Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

What options and settings do you want in DTG Flight Simulator? (Official Discussion)

So if a developer doesnt appease your personal demands and/or desires for a new sim, you will defame them as much as possible? Wow, they seems quite ridiculous. Seems like more of a threat than a request. 

You may view it however you like; however, please know that my plea is not personal - I simply have an intuition that our community will be at risk unless we take the opportunity to speak. And yes, in defense of this 'community', however disparate and full of disagreement it may be, I will indeed be quite vocal against any threat.

DTG needs to know that community != wallets.  They are in a unique position among developers from my point of view; as caretakers and seeming torch-bearers of the long standing MSFS series, they have a responsibility not to completely erase that which the franchise has previously encouraged and let grow. Especially if they continue to actively 'court' the community for advice - advice to better lure us to what I fear will be a walled garden.

I would love to be wrong about this, that a year from now, anyone can point to this thread and tell me, 'Dude, you were spouting crazy-talk back there', at which point I'll laugh it off and invite them for a beer. :smile:

• Upvote 2

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Anything less, and Dovetail Games will not only not get my support, but I will actively voice my disapproval in every community I am part of (which are many), in every form of media I have available to me, to every person I know (some of whom are surprisingly well known with the larger 'gaming' industry, in both creation and in mainstream gaming media).

Please don't fail us in this regard. Please continue to provide a reason and purpose for freeware libraries such as the ones here at Avsim, at SOH, at OZx, and elsewhere. Please continue to provide a reason for the healthy competition that currently exists between payware aircraft and scenery developers, between open and independent distributors such as Just Flight, FSS, SimMarket, and elsewhere.

I do not feel I'm asking for much. This is the legacy of the Flight Simulator platform, it is what endears it to so many of us, and it is what has made it into the extremely rich and varied entity that it is. My statement is what exists as status quo today for the majority of our simulation platforms that we use on a daily basis.  Dovetail games, if you attempt to pass off anything onto us that is less than what we currently have, you will assuredly create your own failure.

Gee Jimmy,

I don't know if your ultimatum will matter a whole lot to the developers and community when you introduce your objections this way. As far as you threatening them through your connections with a lot of the really important people in the community and industry that you say you can influence by your displeasure is really kind of funny.

You could be surrounded by substantial flight simulation authorities and influential personalities within this very thread and apparently you wouldn't even know it. However I will watch for Bill Gates and if he backs you up will be most impressed! It will turn out to be whatever it will turn out to be.

Anyway have some fun. Its just a hobby, and we are a voluntary type community of the heart, so why not holster your guns. :)

kind regards,

• Upvote 3

It will turn out to be whatever it will turn out to be.

Very true. Very, very true.

I'd holster my guns, but I'm Canadian. We don't have anything that can fit in a holster. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

So if a developer doesnt appease your personal demands and/or desires for a new sim, you will defame them as much as possible? Wow, they seems quite ridiculous. Seems like more of a threat than a request. 

+1.It seems he is giving order to the devs.

I have suggestion for him.Why doesn't he hire a developer for himself. & ask them to make an special simulator for him :Devil:

• Upvote 2

However I will watch for Bill Gates and if he backs you up will be most impressed! It will turn out to be whatever it will turn out to be.

Bill Gates is a flight simulation authority? Well I never knew lol.

Now if Austin Meyers or some person from IXEG, A2A, RealAir or PMDG made an appearance I'd be impressed. 

However, I don't think Jimi is saying he's going to impute on the character of DTG; more that he's going to be vocal in the inevitable debates that erupt on the various forums as to the merits of the latest toy.

On this I quite agree with his stance. We are all vociferous when it comes to any perceived issues with flightsimming.

• Upvote 1

Don't know if have been mentioned but a great video capture in sim like DXstory would be great. :wink:

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

A big thank you to everyone who has taken the time to answer this thread, and tell us about your opinions on this matter.. 

Your answers have been very helpful and have given us a lot to think about. I can't lock the thread (any kind mods out there please?), but please note that we will not be collecting any further responses on this subject at this time. 

Please keep an eye out for more discussion threads about other topics coming very soon. 

- Martin