Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

FSLabs A320x... an interesting post...

I could probably type a lot more to mention all the details and I bet I haven't noticed them all yet.

Did  the  eng   failure  bird  strike,  just  about  to take  off  and  saw  a  bird  fly past my left  window :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

To be honest. If you are only after the graphics, then stay with the Aerosoft version. Graphically the Aerosoft version is a beauty. Except for the lighting. Investing in the FSL only makes sense if you interested in the much much deeper systems modeling. And it is not just something for people how are tech geeks. The better systems depth with all the proper ECAM warnings, the sounds, the random failures, all that enhances the immersion drastically compared to the Aerosoft one which is mostly a nice looking shell which somehow works similar to an Airbus. In the FSL you can "feel" the interaction of the systems and it feels so much more realistic. Even more then the PMDG planes. Sorry, but I can't really express it any better. You just have to try it...

Do you have the FSLabs? Are you comparing the virtual cockpit of the Aerosoft in P3D to the FSLabs in FSX? 

Did  the  eng   failure  bird  strike,  just  about  to take  off  and  saw  a  bird  fly past my left  window :)

Ha, ha, that`s a nice one, haven`t seen that yet :))

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Do you have the FSLabs? Are you comparing the virtual cockpit of the Aerosoft in P3D to the FSLabs in FSX? 

I have both. Yes, for now I can only compare the FSX virtual cockpit of the FSL to the virtual cockpit of the Aerosoft in P3D (though I have also flown the Aerosoft in FSX, but barely remember how it looks like in FSX). Of course, this is not a completely fair comparison as the same virtual cockpit will look better in P3D than in FSX. However, my post didn't state that I like one or the other virtual cockpit better. They both look very nice. The exterior of the Aerosoft version looks much better in my opinion though. Therefore, if it is only graphics you are looking for (for screenshots or video production) I don't think it is worth spending $100 on the FSL. However, if you really like flying it with all the details it offers, it is definitely worth it as it is a huge step-up from the Aerosoft one.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

For an Aerowinx PSX user, this is certainly "food for my thoughts..." :-)

Can someone make a test regarding asymmetric thrust, with ELACs / SECs / FACs disabled and then failing an engine inflight, from a stable, A/P off, situation ?

Say you're level at FL100, 250 knot IAS, ELACs SECs and FACs out, then turn off #1....

How are yaw induced roll moments implemented under such circumstances?

Thx!

Answered at the FSLabs forum :-)

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/8592-a320x-and-alternate-or-direct-laws/&_fromLogin=1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have both. Yes, for now I can only compare the FSX virtual cockpit of the FSL to the virtual cockpit of the Aerosoft in P3D (though I have also flown the Aerosoft in FSX, but barely remember how it looks like in FSX). Of course, this is not a completely fair comparison as the same virtual cockpit will look better in P3D than in FSX. However, my post didn't state that I like one or the other virtual cockpit better. They both look very nice. The exterior of the Aerosoft version looks much better in my opinion though. Therefore, if it is only graphics you are looking for (for screenshots or video production) I don't think it is worth spending $100 on the FSL. However, if you really like flying it with all the details it offers, it is definitely worth it as it is a huge step-up from the Aerosoft one.

I moved up from the AS bus in FSX to the FSL bus in FSX Steam. The FSL is a step up in graphics also everything you mentioned like systems. What cockpit graphics dod you select to install? At least 2048 and if your computer can handle it, 4096 is the best.The better lighting and shadows of the P3D version is making the AS look better. 

Nothing cartoonish about the FSLabs at all. (using 2048)

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

So how does this thing compare graphics wise to the Aerosoft bus? To me it looks more cartoonish but it's hard to tell from a youtube video. Thoughts?

I have the twice...For me the Aerosoft VC is clearly "plastic" cartoonish and the lights are hemmmmm cough...cough...no comment...

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Wow! Carlo, you just installed FSX while you wait for the p3d version ?  Well, at least they say users will be able to buy the p3d version by the differential cost, which is very fair.

I was just talking to a great friend who simply refuses to get back into the mess of fsx, and will rather wait for the p3d version to be released, although it's certainly going to be more expensive :-/

My FSX install is very stable with lots of add ons an delivers better performance that P3D...

My FSX install is very stable with lots of add ons an delivers better performance that P3D...

Not here. P3D is ten times better. Once the P3D version is out, I will instantly wipe FSX off my harddrive... ;-)

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Not here. P3D is ten times better. Once the P3D version is out, I will instantly wipe FSX off my harddrive... ;-)

Yep.  Can't wait for the P3D version!!!  My FSX install runs ok.  And, I'm happy to be flying this beautiful aircraft rather than waiting who knows how long for the P3D version.  But man, do I miss P3D!!!  I can understand the cost reason for staying w/ FSX.  But there's no other reason IMO not be on P3D.  FSX looks so ugly in comparison.  (Again, of course this is just my opinion and beauty is always in the eye of the beholder).

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

With you on this one  although havnt  got  p3d I  see all the utubes  out  there  and  see  no difference   to what iam seeing  on my pc,  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Amen to that.

• Upvote 1

Just out of curiosity gentlemen, those of you who have installed FSX (Steam or legacy) to be able to run the A320-X until we come out with the P3D version - what are your P3D settings? Similar to FSX? (LOD, scenery ranges, texture ranges, autogen etc). Or are you running them much higher?

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

P3D only allows for 6.5 max LOD and would assume most are using that - I am never lowered that in P3D cfg file - autogen stuff usually just on high as P3D offers more autogen than FSX  I believe 

Rich Sennett