Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Anti ice usage and N1%

Has it been reported that the N1% is over exagurated when using anti ice? Before i submit a ticket...

Vernon Howells

Has it been reported that the N1% is over exagurated when using anti ice? Before i submit a ticket...

Exaggerated in what way, compared to what real world data source...?

Kyle Rodgers

Two NG pilots one with 15 years

Going to need more concrete proof than that. We have an entire technical team of operators (pilots, maintenance people, and so on), along with Boeing data.

Kyle Rodgers

My goodness, if you know they are right then one cannot argue with that....LOL

Dan Downs KCRP

I know my sources are right

...again...based on what real world data source...? What verifiable proof do you have other than your word, of what someone else's word is?

We cannot simply go changing things based on something some random person claims some other random person said on an internet forum. That's not how we work. Our Tech Team is comprised of people who we have verified to have experience with the aircraft as pilots, maintenance personnel, or other useful sources. I'm sorry, but allusions to "some pilot said" don't hold much weight against that.

Kyle Rodgers

I don't even understanding using anti ice at all in the sim, other then procedural - but that's like flipping a switch for the sake of flipping a switch.. a dummy switch. Kinda like flipping the seat belt sign at cruise, its not like anyone is sitting in the back waiting to take a pee. But even if you forgot to run any sort of anti ice... would anything happen? Is ice even modeled?

• Upvote 1

Its not about that Nick its about Exagurated N1 which is too high compared to real life so on approach and final, you will technically have a high rate of descend.

Vernon Howells

I don't even understanding using anti ice at all in the sim, other then procedural - but that's like flipping a switch for the sake of flipping a switch.. a dummy switch. Kinda like flipping the seat belt sign at cruise, its not like anyone is sitting in the back waiting to take a pee. But even if you forgot to run any sort of anti ice... would anything happen? Is ice even modeled?

Hi,

I know it is off topic but I cannot help answer that. It is not a question whether it is usefull or has any effect, but rather how realistically you want to fly the aircraft. You could also do without the beacon lights or strobes. There is no real ground crew risking their life and no one to file a case against you for not complying with regulations and procedures?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

...again...based on what real world data source...? What verifiable proof do you have other than your word, of what someone else's word is?

We cannot simply go changing things based on something some random person claims some other random person said on an internet forum. That's not how we work. Our Tech Team is comprised of people who we have verified to have experience with the aircraft as pilots, maintenance personnel, or other useful sources. I'm sorry, but allusions to "some pilot said" don't hold much weight against that.

My source does use the NGX and flys the real NG and says The N1 increase from using Anti-Ice is negligible and has no noticeable impact on your descent rate.

Vernon Howells

My source does use the NGX and flys the real NG and says The N1 increase from using Anti-Ice is negligible and has no noticeable impact on your descent rate.

Again. I keep asking for real, verifiable data and keep getting assertions. That's not how this works.

The sky is actually green, and clouds are purple. Believe me. I know a scientist and he said so.

Kyle Rodgers

Real verifiable data is the pilots i speak to. I'm sure to take there word for it over desktop PC sim addon.

Vernon Howells

Vernon,

If you have actual data that proves your "theory",  please feel free to submit it to our support portal. Continuing to tell us your friend says it's so doesn't give you any more credibility that you are correct in your assertions.  As Kyle previously outlined,  we have a team of real world pilots that we use to confirm performance and behavior of our products during the builds and while I don't doubt you have a friend who flies the 737, please tell me would make him more qualified than the pilots we currently use for testing the products we produce?  I am more than willing to look at something that you can prove with actual data but telling me it's so isn't sufficient i'm afraid.  We need actual data from a verified source.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg