Sign in to follow this  

DTG Flight School: certainly NOT not for us simmers

For those of us who are real world pilots, we know that general aviation is dying a slow death due to it's high costs and the fact that  kids these days have way more entertainment options that require less cash and commitment than learning to fly an airplane.   Flight sims and the communities that get built around them are a great way to get young people excited about flying and while DTG has some work to do to convince me they have a polished product that can adapt to the needs of people with real world flying experience, I applaud them for making efforts to bring in new people into our community.  

FS2000 was my first sim platform and it was far from realistic out of the box.  Rod's lessons were optional, but in hindsight I wish some of them were required before you could be let loose. DTG at least is trying to provide new people with a structured way to get immersed in our hobby instead of aimlessly flying around and getting bored/frustrated after a few flights like many newbies do.

• Upvote 5

Also... the DTG Flight School may attract non-flight simmers to our world.  I certainly don't think there will be a mad rush... but anything that brings people in is a good thing!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Some people like apples, some people like oranges. It is all good. Whether you support us or not, we are here to stay. 

That would have to be the best response I've ever seen on any forum to forum spleen.

• Upvote 3

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea