Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

I'm a pariah now...

Guess I wont be on your Christmas Card list this year eh Novation?

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Leave him alone, he wants to be a pariah too. :wink:

Sue, put your normal avatar on here. It's good to see your cheerful face.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I second Ron's suggestion.  :smile:

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

One point...... If these people behaved in a shop, or office, in the way they do on these company forums they would without doubt be asked (or forced) to leave the building. I've seen the way some of these 'banned' twits behave and push the limits and I would not give them anymore grace than Orbx have. Most bring it upon themselves, and they know it quite frankly. Asvim has very tight boundaries, as do most other forums.... Orbx is not a free for all, its a business!, and if you don't like or understand their terms, then stay away, or simply don't engage outside of support.... keep all this personal pathetic garbage to yourself.

I agree, I found this too: http://bushpounders.proboards.com/thread/1380/unstatisfied-orbx-user

The vitriol expressed in these posts is very unfortunate.  Too bad.  "Bushpounders"--more like "Bush League".

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

if  users  would only read  the rules of  each forums  that they signed into before posting,  would  save lots of  hassles  down the road

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The problem is the rules are arbitrarily applied. Read them, didn't violate them. Criticism just is not allowed. Saying you have a problem, and not being able to fix it, was considered criticism, no matter how polite you attempted to be. Spending $4000, and having to beg for help with a problem doesn't go down well. I used to be proud to say I owned everything OrbX ever produced.

Sue

The vitriol expressed in these posts is very unfortunate.  Too bad.  "Bushpounders"--more like "Bush League".

Yes, its disgraceful

As long as some of you are bringing up what was said on other forums why don't you go to the Orbx forum and look up my "I'm Done" post and tell me exactly what I said that was so awful that it warranted banning me for 30 days.  Not your, or someone else's, interpretation of what I said, but what I actually said in my own words.

I've been asking this question but nobody seems to want to tell me; or doesn't know.  Maybe you have some insight I don't have.

Maybe some of you critics can enlighten me.  Here's your opportunity to really put me down.  As I mentioned before, I was a first sergeant so I can take it.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

edit: written before Noels most recent post:

I always tend to walk on eggshells over there but I do that pretty much everywhere because Ive always been the type to get banned, beaten or put in solitary just for having a personality :) I tend to get very matter of fact when asking for assistance. its easier not to.

The problem with things like the Gadsden flag is that we can't even discuss it without getting political and that breaks forum rules in many cases. I think banning someone just for using it is too much. A warning would have been better.

As for popularity points - I once lost several hundred over the course of a few days and I wasn't even posting anything. I figure that maybe forum cleanup turned me into a less popular person -- like I needed help in that department.

and after Noels post:

Noel - don't know. Im not in charge. but I know you weren't talking to me so...

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

One more thing.  A little over two years ago I got banned for something I said but I clearly deserved it then.  I came on this forum and admitted I was in the wrong and was willing to take my punishment.  Look it up.

Noel 

The problem with things like the Gadsden flag is that we can't even discuss it without getting political and that breaks forum rules in many cases. I think banning someone just for using it is too much. A warning would have been better.

True but all  depends  on the user if  he is a repeat offender  and  keeps at it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

part of the problem for me is that I've never seen anything in Noel's writings that were that offensive. he's like a funny newspaper column that shows up in your flightsim forum. I have the feeling that he and I are on opposite ends of the political spectrum but his words are nothing compared to things I've read from others. Maybe I just don't understand. wouldn't be the first time.

Even Noel agrees that he should have been banned a few times. I just remember all those times I "did wrong" and never could figure it out. Its frustrating.

We are emotional beings and that clouds the issue.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Sue, agree completely. Noel, they kicked me off a couple months ago - an innocuous comment to a post - the originator probably did not get blocked. Frankly I have not missed orbx forum. There is plenty here on avsim!

Lennie