Sign in to follow this  
jmdriskell

KSEA Missing Runway After Installing Add-On T2G KSEA

I don't know if this is the proper forum to ask this question but thought I'd try.

I recently installed Taxi2Gate KSEA in FSX.  The visuals are great but when I start to setup a free flight from KSEA and chose a runway, only the old left or right runways are available which seems to indicate that FSX is reading an old afcad.  The product appears to be activated and is shown in the add-on scenery list at the top.  I did notice that when I installed the product, it seemed to self-activate but I have also attempted to reactivate it but the system said it was installed.  Should I remove any other references to ksea?  I have aig-ksea installed.  Thanks in advance to any help.

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

You may as well take the gamble and ask here, cos, when I asked a question in their own forum related to one of their own airports, beginning of January.........................................well, I'm still awaiting any answer.

Somebody here might well be a tad more helpful.

Thanks for the insight.  I also have ORBX FTXNABluePNW installed which is probably the problem.  When I removed T2G KSEA,  all the runways showed up.  Apparently the ORBX product and P2G KSEA are mutually exclusive.  Maybe someone can suggest a work around.  Thanks.

Thanks for the link.  I'll give the updates a try.

OK, so I re-installed T2G-KSEA and applied the patches that T2G offered including the one for Orbx PNW.  I'm again missing the center runway.  I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion the T2G-KSEA is crap-ware.  I'm going to un-install it and find another solution.  I strongly recommend not buying T2G-KSEA. 

Oh my, seriously? The Taxi2Gate Seattle works just fine and also works fine with FTX PNW. Sorry but this thread just screams user error. Did you first check the ORBX or T2g forums to find any tips or ideas on your systems configuration?

FTX PNW has KSEA files that need to be removed as well.. ANY addon scenery installed on top of ANY FTX region (except Australia) will more than likely have issues as the FTX regions supplies airport files that will cause conflicts.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Are you sure that the issue isn't just that a start point hasn't been defined for the center runway in the AFCAD?  Visually does it look ok?

Brian W

KPAE

The runway is visually missing? or the afcad is missing the runway?   Do you have a traffic addon such as my traffic?  Traffic addons sometimes have special afcad files that interfere with 3rd patry files. 

I have My Traffic 2013 and any time I get a new airport I have to navigate to MyTraffic/Scenery and look for the IACO code.  I search for 'KSEA'  Then it would have something like KSEA_BR2.BGL and I then re name it to KSEA_BR2.old to make it an inactive file.  If I don't do this before I launch FSX it really messes up the AFCAD and I have to start the whole install over.

If you have a program like AFX which edits AFCADs you can see any conflicting afcads for a particular airport. 

Jim, Taxi2Gate just released a new KSEA installer which includes fixes.  It's in your Simmarket account.

Thanks Greg.  I got the latest version of T2G from SimMarket and ran the install.  Previous versions automatically installed KSEA and KSEA-TERRAIN  in the Scenery Library but new version didn't seem to do this.  I found the files under a SimMarket FSX subdirectory.  I copied these files to Addon Scenery.  I disabled KSEA**.bgl in FTX NM and moved all the FTX files up in sequence just below the T2G entries in the library.  I then added KSEA and KSEA-TERRAIN to the library and and allowed FSX to rebuild the indexes.

No joy!  FSX still doesn't offer the KSEA center runway.  It's like all my addons causes the original KSEA bgl (located at FSX\scenery\0101\scenery\SAPX15150.bgl) to take precedence.  It seems that this is an AFCAD problem.  The KSEA**.bgl file in T2G is correct but it's not the one that is presented when I select a runway from the location tab on free flight in FSX.

Again, thanks to everyone for the help, but so far, I'm stricking out.

Jim Driskell

Jim, I took a look at the AFCAD that's included and indeed it doesn't offer the center runway at a start point.  If you select 16R/34L you'll see that it's the western most runway of the three. So what you're seeing is normal.

Brian W

KPAE

Brian,

If I uninstall T2G-KSEA, I am offered the center runway when selecting KSEA during free flight.  The original FSX KSEA AFCAD (circa 2007) only had two runways but I long ago found an up-to-date KSEA afcad which replaced the original one.  L, C and R are offered after installing Orbx PNW.  But installing T2G-KSEA reduces the runways offered to L and R.  I searched my FSX drive for every instance of a KSEA**.bgl and renamed them "old" but to no avail.  Viewing T2G-KSEA KSEA-AF.bgl using Airport Design Editor X shows 3 runways.  I followed http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/105160-orbx-pnw-and-taxi2gate-ksea-airport-compatibility-guide/ 

carefully but to no avail.  I can't understand what's wrong and for now, I'm uninstalling T2G-KSEA.  I've posted this quandary on the T2G and ORBX support forums as well as here.  I'm missing some but don't have a ton of addons and I've never had a problem with any of the other scenery and airports that I've added.

Thanks,

Jim Driskell

Do you run GSX by any chance? If so you can use it to tell you what airport file is actually being read from and used while at Seattle. The scenery does work, quite well even. It also plays quite nicely with FTX PNW.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS