Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Ultimate Realism Pack

It's the PMDG.

My mistake. I saw other thing. Yes it it PMDG.

My%20Signature.jpg

Several screenshots look nice.

But your daytime cockpit screenshots looks like night. Way too dark..

The city nightlighting is too bright on the other hand..

JustMy2Cents

Indeed, the flightdeck lighting is *quite* dark. How realistic that is, I don't know, as I've never been in a 737 flightdeck. 

Obviously it's difficult to strike an ideal setting, as sharpening up one scene at a particular time of day, angle, altitude, etc, may result in another visual circumstance looking less appealing. 

I prefer a softer, darker look myself but to each their own.  :smile:

I'm happy with the results for now but will continue to tweak/fiddle as I see fit. P3D is ever evolving.

I do really appreciate the constructive feedback, though! I'll post more screenshots over time as I collect them. 

Guys, after using fsx for many years I actually purchased P3D v3.3 last week after taking a look at the RealismShaderPack post, that tipped my decision immediately. This work is outstanding and needs to be rewarded.

However I am one of the handful who have posted here who is very confused, maybe due to rapidly approaching six decades. Obviously I did not get a chance to work with RSP as I did not own p3d until now, but I would be extremely grateful if someone here takes the time to explain what it is we need to download and install if possible with steps needed.

Is this replacing RSP for v3.3, and what about the other tool mentioned here as well.

Much appreciated for any guidance provided.

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

So everyone is using this in conjunction with RSP?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

So everyone is using this in conjunction with RSP?

You use PTA in conjunction with RSP - load PTA then you open the ini with PTA it will set PTA to RSP settings - You need the zip file on page 1 of this post do nothing else but what I have told you to do - with unfinished sky textures i would wait on that I use REX4

Rich Sennett

You use PTA in conjunction with RSP - load PTA then you open the ini with PTA it will set PTA to RSP settings - You need the zip file on page 1 of this post do nothing else but what I have told you to do - with unfinished sky textures i would wait on that I use REX4

Thanks Richard. What's PTA- is that like a setting mod program like sweetfx?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Thanks Richard. What's PTA- is that like a setting mod program like sweetfx?

Welcome - awesome stuff no sweet being used here no need

http://www.avsim.com/topic/489018-prepar3d-tweak-assistant-pta/

http://1coder.ru/PTA/

Make sure you download the version for your P3D - have to wait I would assume for a new version of PTA for this new P3D version today

Make sure you make a copy of your entire shadershlsl folder in your main P3D folder -  you have been warned before you use this tool - very important

Rich Sennett

I couldn't wait hehe :Devil: ...PTA appears to work fine and got that fabulous blue haze back.

I couldn't wait hehe :Devil: ...PTA appears to work fine and got that fabulous blue haze back.

Cool you sure - would assume so just be great when PTA developer confirms it

Rich Sennett

I want to try this PT A for 3.3

I currently use SweetFX. What do I do with that?  What files do I need to turn off from that?

Can that sit there as is?

I do not know if I have "custom" shaders. (before working with tweaks, please make sure that you have all original Prepar3D shaders in sim). I have been using SweetFx and REX for textures.

And what do I do after I run the PTA? just hit apply? and then start P3D?

OK.. I did just the following two things

Ran the PTA3.3

Clear shader cache

Apply Preset

Now running P3D. I did not remove the old SweetFX stuff

I think that seems to work..I love the Atmospheric scattering effect..which is what made me use this tool

26980491574_062434b6e3_o.jpg

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I'm using the ultimate realism pack with P3D v3.3 via the PTA tool per the instructions in the README.  The outside world looks amazing and bright, however inside the plane it is so dark I can hardly make out anything on the instrument panel.  What setting will brighten the interior? Especially with a dark panel like the SR-22 nothing is really readable except the glass part (G1000)....and even that is very dark.

I used to have a dark panel once I incorporated RSP into PTA so I went back to RSP, reinstalled the Autogen patch and now the panel lighting is back to normal. Maybe that can fix it for you as well.

And don't forget to clear the shaders again.

Cheers

Good evening !

I installed the preset in PTA as it´s described in the readme but is it possible to disable the "dynamic bloom" or how it is named ?

I mean this effect here:
2016-7-13_17-30-11-971ts10.jpg

2016-7-13_17-30-14-803esdh.jpg

If I move the view up in the sky or down to the water the bloom/lighting goes up and glares to much.

Beautiful, thank you.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Hi, why does my scenery look like this after using Ultimate realism pack? Copy and pasted the ShaderHSL map but not sky textures and applied the recommended tweaks in PTA.

DOAZCPF.png

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.