Sign in to follow this  
Nuno Pinto

New 747-8 Product dependencies

Quick question, which i can't seem to find in the forum:

Will the 747-8 depend on the 747-400, much like the 77W and 736/737 depend on their respective main packages, or can it be purchased separately?

Thank you.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The legacy 747-8 is a purely cosmetical add-on to the legacy 747-400 for FSX.

BUT

The 747v3 currently in testing is an all new stand-alone product, with a lot of variants already included. I'd suspect a slightly higher price (which is of course pure speculation, but reasonable). 

I know about the old one, i meant the new version as indicated in the topic.

I'm not really interested in the -400 and i really don't feel like paying 150+ to get a -8, so i was asking.

Will the 747-8 depend on the 747-400

Yes. I believe the 8 will be an expansion package with the 400 being the base package, just what you don't want to see.
  • Upvote 1

But contrarily to the original B747 QOtS and it's "cosmetic" 748i, I hope this new 748i get's it's own systems, including the similar to tripple seven FBW...

I hope this new 748i get's it's own systems

This has already been confirmed in multiple posts.

If it get it's own system why on earth can't they then make it a seperat product, so we don't have to buy the 747-400 base package first. For me it looks like just another way to make more money.

• Upvote 1

If it get it's own system why on earth can't they then make it a seperat product, so we don't have to buy the 747-400 base package first. For me it looks like just another way to make more money.

Because most people will want to have the -400 as well as the -8 anyways. And they don't want to buy two products at full price.

This has already been confirmed in multiple posts.

Oops! Then multiple sorrys for that...

But contrarily to the original B747 QOtS and it's "cosmetic" 748i, I hope this new 748i get's it's own systems, including the similar to tripple seven FBW...

The 747-8 has FBW for most lateral controls (spoilers and outboard ailerons). It doesn't have a full FBW system like the 777. As far as I'm aware there are no protections, it's mainly a weight saving measure.