Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

New TrackIR 5...hurts my eyes

VR was supposed to be "the next big thing". But the next big thing is home automation.

After reading this thread for 2 days. I went on a 2 hour VA flight this afternoon and decided to fool with the settings on Track IR, since the AP was doing a fine job of flying the NGX over the Caribbean. I got it all sorted out, just had a problem assigning a joystick button to the pause function using FSUIPC, then I read about the trap check box, and unchecked it, and now it all seems to be working. Guess I will start using it again.  :smile:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

now it all seems to be working. Guess I will start using it again.  :smile:

Like I said, its a sight for sore eyes!

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Like I said, its a sight for sore eyes!

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Been tinkering with it tonight. They have new software that is much newer than what I had, and seems easier to configure. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

and seems easier to configure

It also fixed an issue where it would put GPU into the wrong power state ... posted this some time ago ... gotta keep up Bob!  :)

Cheers, Rob.

After reading this thread for 2 days. I went on a 2 hour VA flight this afternoon and decided to fool with the settings on Track IR,... I will start using it again.  :smile:

Welcome in the club again, Bob!

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I have been using Track IR for the past few weeks. My eyes are fine, but I find that it really hurts my neck. After a short time I have pain in my neck for the rest of the day. I thought it could be my monitor position. So I have been flying since without the TRACK IR and just using the hat/ EZDOK. I have had no further pain. So I presume it has to be down to the Track IR and the fact that the movements of my head while using this device are straining my neck.

Richie - it's exactly the opposite.  :)  Most people tend to "freeze" their movements to avoid the screen continually shifting. There are two solutions, learn to relax a bit and don't stiffen up and the thing that worked best for me was to map the F9  and F12 buttons to a rocker switch on my yoke or stick. Most of the time I have TIR off(F9) and when I need it a quick flick of the rocker and I'm good to go.

You can also adjust the sensitivities of the profile if you want.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Interesting read. I'm planning on getting TrackIR. I find using the hat switch on my flight stick to pan around isn't exactly precise as I'd like. I've tried messing with the speed settings in EZDok for the panning too. To be honest, panning using the mouse feels much smoother and more natural.

I'm tempted to order one, would most of you say flying with it is a must and does it really make the flying experience that much better? I will be using it on a 55" 4K TV sitting about 2.5-3ft away from the screen. So I hope it will work with this setup since most people who mount their TrackIR devices are using regular size monitors. Hope the sensors will pick up the device when mounting it so high above.

I see it selling for about $149 on Amazon. Is there a better place to order one of these for a lower price?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Let me ask you guys why are you using the F9/ F12 thing with EZDOk and TIR?

I just set up static views that have the TIR box unchecked in ezdok , that way it won't try to auto center on controls where I require no head movement ( like setting up the FMS and overhead panels etc) I mainly have the TIR turned on for pilot and copilot views  and a couple of outside views. That's the beauty of using ezdok for me anyways.

I see it selling for about $149 on Amazon. Is there a better place to order one of these for a lower price?

Sometimes it's cheaper directly at naturalpoint especially if you want to get a track clip pro at the same time.

Interesting read. I'm planning on getting TrackIR. I find using the hat switch on my flight stick to pan around isn't exactly precise as I'd like. I've tried messing with the speed settings in EZDok for the panning too. To be honest, panning using the mouse feels much smoother and more natural.

I'm tempted to order one, would most of you say flying with it is a must and does it really make the flying experience that much better? I will be using it on a 55" 4K TV sitting about 2.5-3ft away from the screen. So I hope it will work with this setup since most people who mount their TrackIR devices are using regular size monitors. Hope the sensors will pick up the device when mounting it so high above.

If you have patience you can snag one on ebay for <$100. Just set up an alert and be ready to strike once one comes up.

Steve (Slayer) beat me to it! I, too, set up static views for operating the FMS or for accessing buttons and switches that are not within easy view. I map them to my Thrustmaster joystick buttons. It's not unusual for me to have around 6 or 8 different views set, some with static views, some with TrackIR enabled.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

That seems like a better idea, what Slayer just mentioned by disabling the "TIR" button for those views you wish to have TrackIR off. Instead of mapping an ON/OFF switch.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I'm tempted to order one, would most of you say flying with it is a must and does it really make the flying experience that much better?...Hope the sensors will pick up the device when mounting it so high above.

Yes, it makes a huge difference. BTW you can mount the sensor behind you if you have difficulties with a large display.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Behind me? I don't have anything behind me except a wall... Would that mean i would have to wear my hat backwards?