Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

RealismShaderPack v1.1

I know he doesn't but I'm wondering if turning down the HDR brightness would offset the effect of the terrain brightness tweak in the tool.

Seems to be the case though.

I believe that you can manually increase the terrain brightness if you wish within the GPUTerrain file.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Has anyone tried the Navids sky textures together with this package?

Yes and they work quite well. I find the daytime textures cast a cool tone that I'm not so keen on, so I replace them with REX textures. Dawn and dusk is very nice though.

This thread seems to be bugged? I noticed a few posts have disappeared including mine. Oh well.

This thread seems to be bugged? I noticed a few posts have disappeared including mine. Oh well.

I noticed that as well. Either the forum software is flaky when it comes to handling long threads or one of the moderators has had a senior moment and won't fess up to his error...lol! Looks like our pearls of wisdom are lost forever in the ether :(

Regards,

Mike

Here is a shot using Navids sky textures with RSP. Dusk and dawn look very natural unlike a lot of REX textures which seem to overlight the clouds, particually when using HDR.

This looks pretty close to reality to me.

Ja9uVTA.jpg

• Upvote 5

Here is a shot using Navids sky textures with RSP. Dusk and dawn look very natural unlike a lot of REX textures which seem to overlight the clouds, particually when using HDR.

This looks pretty close to reality to me.

Ja9uVTA.jpg

Well thats extremely nice. I was just afraid that this sky textures package would remove the blue haze effect obtained with certain REX texture themes+RSP.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

All my posts about the definition of "Bloom" have gone (including some non-HDR screenshots of mine) .... BUT ... I did say in my last post that if it was felt (by whoever) to be getting seriously off-topic, then they'd be welcome to delete those particular posts. Maybe they took me at my word LOL - and deleted related posts as well!

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Hi Folks,

Yep - Navids new version looks pretty darn good in my book...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

The missing contribs were shifted here by a Moderator

http://www.avsim.com/topic/488710-discussion-of-hdr-bloom-in-p3d/#entry3421964

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

is that picture with HDR on or off? it makes a huge difference. P3D is a bit uncontrollable at sunset with HDR on from what Ive seen. I haven't experimented with 3.2 though.

anyway - its a nice pic.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

is that picture with HDR on or off? it makes a huge difference. P3D is a bit uncontrollable at sunset with HDR on from what Ive seen. I haven't experimented with 3.2 though.

anyway - its a nice pic.

That is with HDR On. I do have bloom set at zero, but even so with these textures dusk and dawn is acurate even with HDR.

• Upvote 1

The missing contribs were shifted here by a Moderator

http://www.avsim.com/topic/488710-discussion-of-hdr-bloom-in-p3d/#entry3421964

Kind regards, Michael

Michael, thanks for the heads up and, Vic, my profound apologies for appearing to be doubting your mental prowess - I promise not to do it again! Of course, you're absolutely correct. As so often happens, we were wandering off topic and, certainly, it will be useful to have discussions about HDR & Bloom concentrated in a thread dedicated to that purpose. Good to know the Mods are keeping an ever watchful eye on their errant children :)

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 2

Here is a shot using Navids sky textures with RSP.

Beautiful shot! The coloration and haze seems spot on.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.