Sign in to follow this  
Rimshot

Flight1 GNS

Hi fellas,

Have I missed something? Flight1 has GNS units, also for Prepar3D

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1gns

By the look of it they look a lot like the Reality XP units. Is this a new release?

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Hi fellas,

Have I missed something? Flight1 has GNS untis, also for Prepar3D

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1gns

By the look of it they look a lot like the Reality XP units. Is this a new release?

The GTN version from Flight 1 is much, much better for the same price.  I had a 430-530 from Mindstar and finally dumped it in my recycle bin and got the GTN....The GTN has many more features. http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1gtn

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hi Bob,

Frankly I expected someone to mention the GTN units very soon  :wink: Justly so ofcourse, because they are indeed fantastic units. I already own and use them a lot, but I'm also in the market for a good GNS set for Prepar3D. I have the old Simflyer, Friendly Panels and Mindstar GNS solutions, but none of them come close to the quality of Reality XP, that I used very frequently back in my days of FSX.

I came across this Flight1 GNS set on Facebook and frankly I wasn't aware they existed :unknw: Looking at them on the product page they look an awful lot like the Reality XP units. I see roads displayed in the map view and the configuration panel is an exact copy of that of the RXP units. So is this Flight1 GNS also based on the Garmin trainer, just like the GTN units? If that is the case they will beat any other GNS software available for Prepar3D, at least in my book.

Cheers, Bert

Aren't those GNS's the ones from 2012...? Anyway, as Bob said, forget about those, get a GTN. Far better. They are the ones to have in real life so also in sim life. ;)

EDIT

Never mind: you posted while I was typing. ;)

Aren't those GNS's the ones from 2012...?

I have no idea Jeroen. I might drop the question in the Flight1 forums as well. Anyway these units look so much more realistic than the Mindstar set. Like Bob, I'm quite disappointed by these...

Well, the download links on the Flight1 product page link back to the product page, so no purchase to try it out...

Cheers, Bert

Aren't those GNS's the ones from 2012...? Anyway, as Bob said, forget about those, get a GTN. Far better. They are the ones to have in real life so also in sim life. ;)

EDIT

Never mind: you posted while I was typing. ;)

The GTN is so much easier to program than the GNS, it's like in another world. Once you have a GTN, you will never want to go back to a GNS. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The GTN is so much easier to program than the GNS, it's like in another world. Once you have a GTN, you will never want to go back to a GNS. 

Yes definitely! But my simulated P3D world isn't perfect. There are also aircraft that still use GNS units. Therefore I want the most realistic solution for them. And I also like the variety  :smile:

Cheers, Bert

From the product description, look of the setup pictures, update tool and pricing style these GNS's seem to be made by the same guys who brought us the GTN units.

I don't see a download link for the Garmin trainer.

Anyway I'm sticking to the GTN's.

It is out of question that that the GTN units are way superior. But the great thing about flight simulation is that we have such a wide variety of aircrafts and avionics. While the GTN units are perfect for the modern A2A Cessnas, I would love to equip my A2A Cherokee with the GNS 430 and the Comanche with the GNS 530. That would be a much more common equipment for these two old aircrafts than the fancy and very expensive GTN units.

But RealityXP was never an option for me due to the lack of support. Therefore I'm very interested in the upcoming Flight1 GNS units!  

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Now if only I am able to pop up and undock it without loss of FPS in P3D ....

could one of you please confirm in P3D V3.3 that when you pop up any gauges and undock it, that you do not have a severe FPS hit?

I want to see if this is a P3D issue or  my monitor/video driver issue

Thanks

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

It is out of question that that the GTN units are way superior. But the great thing about flight simulation is that we have such a wide variety of aircrafts and avionics. While the GTN units are perfect for the modern A2A Cessnas, I would love to equip my A2A Cherokee with the GNS 430 and the Comanche with the GNS 530. That would be a much more common equipment for these two old aircrafts than the fancy and very expensive GTN units.

But RealityXP was never an option for me due to the lack of support. Therefore I'm very interested in the upcoming Flight1 GNS units!  

Agreed Tim! Besides that, a GNS 430 also suits the A2A 172 very nice. And what about a 530/430 setup in the 182? As I said earlier, I like the variety. Ever since switching to Prepar3D I hoped there would become a GNS set available with Reality XP quality. You refer to this Flight1 GNS as 'upcoming', so I assume this will be a brand new release? Anyway, I'm sold.

Now I hope A2A and others will add compatibility with the Flight1 GNS, which by the look of it will blow the Mindstar units away.

Cheers, Bert

"Product Note: The product does not include keyboard/joystick support for buttons/knobs." Well that's a deal-breaker!

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Agreed Tim! Besides that, a GNS 430 also suits the A2A 172 very nice. And what about a 530/430 setup in the 182? As I said earlier, I like the variety. Ever since switching to Prepar3D I hoped there would become a GNS set available with Reality XP quality. You refer to this Flight1 GNS as 'upcoming', so I assume this will be a brand new release? Anyway, I'm sold.

Now I hope A2A and others will add compatibility with the Flight1 GNS, which by the look of it will blow the Mindstar units away.

I'm pretty certain this Flight1 unit is in fact a Mindstar unit rebranded. 

I'm pretty certain this Flight1 unit is in fact a Mindstar unit rebranded. 

I highly doubt that. It's more than that. You have fiddled with the Mindstar units as well right? Then you know the map view of these units is very limited. No class D airspace and all other airspaces only show below a zoom level of 20 NM. And what about roads? There are none in the Mindstar units, while the Flight1 GNS displays them as the Reality XP units do, therefore as the GNS trainer does. I believe the Flight1 GNS will be to Prepar3D what RXP was to FSX. A highly realistic rendition of the real world units. I have no idea how they have accomplished this, as there seems to be no need to install the GNS trainer...

On a side note, why have you tried the Mindstar GNS as you seem very happy with the GTN units?

Cheers, Bert