Sign in to follow this  
basementflyguy

WX Advantage Weather Radar!

Two quick questions.

1. Does it have a radar beam that sweeps back and forth?

2. Does it show clouds or only rain?

Many thanks

John

Only precip. It controls the ambient precipitation state so you don't get rain without clouds though.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Hi guys!

I followed closely the recommandations to install it. Works fine for me in my P3D V3 install! In my FSX-SE I get the error message"MV_WX.dll incompatible with this simulator". In FSX Steam does anybody get that?

Pat

I have the same problem with FSX-SE, exe ver 10.0.62615.0, works OK in P3D 3.23.16769.

Posted problem on the REX/Milviz WX forum.

Spyglass

Congrats to Milviz & the REX team. I'm looking forward to seeing this gauge in action on my Milviz B55 & Cessna 310. :wub:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have the same problem with FSX-SE, exe ver 10.0.62615.0, works OK in P3D 3.23.16769.

Posted problem on the REX/Milviz WX forum.

Spyglass

I contacted Rex too by email! Thank you spyglass, stay tune :wink:

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Does it come with a 3D gauge such that it can be integrated in the VC (like a GPS)? From the description it seems to be 2D only.

At this time it is only a 2 popup BUT from what I understand it may be freely available to developers for a panel addon 

At this time it is only a 2 popup BUT from what I understand it may be freely available to developers for a panel addon 

Creates an interesting paradigm for developers.  Do they continue to employ ASN ASI, this newest rendition, both, or none?  It's always great to have more options!  

Matt King

I have the pro version of q400.

I don't use ASN. Opus Fsi is my engine of choice hence why I'm interested in this radar.

It would be good if you were specific in stating that in the beginning, as the Q400 at this time only supports the ASN addon for weather output.  Our weather integration in the early release of the Q400 was by no means an accurate representation nor did we advocate that it was.  We merely made it possible to have some weather representation displayed based on the the weather stations reporting within 100NM if I recall, with the simulator.  At the time of the Q400 - there were not many aircraft that gave proper weather representation within the flight simulation platform. 

There are going to be products released that offer superior integration in time to come, and this new product by MilViz and REX sure does seem to be the start of many new things to come, as it now allows most of our general aviation add-ons some guidance during inclement weather operations.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Do you need to be hooked to the Internet/ taking a real time weather feed for the duration of a flight for the radar to work?

Do you need to be hooked to the Internet/ taking a real time weather feed for the duration of a flight for the radar to work?

No. It will work even with default FSX weather themes or user custom weather.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Hi Spackman 

No you don't it works awesome with Default weather themes or custom advanced.

Dreamer

Hi guys. Here's a quick and dirty first look. Initial impressions? It's awesome, especially for how snappy and responsive it is.Yet another reason I need to buy the folks at REX a drink.

(Posting this in the other WX Advantage threads as well ...)

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

It would be good if you were specific in stating that in the beginning, as the Q400 at this time only supports the ASN addon for weather output.  Our weather integration in the early release of the Q400 was by no means an accurate representation nor did we advocate that it was.  We merely made it possible to have some weather representation displayed based on the the weather stations reporting within 100NM if I recall, with the simulator.  At the time of the Q400 - there were not many aircraft that gave proper weather representation withing the flight simulation platform. 

There are going to be products released that offer superior integration in time to come, and this new product by MilViz and REX sure does seem to be the start of many new things to come, as it now allows most of our general aviation add-ons some guidance during inclement weather operations.

I thought that it was fairly obvious that I was talking about the default q400 radar and not the ASN enabled version. I understand the limitations of this default version and wasn't expecting anything different. this looks promising as it works with any weather provider. Sorry if that wasn't clear from the get go.

Hi guys. Here's a quick and dirty first look. Initial impressions? It's awesome, especially for how snappy and responsive it is.Yet another reason I need to buy the folks at REX a drink.

(Posting this in the other WX Advantage threads as well ...)

https://youtu.be/ntvVHa6dAVc

If you have ASN doesn't it already come with a gage like this one?

If you have ASN doesn't it already come with a gage like this one?

This one can be placed in any craft you have in the sim objects/ aircraft with a panel 

Dreamer