Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

AS16 seeing clouds shifting (moving out of the way)

As a long time user of ASN, today during my initial runs with AS16 I noticed that sometimes when I fly through clouds they shift left or right, like they moving out of my way as I fly through them. I never experienced this before with ASN with REX. I saw a video on YouTube yesterday and he was displaying the same things. Is there a setting I need to adjust? 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hard to beileve there is no answer yet. It can clearly be seen in the video and the even make comments about it happening.

So many questions and so few people to answer them, sorry about that Wise87.  What you are seeing is most likely the "in cloud motion effect."

AS16 Options\Cloud options\Cloud motion effect.

I think what you are referring to is the rotating cloud textures. This has always been the case with FSX and P3D. It is to do with the fact that the clouds are basically a 2D textures so they have to always be facing you (ie they have no sides)

Hard to beileve there is no answer yet. It can clearly be seen in the video and the even make comments about it happening.

You may have better luck posting this on HiFi's forum

Try changing the CLOUD_FACING_MODE=1 to 0 in the P3D.cfg if its not set to that already. 1 will give barn-dooring, but they will spin less with head movement. 0 gives more head movement spinning, but you will fly straight through if you look ahead. I hope I've got that the right way round :blush:

Too many people have reported this spinning clouds fro me to deny it exists but in my normal flying with all versions of FSX and P3D I have never seen it. Once someone had me go to spot view and back off quite a bit and pan around - then I saw some movement. But in normal locked spot, and in cockpit - I have never seen it.

Correction - I do recall a few times where the clouds directly in front moved away - but this happens with default weather also.

Vic

Try changing the CLOUD_FACING_MODE=1 to 0 in the P3D.cfg if its not set to that already. 1 will give barn-dooring, but they will spin less with head movement. 0 gives more head movement spinning, but you will fly straight through if you look ahead. I hope I've got that the right way round :blush:

Hi, I don't find "CLOUD_FACING_MODE=" on my P3D.cfg file. Was it probably deleted by the AS16 installer?.

Cheers, Ed

Skiff

I noted your mention of the Hi Fi forum. I tried to register but was locked out, and i have no clue what F in FS stands for. Tried Fly Flight searched the internet and found For Sale; but that doesnt work either. I can't figure out why a forum would come up with something like that in order to register. Guess i will stay with this forum. ???

i have no clue what F in FS stands for.

Try 'Flight'

FS = Flight Simulation ;)

Skiff

I noted your mention of the Hi Fi forum. I tried to register but was locked out, and i have no clue what F in FS stands for. Tried Fly Flight searched the internet and found For Sale; but that doesnt work either. I can't figure out why a forum would come up with something like that in order to register. Guess i will stay with this forum. ???

Weird. Got a screenshot?