Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

RealismShaderPack v1.1

Do we HAVE to use P3D's HDR with this?

Does this product have any FPS hit?

Will it crash like ENB and others use to with FSX?

Cheers!

Hi Ron,

No, no and no.

Regards,

Mike :)

@Cruachan: too much bloom for my taste (i prefer the realistic/photographic mode) .. but nothing that can't be easily adjusted by reducing that bloom from 0.80 to 0.10 (very subtle and help in the high light conditions, like flying over the clouds). Apart this.. very nice shots!

Hi npole,

Thanks! You might be right regarding the bloom. However, I'm struck by the appearance of the images as posted - they appear to have more contrast (as viewed on my iPad Air with it's retina screen) than on my monitor which, to me, at the time looked pretty good.

Regards,

Mike

@TonyH:

Can you share the settings please (i mean, all - HDR, Shader - so i can compare)? I'm only facing that problem and everything will be perfect after i solve it. The cockpit seems to be linked to the ground shadows, is this correct?

Thank you

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Excellent shots, the most beautiful I've seen so far in this thread.

Could you mind sharing the adjustments made to your P3D in more detail?.

Cheers,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Stupid question...

If this a standalone tool, or is it meant to work together with/enhace some other shader/tool/plugon/etc.?

Is this a standalone tool?

Hi Carlos,

Yes. Apologies for changing the 'If' to 'Is'.

Regards,

Mike

Download:

https://www.dropbox...._v11rc.zip?dl=0

Link not working. :sad: Idea?

You have to click on it or copy the LINK, not the text.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

@TonyH:

Can you share the settings please (i mean, all - HDR, Shader - so i can compare)? I'm only facing that problem and everything will be perfect after i solve it. The cockpit seems to be linked to the ground shadows, is this correct?

Thank you

Another one here!

Cheers,

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Realism shader pack settings are these:

Terrain and Shadows:

- Terrain brightness: High

- Shadow intensity: Medium

Autogen:

- Enable autogen brightness setting: enabled

Clouds:

- Enable Cloud shade with alternative popcorn fix: Enabled

HDR:

- Step 2 enabled

P3d v3.2 settings in HDR

- Brightness setting is: 1.10

- Bloom: 1.00

- Saturation 1.20

I also have Reshade installed and im using default DX11 settings.

• Upvote 1

Toni Hiltunen,

Scenery Designer, Freeflow Beta Team

Prepar3d v5

System specs: "Gigabyte X570 Gaming X" = "Asus Geforce RTX 2070 8Gb Turbo" = "AMD Ryzen 5800X" = "Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-3600 C18 DC - 16GB "

At the risk of getting off topic ... I had similar problems with Acronis (it just went barking mad!). Macrium Reflect, however, oozes professionalism all the way through - as well as being much more intuitive IMHO.

I dumped Acronis years ago and went with Macrium. Never looked back. Outstanding software.

I've installed it on several PCs in the business office at work and runs perfect.

Mark

Do we HAVE to use P3D's HDR with this? 

Does this product have any FPS hit? 

Will it crash like ENB and others use to with FSX?

Cheers!

You need to check out post #13 re FSX

bob

Hi Carlos,

Yes. Apologies for changing the 'If' to 'Is'.

Regards,

Mike

Hey Mike, no problem thanks for the clarification. Not sure though where you "changed the if to is" ?

Well ... it doesn't do much for me (on my system). I dumped the REX (and/or Soft Clouds) textures in favour of my old FEX clouds - which helped - but RSP doesn't seem to affect them much (if at all).

I think the problem with popcorn clouds (which I LOATHE) isn't so much with shading/palette but rather more to do with the *maths*. The sizes/distribution simply aren't random enough, IMHO.

These horrific clouds (usually in the "scattered" weather scenarios) - coupled with the oily/black water palette are a huge step backwards for P3D. FSX does all that much better.

Adam.

How dare Mother Nature create such "horrific" things! Shame on her! Lol

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I can't believe how much object (autogen, building, aircraft) shimmering has been greatly reduced by shadows...4K monitor, 8x MSAA, No SGSAA.

F406_zpskz4uqb89.png

F406-1_zps0cpupqoa.png

F406-2_zpsuair39hj.png

F406-3_zps5zvk9rbp.png

F406-5_zpsnxngpcrf.png

F406-7_zpsoajj2iqp.png

• Upvote 2

Brian Riggs

PPL 2001

Ok guys with broken P3D, listen here :smile:

- First I'm terribly sorry that the config tool broke your P3D install, I know that I would be mad if some 3rd party tool broke my sim, seriously. :Shame On You:

- Anyway, I think that we are on to something that could be the culprit and generally the source of the problem. 95% of users or maybe even 99% reported that everything is perfect after installing the shaders. but the 5% or less reported broken P3D with that black screen issue.

We had some discussion today, and after some thinking, we agreed that there is a chance that the app could delete 4 shader files in ShaderHLSL folder, and for some reason the tool didn't copied modified versions, so they remained deleted and automatically P3D install useless. That would not be such a problem if the restore function of original P3D files worked on these systems. In next version I will include these 4 original files in a folder separately, allowing you to restore them without using the tool, just in case of red alarm. :)

- I assure you that the tool was tested on several Win10/Win7 systems without ANY SINGLE ISSUE, so I'm surprised that it can cause that kind of problem.

- Also this version is release candidate (BETA) and it is clearly stated that you are using it at your own risk. I really hate that statement in ANY freeware software readme file, but I know now why it is so important. :) BETA is BETA, either freeware or shareware, weird things can happen with BETA software, and even with full tested versions.

- Confirmation dialogs will be added, and a simple check if the autogen tweak is already applied when changing terrain brightness, to install automatically new autogen brightness value.

That's it for now, thank you for your understanding! I'm sorry for caused problems once again!

• Upvote 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.