Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jaguar XJ6

Getting tired of paying to beta test...

lolthats why i never buy any addons after 1 month of initial release as all the bugs are sorted out.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

...is not life itself a beta test?just a thought :-)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

I should learn my lesson and wait to buy, but I got a great deal for a preorder...Anyway, if life is a beta test, where is the reset button?I use to work as a tester for a software company but I actually got paid to do it. This is getting ridiculous though

Guest bobsk8

Well, as Clayton said above, if you wait a couple of months after a product is released , you will avoid much of the beta testing. You will also find out if the bugs are going to be fixed in a timely fashion. If they aren't, then you will be very glad you waited. People that rush right out and buy something the day it hits the market, really have nobody to blame but themselves, in my opinion.

Well actually for the PSS 777 i did order but im yet to download the product i didnt download the RC1 nor have downloaded the Gold version, i will wait for a month or so and download it,i only preorder it cause it was going at a great price!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I never buy any addon on release day anymore. All you need to do is read the forums here and the company support forums to get a good feel for how the product is at release. A little research and a little patience goes a long way.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

>I never buy any addon on release day anymore. All you need>to do is read the forums here and the company support forums>to get a good feel for how the product is at release. >>A little research and a little patience goes a long way. There are "some" addons, that you can count on being quite complete on day one. Dreamfleet & RealAir Simulations are good examples.And I'm sure there are others, but after many years of simming, and many addons, I'm quite familiar with these.L.Adamson

Actually I'm getting tired of the same people rushing out to buy the product the first day - then complaining it's not complete - over and over.I'm also tired of the same people over and over again not reading the documentation and complaining because the product does not meet the customers design goals vs the developer's design goals.The CS C-130 reverser "issue" is an example of a customer's unknowledgable / reasonable expectation - especially not knowing how FS can make some things possible, some impossible.I would hope everyone is mature enough to know that buying a piece of software on the first day is risky.When you buy the first version - especially downloadable software You deliberately choose to accept the risk of the product not being finished.Too many people willing take that risk and yet complain about the choice the made.Yes I make some of those choices - but I make them knowing the product may not be "gold".The nature of FS and it's worldwide usage, but the impossibility of a physical distribution system - guarantee that developers will be pushed to release their products.I'm also disappointed in many of the beta testing processes - there are companies I trust to do a good job, some I don't.A beta tester should spend about 5-8 hours of work on understanding an aircraft before every loading the aircraft in FS. That's my opinion.I deal a lot with AI - 90% of that beta testing/ review occurs BEFORE the package ever gets into FS.There were over one thousand posts on this forum demanding CS release the C-130 immediatelyThey did - now the same people are unhappy.In my opinion - the customers are demanding public beta releases - and the companies are responding.

"Well actually for the PSS 777 i did order but im yet to download the product i didnt download the RC1 nor have downloaded the Gold version, i will wait for a month or so and download it,"You mean you've bought it but you're not going to touch it for a whole month??Go on - have a little peek. No-one will know. Personally, I'd just have to. :) Ian

Guest wildfire563

Nope, too much trouble. I have enough other things to do.And, yes, I am perfect. :-)Ok, maybe I might take a peek. Then again,

Reg,Nail on the head! Couldn't have said it better myself. Ken

I waited two years to get the 767PIC :-lol. I was stung by a payware company a few years ago. Their product was flawed and buggy as ####. From that day onward I decided to wait at least a week, to see the user feedback.---------------------------------------"If it doesn't have a VC, I won't be flying it http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DarrenA300/smug.gif" ... hang on a minute .... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DarrenA300/unsure.gif ... that is too restrictive! Most flight simulator planes don't have a fully functional VC .... I'm happy to fly non-VC planes such as the brilliant iFDG range, Samdim's fantastic aircraft, POSKY's wonderful planes, and many many others! I'm the richer for it :).

Unfortunately, "time-to-market" appears to have become THE major criterium for a lot of payware suppliers these days.Although I can understand that from a "commercial" point-of-view in this compatitive market, from a "hobby" point-of-view I agree with you; and think this is a bad trend. Being a SW developer (and (freeware) FS-addon developer) myself, it often amazes me what type of of problems are still left in initial releases of some new products. Rob

Most payware I've bought recently has been very thoroughly tested, especially the A36 and B58 from Dreamfleet.I don't mind a few small bugs in the first version especially if it's a complex addon. Such bugs are bound to creep up only after the product is released because then the product is installed on thousands of user's systems instead of just on a couple of beta tester's systems which makes a big difference.However, sometimes bugs show up that really make you wonder if they tested the product at all before releasing it. That is never acceptable IMO. There have indeed been a few examples of this recently, and it may becoming more common. I won't mention any names here, but some flightsim developers really need to improve their QA if they want me to buy anything from them again.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP