Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

AS16 seeing clouds shifting (moving out of the way)

As a long time user of ASN, today during my initial runs with AS16 I noticed that sometimes when I fly through clouds they shift left or right, like they moving out of my way as I fly through them. I never experienced this before with ASN with REX. I saw a video on YouTube yesterday and he was displaying the same things. Is there a setting I need to adjust? 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Hard to beileve there is no answer yet. It can clearly be seen in the video and the even make comments about it happening.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

So many questions and so few people to answer them, sorry about that Wise87.  What you are seeing is most likely the "in cloud motion effect."

AS16 Options\Cloud options\Cloud motion effect.

\Robert Hamlich/

I think what you are referring to is the rotating cloud textures. This has always been the case with FSX and P3D. It is to do with the fact that the clouds are basically a 2D textures so they have to always be facing you (ie they have no sides)

Hard to beileve there is no answer yet. It can clearly be seen in the video and the even make comments about it happening.

You may have better luck posting this on HiFi's forum

Jon Skiffington

Try changing the CLOUD_FACING_MODE=1 to 0 in the P3D.cfg if its not set to that already. 1 will give barn-dooring, but they will spin less with head movement. 0 gives more head movement spinning, but you will fly straight through if you look ahead. I hope I've got that the right way round :blush:

Too many people have reported this spinning clouds fro me to deny it exists but in my normal flying with all versions of FSX and P3D I have never seen it. Once someone had me go to spot view and back off quite a bit and pan around - then I saw some movement. But in normal locked spot, and in cockpit - I have never seen it.

Correction - I do recall a few times where the clouds directly in front moved away - but this happens with default weather also.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Try changing the CLOUD_FACING_MODE=1 to 0 in the P3D.cfg if its not set to that already. 1 will give barn-dooring, but they will spin less with head movement. 0 gives more head movement spinning, but you will fly straight through if you look ahead. I hope I've got that the right way round :blush:

Hi, I don't find "CLOUD_FACING_MODE=" on my P3D.cfg file. Was it probably deleted by the AS16 installer?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi, I don't find "CLOUD_FACING_MODE=" on my P3D.cfg file. Was it probably deleted by the AS16 installer?.

Cheers, Ed

The AS16 installer doesn't touch that setting which is found in the [WEATHER] section. The settings are described here:

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/settings/world/weather_settings.html

The AS16 installer doesn't touch that setting which is found in the [WEATHER] section. The settings are described here:

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/settings/world/weather_settings.html

Thanks so much, very useful information!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Skiff

I noted your mention of the Hi Fi forum. I tried to register but was locked out, and i have no clue what F in FS stands for. Tried Fly Flight searched the internet and found For Sale; but that doesnt work either. I can't figure out why a forum would come up with something like that in order to register. Guess i will stay with this forum. ???

i have no clue what F in FS stands for.

Try 'Flight'

FS = Flight Simulation ;)

Did. Doesnt work. I guess they dont want me!!!!

Skiff

I noted your mention of the Hi Fi forum. I tried to register but was locked out, and i have no clue what F in FS stands for. Tried Fly Flight searched the internet and found For Sale; but that doesnt work either. I can't figure out why a forum would come up with something like that in order to register. Guess i will stay with this forum. ???

Weird. Got a screenshot?

Jon Skiffington

No I don't, sorry. Won't waste time on it now. Thanks!