Sign in to follow this  
virtualflying

FSFX "New View" Announcment

Looks pretty slick!  EZCA is good when it works but is now fragile and a pain to install. World cameras dont even work.  Its time for a sleek new interface with the engine overhauled. Look forward to it.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Looks pretty slick!  EZCA is good when it works but is now fragile and a pain to install. World cameras dont even work.  Its time for a sleek new interface with the engine overhauled. Look forward to it.

World cameras do work. In case they don't, all you have to do is following the procedure described in this video.

I concede, however, that Ezdok is not very friendly and straightforward and this may be scaring for some users. Chaseplane appears to have a nice and simple UI and this appears to me at the moment as the only real step forward. Again, I am open to change my mind as soon as they will prove me wrong.

Hmm interesting - I dont seem to have a problem with it on windows 10 but I dont use a lot of the features just the basic bump effects

It works regarding all functions however loading is a different story ;-)

Look in your event viewer for event id 1000 (Faulting application name: EZCA.exe, version: 1.1.8.7, time stamp:)

André

It works regarding all functions however loading is a different story ;-)

Look in your event viewer for event id 1000 (Faulting application name: EZCA.exe, version: 1.1.8.7, time stamp:)

Cant wait to replace this buggy program - will be a breath of fresh air - just way over complicated imo

Rich Sennett

You can do this with FSX/P3D default settings. I have F11 associated to the 360° pan view and yes, it can coexist with Ezdok views.

Really? Could you show me exactly how I can make this work in P3D with EZDOK? In X-plane when I'm in the external plane view, I can just pan 360 degrees on X and Y Axis around my plane by moving my mouse. I would like to be able to do this in P3D with EZDok as well.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Awesome product announcement, well done FSFX. Looking forward to the release :smile:

I have one particular feature request, one that I have 'modded together' in FSX & EZCA at the moment:

The ability to select a runway camera in the sim and just walk freely around the airport.

I have done so as follows:

- Changed the 'Facilities Runway' camera in the camera.cfg to be situated on the surface next to the runway.

[CameraDefinition.009]
Title = Facilities Runway
Guid = {607C4520-CA6F-4135-AE10-8BF28838068F}
Description = This is the description of the runway view.
Origin = Fixed
InstancedBased = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
TargetCategory = Container
Track = None
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 10.0
SmoothZoomTime = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
XyzRate=2
Transition = Yes
ShowLensFlare=True
Category = Runway
CycleHideRadius = 7
ClipMode = Spot
CycleHidden=Yes

- 'Glitched' the EzDok Universal World Camera so it changes the camera category in EZCA to 'world', but not change in the sim:

[CameraDefinition.202]
Title=EZdok universal world camera
Guid={607C4520-CA6F-4135-AE10-8BF288380691}
Description=EZdok universal world camera
Origin=Fixed
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=False
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=False
Track=none
ShowAxis=No
AllowZoom=Yes
InitialZoom=1
SmoothZoomTime=1
ShowWeather=Yes
XyzAdjust=True
Transition=No
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category=Custom
ClipMode=Spot
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
HotKeySelect=5
cyclehidden=Yes
FixedLongitude=37.910548752051
FixedLatitude=55.4228687612085
FixedAltitude=54.9846757716455

- And I can freely move and use all features using the keyboard hotkeys the same as any manually placed world camera.

It would be really great if ChasePlane can include something similar where you can just always move freely in the sim, independent of any camera's attached to the aircraft.  

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Henk de Vries

I think the new cinematographer view in Prepar3D 3.4 does most of these things by default!

Jay

spesimen, on 22 Sept 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

i'm optimistic that having hotkeys would not be a feature they overlooked.

You are right!

They are included and working already

That's great but from a marketing viewpoint I can't believe you haven't highlighted this feature then.

What you show in the 30 minute video looks fantastic for video makers but I'm guessing that all the

the rest of us really want is a reliable camera views / button assignment system and the smoothest

possible transition between those views.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

World cameras do work. In case they don't, all you have to do is following the procedure described in this video.

Thanks . will give it a go, although Im sure I tried this before in p3d.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I concede, however, that Ezdok is not very friendly and straightforward and this may be scaring for some users. Chaseplane appears to have a nice and simple UI and this appears to me at the moment as the only real step forward. Again, I am open to change my mind as soon as they will prove me wrong.

I can tell you that after a million variables installs, doing a ton of work arounds per the forums, and everything I could imagine from youtube videos, I never got World Cameras to work in P3D. The developers were never able to solve this issue for all, although workaround such as that work for some select folks. 

That kind of incompetence is exactly what led me to Chase Plane. If the dev cant even fix a widespread problem like that, my confidence in them as a consumer goes out of the window. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I can tell you that after a million variables installs, doing a ton of work arounds per the forums, and everything I could imagine from youtube videos, I never got World Cameras to work in P3D. The developers were never able to solve this issue for all, although workaround such as that work for some select folks.

That kind of incompetence is exactly what led me to Chase Plane. If the dev cant even fix a widespread problem like that, my confidence in them as a consumer goes out of the window.

Hi Josh, how are you? I hope you're fine.

Yes, I heard the same from other P3D users. I can't confirm nor dismiss, as I do not have P3D. I can only state that Ezdok World cameras work nice in FSX Steam and FSX in general. Except for some crashes from time to time (which is more or less inevitable with all addons using SimConnect, until someone will prove the contrary), I have no big complaints about Ezdok.

Indeed, it seems that ChasePlane is more focused on P3D users. It is not compatible with FSX in fullscreen mode, only in windowed mode. In addition, it is offering no solution yet to a known problem in Ezdok, such as camera bank angle (Z-axis management) with certain aircraft like taildraggers and similar. I specifically asked this question to Keven in another thread and he stated that they may consider this in the future. To be honest, I am not very positive they ever will, as this feature appears to be of little interest for most users. Anyway, I am just a click away from reconsidering my decision if and when ChasePlane will offer anything that I will see as a real step forward.

In general, my appetite for new addons running on the same old 32-bit platforms is currently much much lower than in the past. 2017 will bring us several news, with DTG Flight Simulator, X-Plane 11 and even Lockheed Martin rumoured to bring their P3D v4 on the market, not to mention Aerofly FS2 and its amazing potential. Like it or not, the 32-bit era is coming to an end and no amount of wishful thinking by part of our community is going to stop this process. I see no point in wasting 40 dollars now for a replacement tool like ChasePlane or a similar amount of money for 6GB of 4096 textures to randomly fill up default airports and put a higher load on our VAS. The 32-bit market is clearly saturated. Addons launched today will struggle for a small slice of the same limited VAS pie.

In my view, it is time for our community to reconsider its consensus in the long term and change investments accordingly. However, I am not sure this is going to happen very soon.

Hi,

I read your interesting post and I think it's important to correct some misunderstanding,

Indeed, it seems that ChasePlane is more focused on P3D users. It is not compatible with FSX in fullscreen mode, only in windowed mode. 

Where did you hear that FSX in fullscreen mode wasn't supported? ChasePlane is working in fullscreen mode (but the In Sim View Selector is not yet supported that is why we have added a note in the product page).

In addition, it is offering no solution yet to a known problem in Ezdok, such as camera bank angle (Z-axis management) with certain aircraft like taildraggers and similar.

This is something that we have in our long todo list. We are really interessed in making the best camera software for the community but as for now there's allot of work to do before focusing on this particular issue but still it's something we want to do.

In sim view selector only works in window mode in fsx/fsxse. Whats the reason for  having it.

This is due to a limitation with the 10 year + old sim. We have thought of different hacks to make it work but still we have to prioritize our work first. I'm confident this will be compatible in Full Screen mode.

I hope this answer some questions,

Regards,

• Upvote 1

Hi Michael,
I feel honored for the time you've taken to reply to my concerns.

Where did you hear that FSX in fullscreen mode wasn't supported? ChasePlane is working in fullscreen mode (but the In Sim View Selector is not yet supported that is why we have added a note in the product page).

I read it in your product page:

6teCv6Z.jpg
https://fsfxpackages.com/en/ChasePlane/

Yes, I had supposed that that was the meaning of your note, i.e. the internal command window, which you call "In Sim View Selector". I have no problems to believe that ChasePlane works in FSX also in fullscreen, yet I should switch to windowed mode to call the "In Sim View Selector" and the functions I need during the flight. This is one of the most annoying limitations in Ezdok and I really hope you will make this feature available also for FSX users soon.

This is something that we have in our long todo list. We are really interessed in making the best camera software for the community but as for now there's allot of work to do before focusing on this particular issue but still it's something we want to do.

I understand that you may have different priorities at the moment. Probably only a small number of simmers use those aircraft or feel the need to see this gap filled, while other things have currently top priority (for example, TrackIR). As I said to Keven, I will keep an open eye to this page and your developments. I am completely open to purchase ChasePlane, however, please understand that, as long as those two features will not be implemented, it makes little sense to me to make this step.  Anyway, judging by the number ofs threads and posts on AVSIM, it appears that your addon was a major success.

I wish you the best.