Sign in to follow this  
JLSeagull

EZdok: New version.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/new-allinone-build_topic55042.html

After suffering problems with EZdok for the last couple of months I finally uninstalled and removed all the 1.15, 1.16, 1.17, 1.18 and variable.ini update detritus from my machine and used this new installer. Bingo!! EZdok up and running again. Happy Camper. :smile:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/new-allinone-build_topic55042.html

After suffering problems with EZdok for the last couple of months I finally uninstalled and removed all the 1.15, 1.16, 1.17, 1.18 and variable.ini update detritus from my machine and used this new installer. Bingo!! EZdok up and running again. Happy Camper. :smile:

Nice - well done - thats good news - is this for P3D V3 also ? and native installer ? no Estonia tool needed

Rich Sennett

So I think the title of this thread maybe should be updated to just say "New Installer"?  This isn't a new version or anything.  It's still 1.18.7.  You just don't have to install and then update to 1.18.7 any more.  

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

So I think the title of this thread maybe should be updated to just say "New Installer"?  This isn't a new version or anything.  It's still 1.18.7.  You just don't have to install and then update to 1.18.7 any more.  

I'm betting some people won't read , and will uninstall their 1.18, and install this , and they will be back where they started.  :fool:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I was simply quoting Steve Halpern; "EZdok Camera is now in a new 1.18.7 All-in-One build......."

A new build is something else than a new version so that wasn't a proper quote. ;) Maybe ask a mod to edit the topic title? Just to be sure.

Ok,  I get it now.  This New Installer has included 1.15  1.17  1.18.7   all in one Installer.  That's pretty neat actually, One click and Install.

Will have to try this myself  

""Note: There is no need to update if you have 1.18.7 already in place"" 

From the product page

""Version 1.18.7. This version has all updates included. No additional updates required""

I'm inclined to agree with you Jerone, however as its a long over due new version at Flight1, all the confusion for new purchaser's will be averted, having to install 1.51 and then fine there are other versions and which one to install before finally you ended up with the right one for FSX/P3D, notwithstanding the fact all the later versions were not supported by Flight1. This has now brought it to a the latest and supported version.

bob

Ok,  I get it now.  This New Installer has included 1.15  1.17  1.18.7   all in one Installer.  That's pretty neat actually, One click and Install.

Will have to try this myself  

""Note: There is no need to update if you have 1.18.7 already in place"" 

From the product page

""Version 1.18.7. This version has all updates included. No additional updates required""

That is probably the biggest issue people have with EZdok, because once it is installed it works very well. This should convince many people to give it a try. I would not like to fly without it, just for the motion effects alone. Love taking off in the 737 and seeing the VC shake just like it does in real life. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Should be interesting to see if this helps the World Camera problem 

Anyone try installing this version and does it work out of the box or tweaks to get it working still needed and is it a native p3d installer

Rich Sennett

A new build is something else than a new version so that wasn't a proper quote. ;) Maybe ask a mod to edit the topic title? Just to be sure.

Jeroen et.al., - with all due respect Gentlemen (and semantics aside) - does it really matter whether or not it is a new 'version', 'build', 'release', 'escapee'  ..... or whatever else anyone else wants to call it? 

Why not pm Marniftarr and ask him what it should be defined as?

The Bottom Line for me is, quite simply, that EZdok is now no longer a problematic sequence of original version installs + updates + paste and copies of variable.ini's (as witnessed by Poppets' extensive Tutorials) and is now, finally, the 'one download - one Install' program that it has always deserved to be.

EZdok just got EZ!

Regards,

• Upvote 1

EZdok just got EZ!

Regards,

Appreciate your efforts but you did not read my posts ? few answers would be great as your explanation is very general

Rich Sennett

So to clarify, the single installer will now identify P3D V3.x path and install appropriately the single current version 1.18.7.

I know many use EzDok (I don't) ... does EzDok have the ability to replay?  From their manual (still labeled as 1.15.x) there is no reference to a record facility ... so that leaves P3D replay (which has some issues and doesn't show Virtuali airports) or FSRecorder which I just could never get to work well (lots of stutters and strange effects being created that weren't their in the original flight).

I guess I was hoping to see an EzDok v2.0 with full integration of recording facilities also (and of course will to pay more for that).

Cheers, Rob.

So to clarify, the single installer will now identify P3D V3.x path and install appropriately the single current version 1.18.7.

I know many use EzDok (I don't) ... does EzDok have the ability to replay?  From their manual (still labeled as 1.15.x) there is no reference to a record facility ... so that leaves P3D replay (which has some issues and doesn't show Virtuali airports) or FSRecorder which I just could never get to work well (lots of stutters and strange effects being created that weren't their in the original flight).

I guess I was hoping to see an EzDok v2.0 with full integration of recording facilities also (and of course will to pay more for that).

Cheers, Rob.

Sorry Rob but I can't answer any of those questions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_the_messenger.

For my own personal replays I have always used NVidia ShadowPlay but have noted that, on my latest beta of NVGE, NVidia have dropped the same. Portents of a new recording facility perhaps?

Regards,