Sign in to follow this  
Cargostorm

P3D v3.2 vs. v3.3 - visible improvements

Visibility in the far distance now looks very good.

Also no weird haze borders between 20000-37000 ft.

Hm, after update from 3.1 to 3.3.5 this haze borders is now more intense on my system. Under 3.1 i could suppress it (less or more) with max upper visible = 125 in ASN (open beta 5), but in the actual release does not work.

My Settings:  MultiLayer on, min visibility = 0, min upper vis = 65, max upper vis = 125 (ASN), vol Fog P3d on (P3d)

Can tell me how you got it off ?

Regards

Jens

Hm, after update from 3.1 to 3.3.5 this haze borders is now more intense on my system. Under 3.1 i could suppress it (less or more) with max upper visible = 125 in ASN (open beta 5), but in the actual release does not work.

My Settings:  MultiLayer on, min visibility = 0, min upper vis = 65, max upper vis = 125 (ASN), vol Fog P3d on (P3d)

Can tell me how you got it off ?

Regards

Jens

ASN B6004 works perfectly with all options set to default.

Use max Upper Vis 120

Max Cloud Draw Distance 135

And the latest beta

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Thanks Gerard, having the same issue will give a try tonite.

@GSalden

Multi Layer and VolFog enabled ?

+1 ?

Absolutely, I'll admit I wasn't able to test P3D V3.3 that much since my father passed away April 23rd (age 86) and have been taking care of my mother (age 84) who now lives alone after 60+ years of marriage ... it's been somewhat of an emotional roller-coaster for me.  So there are also personal circumstances (family, life, work, etc.) that influence time available to test products and as such people should take those possibilities into consideration before making Beta accusations either directly or indirectly.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, My sincere condolences on the loss of your father.  I'm sorry to hear of what you have been going through during the very difficult time.

You have always given fantastic advised and feedback to which I will forever be grateful for.  Not just me, but the wider community as a whole.  You are the biggest reason (Yes, more than anyone else) for me to have had a amazing results with my P3D experience.

You will always get a small minority of nutters who point fingers at developers or Beta testers if things don't go according to plan but thankfully, by in large the sim community appreciate all the hard work that goes on in the background.  Thank you so much for everything you have done!

Regards

Abdul 

• Upvote 1

What autogen files? Which package or a payware? 

Thanks,

Dirk.

Hi Dirk, that can be any addon that changes the *.sbp or default.xml files in the autogen folder of P3D's root folder. For example, Aerosoft VFR Germany or FlyTampa make their own entries in the default.xml. FTX Global comes with a complete set of autogen files, which incorporates 3rd party scenery entries. If you own the later, just install it again together with the latest libraries.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

You have always given fantastic advised and feedback to which I will forever be grateful for.  Not just me, but the wider community as a whole.  You are the biggest reason (Yes, more than anyone else) for me to have had a amazing results with my P3D experience.

This ^^^

Very sorry to hear of your loss Rob,  Thanks for sharing.  

sorry for your loss, Rob. My dad died back in 2004 and it was a very emotional time for me. Im taking care of my mom now too to some extent (shes mid 70's)

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Use max Upper Vis 120

Max Cloud Draw Distance 135

And the latest beta

Works not for me, as usual from FL300 down to FL270 appears the haze border :unknw:

@Nooon

Have you tried it too ?

Works not for me, as usual from FL300 down to FL270 appears the haze border
What is this haze border?  In real life, looking out the window, the horizon is always covered in haze.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

What is this haze border?  In real life, looking out the window, the horizon is always covered in haze.

Looks that way from any aircraft I have ever been in also.   :nea:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Thanks for the kind words folks, I'll hopefully be able to get more involved in the next P3D version(s) as they are going to be very important milestones.

As far as ASN ... there is a new Build 6010 ... I've had pretty good success with:

Min surface Visibility = 0

Max surface Visibility = 200

Max upper Visibility = 200

Auto adjust upper Visibility = True

Multiple visibility layers = True

In P3D V3.2 the last option "Multiple visibility layers" caused a significant performance drop in "some" weather conditions.  So far I haven't ran into the problem in V3.3.5 (I am having some other performance issues in V3.3.5 but not related to weather and I can't replicate in a base no add-on install of v3.3.5)

Cheers, Rob.