Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

LM will release hotfix for P3Dv3.3 in a few days

I hope that they at least put a checkbox in 3.3 to turn the new feature off/on so that people can see which sceneries aren't 'compliant'...gives the devs a way to test also.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

What's the meaning of a "few days" in this case for LM and the v3.3 hotfix?. A month or really days?. Who knows?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

What's the meaning of a "few days" in this case for LM and the v3.3 hotfix?. A month or really days?. Who knows?.

Cheers, Ed

That's why one should  never rush  to install an update. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Quoted from:

Re: Scenery Problem with bgl airport add-ons

by Adam Breed » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:02 pm

Hello All,

The issue has been identified. In the next couple days we will be releasing a hotfix to correct a bug that has caused issues with some third party sceneries. Thank you for helping identify the issue and to the third parties for providing more information. It will not conflict with the other performance changes in recent updates.

As part of this bug, we have identified some capabilities that are necessary to further support developers to use our recommended methods. We are developing those enhancements and expect them to be included in a future release. We will provide more information as soon as we can.

Thanks again for the feedback and your understanding - you all help us make Prepar3D great,
Adam
-----------------------------------------------------------

It seems we are not ready yet to fully replace FS2002 SDK by newer methods.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

You know...for a company that so many non-P3D users joyfully proclaim doesn't care about simmers...they just keep on releasing fixes directly catered to simmers. I don't think too many military contractors are worried about FlyTampa compatibility.

• Upvote 5

That's why one should  never rush  to install an update. 

Right, and also always have a backup of one working version!

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I for one have decided that to preserve 3.2 may be significant, but to move forward with 3.3 does have its advantages also.

I have moved to 3.3 and I have not had the issues reported here but I have only spent an hour on 3.3.

I decided that when I purchase a Scenery or Airport package, makes no difference which I chose, the price is never that cheap, so I am going to remove the 3.3 client update and install the 3.2 client. Then purchase another license for P3dv3.3 as long as both can reside in one computer which I am not sure as of yet.  

Maybe I need another cup of coffee this morning Talking%20Ear%20Off.gif

Nick Sciortino

I for one have decided that to preserve 3.2 may be significant, but to move forward with 3.3 does have its advantages also.

I have moved to 3.3 and I have not had the issues reported here but I have only spent an hour on 3.3.

I decided that when I purchase a Scenery or Airport package, makes no difference which I chose, the price is never that cheap, so I am going to remove the 3.3 client update and install the 3.2 client. Then purchase another license for P3dv3.3 as long as both can reside in one computer which I am not sure as of yet.  

Maybe I need another cup of coffee this morning Talking%20Ear%20Off.gif

Just make sure you have the 3.2 Install files, uninstall 3.2 client, install 3.3, and if it acts up, uninstall 3.3, and reinstall 3.2.  BTW, having beta tested different add ons over the years, an hour, or day or even a week sometimes doesn't turn up a problem. May show up on someone's system, and not another. Best beta testing is when a large group of users installs a new version, and then the problems, if any, will start to be reported, as in the case of 3.3.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Andre, aircraft?  I think you mean scenery?  P3D SDK/PDK is very robust when it comes to aircraft, kinda boggles my mind how robust it is and what can be done including going outside standard flight model offerings.

But just curious, I don't see A LOT of devs lining up and asking LM to add anything to the SDK in order to reach a specific feature/objective ... I know Pete did but anyone else?  There are also many new features that aren't being exploited because they "don't work in FSX".  Now that P3D is more popular, more devs are "paying attention", lets hope a golden opportunity is not missed.

Agree, the focus of LM is commercial, but they took this issue on-board even though plenty of warning had be provided going back years that this compatibility day would come ... and yet....

Cheers, Rob.

No Rob I mend aircraft  ;-)

André

You know...for a company that so many non-P3D users joyfully proclaim doesn't care about simmers...they just keep on releasing fixes directly catered to simmers. I don't think too many military contractors are worried about FlyTampa compatibility.

:smile: You noticed! As I said in another thread - anyone recall when communications with MS were this open?

Vic

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Then purchase another license for P3dv3.3 as long as both can reside in one computer which I am not sure as of yet.

Unless LM changed something recently, 3.2 and 3.3 can't coexist. Only major versions can share the same OS, for example V2 and V3. 

Funny thing how we have been paying (in certain cases) an additional fee because "P3D is a whole new simulator", yet sceneries are compiled with the same tool.

I'm glad this is out in the open now.

Uh no. Each version of FSX and P3d has its own version of the SDK. The list of tools in each SDK may be close to the same, but the tools also have different versions and differing capabilities. Fortunately, LM has been very good about maintaining backward compatibility. 

Quoted from:

Re: Scenery Problem with bgl airport add-ons

by Adam Breed » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:02 pm

Hello All,

The issue has been identified. In the next couple days we will be releasing a hotfix to correct a bug that has caused issues with some third party sceneries. Thank you for helping identify the issue and to the third parties for providing more information. It will not conflict with the other performance changes in recent updates.

As part of this bug, we have identified some capabilities that are necessary to further support developers to use our recommended methods. We are developing those enhancements and expect them to be included in a future release. We will provide more information as soon as we can.

Thanks again for the feedback and your understanding - you all help us make Prepar3D great,

Adam

-----------------------------------------------------------

It seems we are not ready yet to fully replace FS2002 SDK by newer methods.

Well, tricky language!.

So, we don't know now if all this mess was simply caused by a bug or by and enhancement (and this is the best part of the history) that has now been postponed to a further date. Good if LM takes its time to technically address the enhancements with some and well known scenery developers.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

What's the meaning of a "few days" in this case for LM and the v3.3 hotfix?. A month or really days?. Who knows?

Probably today or tomorrow.

Cheers, Rob.

OK, I'm asking at this point that some kind of seasonal provisions for P3D-native ground polys be considered because as it stands LM hasn't provided a completely suitable alternative to the "evil FS2002 groundpoly"

Too funny ... some might turn that around and think most 3rd party content providers think the P3D SDK is "evil" and hence don't use it for their products  "designed for P3D".  

If you want me to put you in touch with Adam, PM me, but Wes B. is long long gone (years ago) onto other adventures in life ... both Adam and Wes have been very responsive and reasonable with new feature requests and/or bug fixes, they just need to know, they may or may not act on it, but they'll listen.

Cheers, Rob.

Probably today or tomorrow.

Cheers, Rob.

Let's wait, then.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

I unfortunately went straight from v3.1 to 3.3, very tired and blissfully unaware Kate last night of the potential short term issues with sceneries.

Can anyone suggest where I could download vs 3.2 from? I wouldnt need scenery update.

Mark.