cle15.jpg

cle16.jpg

cle17.jpg

cle18.jpg

cle19.jpg

cle20.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

• Upvote 2

Awesome! Like you said in another thread, HL, it's just planet Earth. However, it's when and where you take the screenies, and the system setup you have which is the reason people enthuse about it.

They built the stadium a little close to the approach didn't they? Mind you, the same might be said for any airport in an urban area with building all around.

Mark Robinson

"What's it doing now?"

Greenbrier Aero Club former member

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Beautiful shots!

Thanks for your comment!

Awesome! Like you said in another thread, HL, it's just planet Earth. However, it's when and where you take the screenies, and the system setup you have which is the reason people enthuse about it.

They built the stadium a little close to the approach didn't they? Mind you, the same might be said for any airport in an urban area with building all around.

Appreciate the comment.....The old 1940s downtown airport got too small so they built a big megaplex international airport inland..like Chicago!

HLJAMES

• Upvote 1

I was born in Parma, south of Cleveland, but grew up Strongsville and left in 1981.  I went to the stadium on the lake front a few times.   A new one was built sometime after I left named JAcob's Field, which is  more downtown area and close to Tower City, which has Amtrak and public transit (RTA train if I recall).    So I see on google maps that is is still there.  Anyhow, I remember watching one football game in the '70s against I think it was the Viking's with snow blowing in from the lake.  The field was covered in snow and I was on the couch  under a fuzzy blanket.  The area west of Cleveland was called the "snow belt" due to the lake effect snow--perhaps why Cleveland Hopkins was built southeast of Cleveland and the new 'burbs.  Parma was in the snow belt, while Strongsville was just on the edge, so we did not get as much snow as Parma.  Hopkins is outside of snow belt....

• Upvote 1

i7 4790k @ 4.3 ghz AsRock Z97 Extreme4 G.Skil 8 gig 1600 Samsung 840 Pro EVGA 1070 GF-TQ and various other GF CH Yoke and pedals

I was born in Parma, south of Cleveland, but grew up Strongsville and left in 1981.  I went to the stadium on the lake front a few times.   A new one was built sometime after I left named JAcob's Field, which is  more downtown area and close to Tower City, which has Amtrak and public transit (RTA train if I recall).    So I see on google maps that is is still there.  Anyhow, I remember watching one football game in the '70s against I think it was the Viking's with snow blowing in from the lake.  The field was covered in snow and I was on the couch  under a fuzzy blanket.  The area west of Cleveland was called the "snow belt" due to the lake effect snow--perhaps why Cleveland Hopkins was built southeast of Cleveland and the new 'burbs.  Parma was in the snow belt, while Strongsville was just on the edge, so we did not get as much snow as Parma.  Hopkins is outside of snow belt....

Thanks for your informed comments....I see many private jets at the downtown airport...an executive airport near downtown.

HLJAMES

That's an airplane I hope Carenado updates for the GTN.  Beautiful, beautiful shots as always.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

That's an airplane I hope Carenado updates for the GTN.  Beautiful, beautiful shots as always.

Thanks for commenting.....V2 TBM850 HD with G1000 panels....very nice airplane for cross country and mountain flying!

Great shots HL!

Apperciate the comment.....love those Appalachian mountain ranges!

HLJAMES

Thanks for commenting.....V2 TBM850 HD with G1000 panels....very nice airplane for cross country and mountain flying!

Ahh, my mistake...thought it was the Malibu Mirage.  Should have at least noticed the long turbine nose.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Ahh, my mistake...thought it was the Malibu Mirage.  Should have at least noticed the long turbine nose.

We need a sport plane with serious performance....Lancair Evolution!

HLJAMES

Great photos.

You should consider adding some commentary to your photos about your trips. See you left Philadelphia as I can see the city and the Delaware and Schuylkill rivers.  Is the big river a  few shots later the Susquehanna? Had me looking for confirming landmarks.  Looks like you flew left downwind over the city of Cleveland turning right to an eastbound approach to Burke Lakefront (KBKL) where they used to close the airport one weekend a year for Indy Car racing.

Frank Patton

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 MOB; i7 4790 4.4Ghz; 16gb DDR3 2300; MSI GTX970 4gb Gaming 100ME, Coolermaster Pro 5 case, Corsair H100i

Former USAF meteorologist and ground weather school instructor; AOPA Member #07379126

There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit! - Benjamin Jowett

Nice, that was a quick trip!

Darryl

Thanks much...turbine power!

Great photos.

You should consider adding some commentary to your photos about your trips. See you left Philadelphia as I can see the city and the Delaware and Schuylkill rivers.  Is the big river a  few shots later the Susquehanna? Had me looking for confirming landmarks.  Looks like you flew left downwind over the city of Cleveland turning right to an eastbound approach to Burke Lakefront (KBKL) where they used to close the airport one weekend a year for Indy Car racing.

Appreciate the comment...#4,5 Susquehanna, #7,8 Juniata River, # 14 very distinctive Clarion Island in the Allegheny River. The small river is the Clarion, you can see the rail road bridge crossing the Clarion. #15 Allegheny River.

Looks super!

Rob

Many thanks for commenting!

HLJAMES