Sign in to follow this  
Guest koorby

Koorby: Good on ya mate!!!

Downloaded and installed Voz 1.1. Great install...works fine. Great instructions for configuration. Absolutely brilliant product. Will be one serious reason to wait on install of FSX. I usually run dual for awhile anyway.This is the BEST Scenery effort I have seen short of Georenders works, which are site specific. In terms of taking on a CONTINENT, I think this work is unprecedented.Congratulations. and thank you.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest mtom

For me the best thing is being able see some colour flying downunder now.Cheers,Matthew.

Guest Darren Howie

I agreeHaving just on 8000 hrs in everything from 172's to A320's and spent those flying from one end of this amazing country to the other at every level from 200' to 39000 i must say it is an amazing piece of work.Congrats to the entire VOZ team for making clearly one of the most amazing releases for FS ever.And its free to boot.AmazingDarren Howie

Guest Redback

Simply Fantastic work,This scenery is truly awesome......I cannot believe it is free.Koorby, you sir are a legend.Regards,Red.

I would like to install VOZ, but I was curious about one thing. I have Ground Environment installed and I wondered if GE and VOZ will have trouble getting along. Can anyone tell me how that will work, or if it will at all?Thanks!KP

Guest koorby

Thanks for the comments everyone, we are overwhelmed by the response. Our servers are getting hammered, and we've had over 20,000 downloads in less than 12 hours (about one download every 3 seconds!). We have a global network of 15 mirror sites which is coping very well with the demand. To the FS community, the VOZ team says THANK YOU!Regarding GE2006; VOZ works very well with it installed. Peter Wilding gave me a copy of GE and I use it as my non-Australia global textures.To have VOZ and GE work together, do the following:1. Install GE20062. Install VOZ 1.1 (no textures are copied to FS9 by the installer)3. Run the VOZ Switcher and select one region (I recommend SE to start with), then press the VOZ button. The switcher will automatically make a backup of your GE2006 textures for you.4. When you are done flying in Australia, run the switcher and press the "UNVOZ" button. GE2006 is automatically restored and you're fine to fly anywhere else.5. When you want to come down under again, simply run the VOZ switcher and GE2006 (and any new textures you may have added) are backed up again when you VOZ.Could not be simpler! :)

Guest koorby

I also would like to extend an olive branch to Tom Allensworth. I know there has been some ill feeling between us but I would prefer to be sensible and not have some silly feud prolong without good reason. So Tom, I apologise for anything I have said and hope that we can work together to help give the FS community the best freeware addons and give the payware developers something to aspire to!I also appreciate you agreeing to post the news item about VOZ 1.1 - there is no doubt AVSIM has considerable clout by weight of numbers of members and I acknowledge that.Now to start work on 1.2 ....

Koorby,Are you saying..if I Install VOZ, and I fly in SE OZ and then fly in TX, I would have the same trees and stuff?Hey..thats a good idea. I love your trees.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest koorby

VOZ works very well all over the world. To quote one of the VOZ developers:" VOZ Northern textures are superb when flying Alaska/Canada forested areas.And California/Arizona/Utah/Mexico lend themselves to VOZ SE and SW.In fact, if you have a look at the various temperate and sub-tropical zones of the world, these three areas (N, SE and SW) are right at home in many parts of the world.Another example:- The strip from Peru down to Tierra del Fuego is perfect for SW and SE."Cape Town in South Africa looks amazing with VOZ SE textures. What you are getting with VOZ is four products in one. Each region could be applied to many different parts of the world.

Well unless someone comes up with smellavision ( which I wouldn't particularily enjoy) I think Koorby and company have produced as real an experience of satisifying the human senses in flightsimming as possible to date.Absolutely stunning...........sorry I can't stick around to say more 'cause I've the whole of Australia to inspect closely by helicopter before I get too much older. Folks down there might even see and hear me as I pass overhead.Thanks also for providing this gratis.Gary :-beerchug :-rotor

Guest RocketRod

One other great thing. My download was in about 4 minutes. That is the fastest I have ever downloaded something like this. I salute all those that provided mirrors.

Guest koorby

Well it's the community helping the community. We are dishing out VOZ goodness at about one every 1.8 seconds across all 18 servers.

Guest mtom

What a take up rate :-) That's extaordinary!! :-) I wonder whether that tourism ad had anything to with things. May be not, but it sounds like people are heeding the advice: 'so, where the bluddyhell-arya?'Cheers,Matthew.