Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

iXEG 737 ground handling...

From watching a few videos it appears to me the ground handling is a bit twitchy?

I see that both during taxi, but also on takeoff and landing rollout, any steer inputs result in somehow abrupt changes in direction ?

Might it be because of custom ground physics ? Can it be fine tuned ?

How does the A/T system cope with turbulence and variable winds / shear... Do the correction rates appear plausible or do the throttles start to move nervously ?

How does the autoflight system cope with autolands with close to limit x-wind components ? On rollout are rudder inputs automatic, or does the PIC have to make he's own corrections to get the aircraft aligned ?

Are failures programmable ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I noticed this as well but for X-Plane 10 in general.

Does this have to do with the wheel-ground contact model on X-Plane 10? I always thought that during take-off the runway seems as if it was made of ice.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

The ground handling is better now on the IXEG since the first hotfix came out. I think the A2S videos were completed before the hotfix.

NAX669.png

I thought the ground handling of this plane is better than most of the add-on aircraft I have.  With most of my other planes, GA or tube liners, I'm zig zaging a little down the runway during takeoff and landing.  With the IGEX 737, I can hold the centerline almost perfectly.

I was wondering if there was some plugin at work here to counter the X-plane ground friction model.  Maybe it just works better with my settings or hardware?

Rob

I thought the ground handling of this plane is better than most of the add-on aircraft I have.  With most of my other planes, GA or tube liners, I'm zig zaging a little down the runway during takeoff and landing.  With the IGEX 737, I can hold the centerline almost perfectly.

I was wondering if there was some plugin at work here to counter the X-plane ground friction model.  Maybe it just works better with my settings or hardware?

Rob

I agree.   I usually have problems staying straight, especially on takeoff, but with this 737 Classic I can keep it right on the center line. 

I would love to purchase a utility that would get all of my X-Plane aircraft handling like IXEG's.

Well, those question would be better off at the X-Pilot Forum.

Most answers are already there...

No problem with IXEG groundhandling here.
Biggest problem IMHO is the poor physics of hardware toe-brakes (at least with Saitek rudder pedals): tip them and they go to full stop.

Flo

• Upvote 1

Confirm that the ground physics model is customised. :)

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.