Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Ultimate Traffic 2 Prepar3D v3 & v4

Elaine your hand must be getting very tired from all this typing yowser - thanks for helping many so much  :wink:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

It's worth noting that I do not have anything set up to "run as administrator", and yet I still have it all installed in the Program Files (x86) folder. I apologise if that makes me an annoying little **** :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Elaine,

On starting P3D, music plays, P3D loads and aircraft show up.  Thank you!  So far so good!

My user is a member of the administrator group, and both executables are set to run as administrator.  All of the files including utii.dll are present in the directory. 

Control panel starts and then terminates after "Ready...".

I initially had problems with installing utii.dll - Windows Defender flagged it as a Trojan.  I have made exceptions for it and the folder.

Thank you again,

Dave

Dave Wadsworth
i9 13900K 5.5Ghz 64G DDR6000 nVidia 4090 
Win 11 22H2 Pro P3DV5.4 ASP/ASCA Pilot2ATC FS2Crew/TIR5/CP

It opens with ONE error. This is a Program Error - Error evaluating aircraft repaints - SQLite error - near "A6" : syntax error.

Yes very true,  More then likely wont effect UT2 whats so ever.

You probably know the reason for this but Here it is anyway

Also on start up of UT2 gui you have to route to fsx.cfg file and fsx.exe file - only once but if you update the schedules as I have three payware versions you have to find and update cfg again 

Very true Rich,  If you hook up the control panel to the fsx.cfg using the method on page one and when you update your traffic settings you will have to Update your Prepar3D.cfg to show this.  Christopher has his hooked straight to his Prepar3D.cfg with no error.  Im getting an error though when i do it this way. I am working on it though and will be rewriting this guide when i can filter out all problems   Please Note: This will not effect UT2 launching or seeing planes in prepar3D

I will still get the Red "Warning! Flight Simulator did not shut down properly

Mike,  just doing some more research on this 

Greatest cause of the big Red Error sign across all Operating Systems is............. 

27189642064_e8abb1638c_o.png

(1) Installing into Program Files (x86) 

Check and confirm for your operating system if these Items are needed and have been updated 

(2) Check to see is Microsoft Visual C++ 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013 are installed

(3) Check to see is if MS SQL Server 2012 is installed 

(4) Installed all your simconnect?  Located here  Prepar3D v3 ► redist ► Interface

(5) UT2 is definitely installed as Administrator? 

(6) Added expectations to your Anti virus Software? 

(7) Microsoft .NET Framework?  Have you got this?  Have you update this? 

Control panel starts and then terminates after "Ready...".

Dave     

Are you sure you are Installing UT2 Version 2.09?   If not download the latest Wrapper from Flight 1 shop 

If you are sure you are............

This is called a CLR20r3 Error 

Read this

See if that helps.  I would be very interested to know if this works or not 

Come back and let me know 
  • Upvote 2

(2) Check to see is Microsoft Visual C++ 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013 are installed

For this, I highly recommend the Visual C++ Runtime installer tool. It deletes all current packages, then installs all the latest ones, then you know you've got a clean install.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=393405

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Thanks for that link, Elaine. I may finally be able to track down the source of that syntax error when I load the UT2 Utilities software. I will let you know if I do :smile:

On a side note, I use Ultimate Traffic 2 version 2.04. It's the DVD version.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

For this, I highly recommend the Visual C++ Runtime installer tool. It deletes all current packages, then installs all the latest ones, then you know you've got a clean install.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=393405

Thank you for that Sethos. 

Thanks for that link, Elaine. I may finally be able to track down the source of that syntax error when I load the UT2 Utilities software. I will let you know if I do :smile:

On a side note, I use Ultimate Traffic 2 version 2.04. It's the DVD version.

Really,   2.04 is the old Version,  Very good.  

Christopher has his hooked straight to his Prepar3D.cfg with no error.  Im getting an error though when i do it this way

I think i have just found the reason for my error, I have 2.09 and  It seems its impossible to have the path connected into your Prepar3D.cfg without an error in this version (No Migration Tool of course)    It still works of course no problem,  The UT2 control Panel starts no problem.  

I'm working on crushing this error :smile:   

Elaine,

I was told a long time ago on the UT2 forum that I couldn't upgrade the DVD version to 2.09, so I never bothered! Since it works for me, that is exactly what I will be doing again after I have installed P3D v3.3.5.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris,

Very good.  I need you to do me a very important job   :smile:

When you Upgrade UT2 to version 2.09 I need you to tell me,  When you open up your UT2 Control Panel, are you getting an error when you link your path up to your Prepar3D.cfg    I'm getting a Error loading Default UT2 or fsx settings 

The UT2 Control Panel opens up no problem and everything works perfect but if you could do that for me and let me know 

You misunderstood me, Elaine. I will not be upgrading to version 2.09. UT2 works fine for me in P3D v3 with version 2.04, so I don't want to risk messing everything up!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Greatest cause of the big Red Error sign across all Operating Systems is............. 

I would like to add another to my list.

I was finally able to Replicate "Bring On"  the Big Red UT2 Error sign. 

By putting a UT2 Entry in both exe.xml files in AppData\Roaming and ProgramData this brought on the Error sign.

Let me Explain: For beginners,  UT2 is traditionally launched  from your exe.xml file located here:  Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► PreparD v3  

There is now also an option for Developers to Launch programs from your exe.xml file located here: Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► PreparD v3

If there is an Entry in both exe.xml files in the 2 locations you will get the Big Red Error sign.  So if your new to Prepar3D and have been adding Entries to your exe.xml file,  check these 2 locations.   

If you have been trying to get UT2 to launch and are receiving this Error Please check that you only have 1 UT2 Entry in only 1 exe.xml file 

27741383122_61cebd75af_o.png

I would like to add another to my list.

I was finally able to Replicate "Bring On"  the Big Red UT2 Error sign. 

Nice but you didn't say which location to keep and location to discard the entry    :smile:

Rich Sennett

Elaine,

Thanks for the input.  I am running 2.09 for certain.

Thanks to you. I looked in my event log, and found that the program was crashing with an 0xC0000005 error.  I checked on the UT2 forum, and found that this has been seen since late 2015, and the only suggestion was to disconnect for the network, which does not fix the problem in my case.  Continuing research...

Regards, Dave

Dave Wadsworth
i9 13900K 5.5Ghz 64G DDR6000 nVidia 4090 
Win 11 22H2 Pro P3DV5.4 ASP/ASCA Pilot2ATC FS2Crew/TIR5/CP

Nice but you didn't say which location to keep and location to discard the entry    :smile:

You can Run UT2 successfully from both locations either in AppData\Roaming Or ProgramData  but Obviously from only 1 location at a time 

Traditionally UT2 has Run from AppData\Roaming I do not see a reason to change this.  For Beginners i would say to Stay at AppData\Roaming as other programs will create\Add Entries to AppData\Roaming, for now anyway your better off keeping all your exe.xml Entries in one location.  This will obviously change over time as developers begin to use the new location (ProgramData) 

Thank you for your replies Elaine,

Everything is installed using admin mode, everything is running in admin mode. I think I won't check all my exe.xml s  

I have decided to reformat, install a fresh version of Win10 Proff, and install a fresh P3D into a location on a different drive than my OS. I think this is the best way to go forward now. 

I will install UT2 before I go ahead and install things that require migration tool.

I'll let you know how it goes in a couple of days once i back up all my downloads and such.

Thanks again!