. Then I set the time of night and still the lights were there.

I also did a a "Time Preview" and it worked very well. At least my setup appears to be ok.

If I knew how to attach screenshots I could provide some pictures just taken.

I believe that when you change the time and P3D reloads even once , you don't see this issue. Try setting a flight during  daytime,  1 hour before dusk.( make sure you only launch P3D one time)  Then fly past dusk, land, and see if you see lights. 

Just did that. Started at daylight in EDDH (Aerosoft Germany 3 with Simmershome patch) and went with my 737NGX to LSZH. I arrived at LSZH in complete darkness (slow speed and telling the IVAO ATC to let me do some sightseeing in order to kill time).

The result was as I expected: Full runway and taxi lights at LSZH (Aerosoft LSZH v2), no problems.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

Just did that. Started at daylight in EDDH (Aerosoft Germany 3 with Simmershome patch) and went with my 737NGX to LSZH. I arrived at LSZH in complete darkness (slow speed and telling the IVAO ATC to let me do some sightseeing in order to kill time).

The result was as I expected: Full runway and taxi lights at LSZH (Aerosoft LSZH v2), no problems.

I am heading to Key West now and it should be dark by the time I get there. Will report back what happens. If I have to, will fly some holding patterns for awhile before landing. 

Just landed. Results, landing and taxi lights worked normally.  I guess the day this happened must have been one of those computer glitches.  :fool:

This is similar to the thread I have going on...

http://www.avsim.com/topic/481471-landingtaxi-lights-dont-illuminate-ground-at-dusk/

I think there is some confusion about what the OP means though and what some of you guys have tested.  I don't think it's specific to P3D because I use FSX Steam edition.    My issue has nothing to do with runway lights or the lighting around the airport at all.  My issue is purely the landing and taxi lights do not illuminate the ground at dusk or dawn.  Its really difficult to articulate in words and is time dependant in the sim.  I am going to back this up with some screenshots in my thread. 

Thomas Derbyshire

This is similar to the thread I have going on...

http://www.avsim.com/topic/481471-landingtaxi-lights-dont-illuminate-ground-at-dusk/

I think there is some confusion about what the OP means though and what some of you guys have tested.  I don't think it's specific to P3D because I use FSX Steam edition.    My issue has nothing to do with runway lights or the lighting around the airport at all.  My issue is purely the landing and taxi lights do not illuminate the ground at dusk or dawn.  Its really difficult to articulate in words and is time dependant in the sim.  I am going to back this up with some screenshots in my thread. 

The issue in this thread is very, very specific to P3D, and has been an issue since the 3.0 update. Your issue is a rarer one that I don't think we've ever seen yet.

Kyle Rodgers