Sign in to follow this  

DTG Flight School: certainly NOT not for us simmers

What an ill-informed silly post :smile: .

• Upvote 2

Rob Jones.

What an ill-informed silly post :smile: .

You are free to argument and express your opinion but please bear in mind you and DT have to deal with numbers, and you tube's video comments are numbers to deal with, sooner or later.  :smile:

if it is meant to compete with P3D, well, there is an embarassing huge gap and not a single flight simmer will choose DT FS if they aready knows P3D.

I'm not sure where you are getting this information from in terms of the "huge gap" you speak of. What I can say is that DTG Flight Simulator is not designed or intended to "compete with P3D" or another other current flight simulator. There are some great flight simulators out there that do amazing things. We are really not interested in what the current generation of flight simulators do. Our focus and interest is in what a next generation flight sim can do. 

DTG Flight Sim is our take on a next generation flight simulation platform and is planned to be a much more encompassing experience compared to the focused pilot training of Flight School. The key word here is "platform". We have said this many times before, DTG Flight Sim is not going to be all things to all people at day one of launch. Yes there will be lots of great new features and content in there for you to enjoy, but we can't put everything in there day one. If you try to do a little of this, that and the other without a clear focus you end up with something which is average as best. It is easy to look at the world of FSX, see all the add-ons, developers, a huge choice of content and everything else that makes that sim so fantastic. What is often overlooked is it has taken ten years to get to this point thanks to a lot of hard work from developers and the community alike. The truth is if you are expecting all of that to be in place day one then you will most likely be disappointed. It is going to take time and a lot of ongoing conversations between us, you the community and the wider world of flight sim developers to build DTG Flight Sim into the new platform we all want it to be. 

Over the past 2 years, we have made our intentions clear with respect to welcoming and working with developers, both big and small, on FSX: SE. We fully intend to continue those relationships and looking forward will be welcoming both existing and new developers to the Dovetail Games Flight Simulator platform.

Naturally we will provide developers with all the tools, documentation and support they need to create great new content for this new platform and will be working closely with them during that process.

The key phrase here is "to create great new content". We have all seen what can be done with the current generation of technology. We really want to see what people can do with the next generation. 

- Martin 

• Upvote 5

Hi Mr. Martin,

I understood the concept of your post, basically, you mean that Flight Simulator will be the platform of the future..

Oh my god, oh my god, I have never seen such a suicide strategy in my life.  :sad:

Your post is out of line and is written rather rudely as far as posts go. Its not up to you to define the strategy of DTG and how the CEO will feel. An informed opinion is one thing but conjecture and making predictions with no hard evidence is another. Martin and DTG are interacting with us as a community and all you are doing by writing like that is scaring them away from engaging with us. Even though you may want the best possible simulator to be published like we all do, we should also remain dignified and respectful to each other. 

• Upvote 10

Hi Mr. Martin,

I understood the concept of your post, basically, you mean that Flight Simulator will be the platform of the future..

Oh my god, oh my god, I have never seen such a suicide strategy in my life. 

You aim to release the " next generation " platform , as per you words. The big issue here, witnessed by many others in you tube comments btw, is that your platform is 10 years old, just like fsx. 

You are going to release a " new product " already released to the market in early 2000 when J.W. Bush was the president of United States ! The video we have seen, simply shows no forward steps have been made since fsx SP1, at least. ORBX texture is not a step forward, that's just a side step.

DT guys, you are going to lose this game, sorry to say, I bet DT CEO can't wait 3-4 years for Flight Simulator to profit, above all because that's not sure it will, that's pure gambling here, flogging on a dead horse, in addition competitors meanwhile will explore new roads, based on new platforms purely 64 bit coded, from scratch.

But, if you have put all of your fiches on your end of the year product and you are confident it will be the platform of the future, well, I can say here that within 3-4 for years from now I'll be the president of USA as well, after Trump or Clinton Hilary.

Do not listen to your ego and/or marketing mantras only, just listen sometimes to whom is in the flight sim fields since you were not even born, the very same guys which are posting comments on the Tube DT latest video, for example.

Well only time will tell. Maybe you are right, maybe we are right. I guess we will be able to answer this in a few years from now. 

- Martin 

Your post is out of line and is written rather rudely as far as posts go. Its not up to you to define the strategy of DTG and how the CEO will feel. An informed opinion is one thing but conjecture and making predictions with no hard evidence is another. Martin and DTG are interacting with us as a community and all you are doing by writing like that is scaring them away from engaging with us. Even though you may want the best possible simulator to be published like we all do, we should also remain dignified and respectful to each other. 

Some people like apples, some people like oranges. It is all good. Whether you support us or not, we are here to stay. 

- Martin 

• Upvote 8

Martin, in the interview you posted about today ( http://www.pcgamesn.com/dovetail-flight-school/onwards-and-upwards-dovetail-flight-school-and-plane-simulation-in-the-modern-era ) there is another in cockpit screenshot, and it's yet another screenshot without dynamic shadows in it as far as i can tell

Dovetail%20Flight%20School%201.jpg

Which brings us back to what i asked about before in regard to the Approach video and how cockpit dynamic shadows are not present, while you said that it's a matter of conditions in the specific video. Now, are those conditions present in the screenshot too?

Did you watch the video i previously posted? It should give you a better idea about dynamic cockpit shadows better than me trying to explain it to you in english, being a second language.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I agree, what a rude and immature post. Anyway, you can not base your prediction on just a few Youtube comments.

Firstly. What bothers you so much about a new platform?.Its a good thing in my opinion. More competion it means they will strive to improve. But who are those competitors that will start from scratch? Let us know as you seem to have valuable information.

Secondly. I am sick of reading uninformed, discouraging, negative comments not only on the sim community but almost on any forum I read about something that I am interested. An example would be Virtual Reality. Now we have two big companies that are developing vr headsets and competing. I have an Oculus DK2 and use it for simming. I am really ecxited about VR and I am sure its going to succed and improve in the future. What do you read in forums amd Youtube videos? Oh thats a gimmik, its going to fail, I can see the pixels, the Feel of View is not good enough, etc... It seems to me that people are too demanding. They want everything to be perfect from day one. It looks like people who have never achieved anything in life love to see people who have vision and work hard for what they are passionate about fail. They feel important criticising from their computer the work of others who work hard for what they believe in. There are also wars or fanboyism as they call it. If I have invested on something then yours is ###### and is not going to succed.

I invested on P3D and I am quite happy with it. i have FSX steam as a back up. I have tried X Plane. I like some more than the others but I am always open to something new. I preordered DTG Flight School to see what it is like. It looks good to me.I will buy the DTG full simulator. I know that from day one it is not going to be perfect. I understand that. I have been through that. I can still use my other simulators for things that are not yet developed on the new one.

Sorry about the rant but its something I need to take out of my chest.

• Upvote 3

Secondly. I am sick of reading uninformed, discouraging, negative comments not only on the sim community but almost on any forum I read about something that I am interested...

Yes, I know what you mean. Although everybody is entitled to their own opinion all the negativity gets under my skin too.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Yes, I know what you mean. Although everybody is entitled to their own opinion all the negativity gets under my skin too.

I agree with you that everybody is entitled to their opinion as long as it comes from respect. I am up for positive criticism. Things that we will like to see or things we think can be improved. Good thing Martin is here to listen to us. I just dont want other people to interfere with this positive communication.

• Upvote 2

Did you watch the video i previously posted? It should give you a better idea about dynamic cockpit shadows better than me trying to explain it to you in english, being a second language.

No worries, I follow exactly what you mean. Leave it with me and I will chase up the development team and find out what is happening with this. At the moment, as you would imagine, we are compiling new builds of DTG Flight School every few hours to test and refine different features. I can not say for certain which build these screenshots were from. 

Like I say, leave it with me and I will see what I can find out for you. 

- Martin 

• Upvote 1

No worries, I follow exactly what you mean. Leave it with me and I will chase up the development team and find out what is happening with this. At the moment, as you would imagine, we are compiling new builds of DTG Flight School every few hours to test and refine different features. I can not say for certain which build these screenshots were from. 

Like I say, leave it with me and I will see what I can find out for you. 

- Martin 

Thank you Martin, i was right thinking about the fact you might have different builds..

And apparently i failed, posted this here instead on the Q/A topic, sorry about that

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

And apparently i failed, posted this here instead on the Q/A topic, sorry about that

No problem. I do my best to keep an eye on all of the threads the best I can. There are lots of you and only one me. I am sorry if I miss anyone out. 

- Martin 

I spoke about screenshots, videos and interviews, not about a dream I had last night.

My opinions and the opinions of dozens of tubers are against your dreams ? Who cares ? 

Just focus on the game, don't be obsessed by other's opinions and above all do no try to censure us, don't even try.

Oh come on Mark II, nobody here is trying to silence you. But I personally don't like the negative approach you take and the wording you choose.

hmm...why are you posting screenshots of a dumbed down release ? 

Or as I suspect there is no dynamic shadows in FS and the delay is the reason and you DT are trying to add it last minute ? 

Thx

Well, I accept the bid. I will be here for long time, you ?

Even if I have to say that few months will be enough, just like MS Flight. I am sorry. The only difference from MS Flight is that at least many of us were involved into the beta, DT ignored the community instead. Why ? 

Other than that, DT FS fate is already doomed in us tubers opinions.

Acually DTG doesn't ignore the community at all! They listen a lot better than MS did at the time of Flight and DTG's intentions are very different compared to those of MS with Flight. And Martin is communicating with you now, isn't he? Humor me Mark II, isn't there anything positive you can see in DTG's endeavour? Come on, make us smile  :Big Grin:

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Mark II, I have a very simple and straightforward question.
If you have so little expectations about DTG Flight School and DTG Flight Simulator, why don't you simply ignore these new releases and stick to what you have or wait for the simulator of your dreams? And first and foremost, why are you here, if the only contribution you can bring is your aggressive criticism and the only evidence to support your arguments are some posts from YouTubers?

Honestly, you are giving the impression to be someone whose only goal is feeding his own bias. Please understand that, while it can sound funny or exciting to you, it is very boring for some of us.
Just saying.

• Upvote 3

What He Said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

My concern is for DT Flight Simulator instead, it will be based on fsx with very very minor light tweaks called PBR and HDR and very very minor ATC accents tweaks only and probably a learning school basic jet for super beginners therefore basically without FMC, what a shame.

So from your words, Flying is just punching routes on an FMC!

I suggest You get an FMC Trainer from Boeing.

hmm...why are you posting screenshots of a dumbed down release ?

Or as I suspect there is no dynamic shadows in FS and the delay is the reason and you DT are trying to add it last minute ?

Other than that, DT FS fate is already doomed in us tubers opinions.

Maybe you have some insider info. Most of us don't.

Even if I have to say that few months will be enough, just like MS Flight. I am sorry. The only difference from MS Flight is that at least many of us were involved into the beta, DT ignored the community instead. Why ?

The fact that you weren't invited, does not mean members of the community weren't invited!

Hi Mr. Martin,

Oh my god, oh my god, I have never seen such a suicide strategy in my life.  :sad:

I don't believe You understood the post nor understand the concept of DTG Flight School or DTG Flight Simulator.

BTW: I also enjoy flying Jets and doing Company Routes, but. How is this for Flying?

Stick and Rudder.

2013-4-4_15-15-0-439.jpg

and Fire

2013-4-6_13-9-50-443.jpg

• Upvote 1