Sign in to follow this  
davecessna

So what's going on at REX?

Thanks for the info Reed. Much appreciated. I will patiently wait for this update.

The leak was unfortunate, but I look forward to it. Luckily I was able to keep my textures alive, but did notice an issue when I turn off volumetric fog. I will be waiting patiently for this new patch. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

To update the crowd here.

1.) We released a new major update to REX Texture Direct, Texture Direct w/ Soft Clouds, and Soft Clouds about 2 weeks ago.  This included fixes for P3D 3.1

2.) LM released P3D v3.2 last week.  They changed several key elements that caused our fixes to be obsolete or cause problems.   Immediately, we went into investigation mode to find out what was going on.  Therefore, we suspended our updates to try to prevent additional issues.

3.) During our current beta testing - some how our beta codes and beta test was released publically without authorization.  So we had to delete all files and codes and start over.

4.) Presently we are working on a few other fixes we found and will be releasing a PUBLIC beta likely tomorrow at the latest.  Provided NOTHING weird happens like #2 or #3.

We thank you all for your patience and support of REX.  Our goal is ALWAYS to provide the best experience, but sometimes things get a little wacky.

Thanks Reed

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

To have working clouds I installed FEX and used a nice Cumulus cloud :

Clouds%20HDR1.jpg

Is the FSX/P3D version a new purchase, or can the original order number from a previous FSX only purchase work?

Thanks,

Mark

Is the FSX/P3D version a new purchase, or can the original order number from a previous FSX only purchase work?

Thanks,

Mark

I believe the FSX version of REX is all you need for P3D (no new purchase required).

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I believe the FSX version of REX is all you need for P3D (no new purchase required).

I believe he is inquiring about FEX not REX if the tagged picture is used as reference.

I am clueless.. I am still trying to understand what got broke that requires a fix?  :) I did not update with any 3.1 version of REX/  I am using the old soft clouds and they look ok in 3.2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

To update the crowd here.

1.) We released a new major update to REX Texture Direct, Texture Direct w/ Soft Clouds, and Soft Clouds about 2 weeks ago.  This included fixes for P3D 3.1

2.) LM released P3D v3.2 last week.  They changed several key elements that caused our fixes to be obsolete or cause problems.   Immediately, we went into investigation mode to find out what was going on.  Therefore, we suspended our updates to try to prevent additional issues.

3.) During our current beta testing - some how our beta codes and beta test was released publically without authorization.  So we had to delete all files and codes and start over.

4.) Presently we are working on a few other fixes we found and will be releasing a PUBLIC beta likely tomorrow at the latest.  Provided NOTHING weird happens like #2 or #3.

We thank you all for your patience and support of REX.  Our goal is ALWAYS to provide the best experience, but sometimes things get a little wacky.  

Thank YOU, this is customer service the way it's meant to be.

Hans

Thank YOU, this is customer service the way it's meant to be.

I hope they find out who the beta tester sleaze ball is that released the beta to the public last week. Apparently that set everything back. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I hope they find out who the beta tester sleaze ball is that released the beta to the public last week. Apparently that set everything back. 

I can tell you 1000% who it wasnt

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Yah noticed that but no comparsison to REX imo

FEX is not even close, but the last time that I explained the  background as to why the REX Soft Clouds approach was technically superior, the post got deleted. :Shame On You:

• Upvote 1