Guys, just to update everyone....I got a Visio 50" 4K for $500.  Very, very happy with it. It's extremely sharp, excellent color, and capable of 30Hz...a huge step up from my 46" Samsung 1080P.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-50-class-49-5-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hdtv-black/4453100.p?id=1219749486719&skuId=4453100

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Nice Gregg, that's a really good price too.  Thanks for reporting back, lots of people interested in moving to 4K now that prices are more attractive.

Cheers, Rob.

.I got a Visio 50" 4K for $500.

Gregg, which model Vizio did you get?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Guys, just to update everyone....I got a Visio 50" 4K for $500.  Very, very happy with it. It's extremely sharp, excellent color, and capable of 30Hz...a huge step up from my 46" Samsung 1080P.

http://www.bestbuy.c...9&skuId=4453100

Sounds great.   When I went from my 40' to my 55' 4k, it was like flightsimming in IMAX.    Particularly immersive at night in the 777 taxiing around an airport.  Really feels like you are there.

Current TV and monitors are all limited  by how much  "DATA" can be delivered to them. There are several different HDMI cables and right now if you have the standard 1.4 hdmi cable your 4k TV will only support 30 Hz. If you have the newer hdmi 2.0 cable, it can transmit enough data to display at .60 Hz. Then there is another cable (not hdmi) that can handle 4 k and up right now. Some of the higher end tV/monitors have these and that might be wheat you are seeing , thinking they are a strange hdmi plug. This link explains all of this much better than I can.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/hdmi-2-0-vs-1-4

Hope this helps.

Terry

30hz?  That's 2013-2014 era tech (technically all 4k TVs are capable of 30hz, that's basically the minimum [technically 24Hz film support is the literal minimum, but you'll see all pre-HDMI 2.0 models advertised with 30Hz support]).  $500 is a good price for the size but you can get 60Hz for the same price in a bit smaller model.  Example: Vizio 2016 E series 43": $500 @ Best Buy currently, Samsung 2016 KU6300 series 40" $550 also @ Best Buy.