Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Las Vegas elevation problems

Las Vegas (KLAS) has big hills around it and it seems to be in a valley.   I have all the addons:  Global, Vector, NA LC, and I use the elevation tool in Central.  I've tried everything including Libraries.  I do have Aerosoft Las Vegas and the McCarran addon as well.  I've tried deleting those and other diagnostic attempts.

Is there a solution to give LAS a correct elevation like it should be?

Thanks for you input.

Stan

Yeah, it's an dumb question, but have you ran the FTX Vector configuration tool yet to see if that corrects it?

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

Check the Orbx web site, there is a fix for it from Orbx.

Cheers, Rob

Yeah, it's an dumb question, but have you ran the FTX Vector configuration tool yet to see if that corrects it?

Yes.

I'm about "fed up" with the Las Vegas elevation problems.  I've tried everything....and I'm not sure I know whatg Rob means by there's a fix for it on the ORBX site.  I've been there a dozen or more times, and I don't see a fix for it.  I have played with the elevation configurator, disabled and re-enabled KLAS, I've purchased McCarran and Megascenery X - Vegas, and nothing I do makes Vegas realistic in terms of elevation

I'm hooked on this airport, because it's perhaps one of my favorites since I fly there frequently on business and spend a lot of time there.

I wonder if I install Ultimate Terrain USA if that will help.  I'll try that today.

Stan

Stan, see Stewart's link to Orbx fix ... thanks Stew.

Cheers, Rob.

You're very welcome, Rob.  The fix has been around since FTX SCA was made available.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Did all that Stewart.  It still has tremendous elevation problems.  I've uninstalled, re-installed, tried Mega Scenery Las Vegas, McCarran addon, played with FX Central, and Vegas still looks nothing like the original.   Pretty much giving up on this until there's a real solution that works for me.

Tend to think that it happened when I downloaded Orbx North America LC.  Before that, Vegas was flat. 

I would like to uninstall NA LC just to see if I'm right on this one.

But HOW?

Stan

Stan,

I've had the same issues as you with major elevation problems at KLAS. For me the issue was present before I installed NA LC and after.

I had tried everything I could to solve it without success.

Then I was recommended to a thread by Holger Sandmann in the ORBX FTX Compatibilty forum. The thread title is 'SCA Compatibility with FSDreamTeam KLAS and is on page No4.

I followed all the steps in his instructions and it cured the elevation issues completely!  

So many thanks to Holger for his detailed instructions.

Hope this will sort it for you also.

Regards

John

Stan,  I'm afraid OpenLC NA probably has nothing to do with your elevation problems at Vegas.  If Holger's compatibility advice doesn't work for you, then it would appear there could be a problem with your installation of either KLAS itself or even FTX SCA.  I don't know what else to tell you frankly.  John's advice above is what I recommend, of course, since it has worked for most everyone who has tried it.

Stew

Finally have KLAS flat again.  Followed Holger Sandmann's excusion thread and the compatibility file he included is what did the trick.  Dream Team's KLAS McCarran is activated but no airport bldgs or terminals appear.  Planes are sitting around Jetways going to no buildings.  I've activated the program through FSADDON but it doesn't seem to take hold.  KLAS Megascenery works well and airport sceneries show up if I uninstall McCarran Software.

I'm satisfied at this point, and I'll figure out the missing buildings some day, I'm sure.

Stan

Stan,  Is the "Product installed and active" as noted in the Addon Manager?  Otherwise try FSDT's website and see if this problem isn't covered in a sticky somewhere.

Stew

Stan,  Is the "Product installed and active" as noted in the Addon Manager?  Otherwise try FSDT's website and see if this problem isn't covered in a sticky somewhere.

Otherwise it is in demo mode and all the buildings disappear after a few minutes  :wink: