Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Why the Windows Store is BAD news for PC users

I haven't even glanced at the windows store. Not remotely interested. Microsoft Flight and the shutdown of GFWL is the last time I will let MS lure me into trusting them on any long term project that they can then walk away from without a backward glance, leaving people high and dry.

Since Mr Gates left, they have the corporate attention span of a butterfly.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dunno what the problem is..... but..

You using a linux box? Seeing that you so anti MS..

Dunno what the problem is.

Principles 

• Upvote 1

Principles 

Yep. I might use the Windows OS, but that doesn't make me love everything Microsoft does.

For what it's worth, and probably not directly applicable to DTG's new flight sims unless they choose to use the UWP feature -- here's an article published on the Guardian web site titled "Microsoft wants to monopolise games development on PC. We must Fight It" by the Co-Founder of Epic Games:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/04/microsoft-monopolise-pc-games-development-epic-games-gears-of-war?CMP=twt_a-technology_b-gdntech

It might help explain why some of the hostility to the Windows Store isn't just knee jerk anti-MS sentiment. 

• Upvote 1

Yep. I might use the Windows OS, but that doesn't make me love everything Microsoft does.

For what it's worth, and probably not directly applicable to DTG's new flight sims unless they choose to use the UWP feature -- here's an article published on the Guardian web site titled "Microsoft wants to monopolise games development on PC. We must Fight It" by the Co-Founder of Epic Games:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/mar/04/microsoft-monopolise-pc-games-development-epic-games-gears-of-war?CMP=twt_a-technology_b-gdntech

It might help explain why some of the hostility to the Windows Store isn't just knee jerk anti-MS sentiment. 

I was literally just about to post this same article. Mr. Sweeney is a MAJOR player in the gaming space as the Co-Founder of Epic games and one of the original engineers of the Unreal Engine, Gears of War, etc. So I think his words are more powerful than just about anyone elses in the industry. 

• Upvote 1