Sign in to follow this  
Chris Bell

Secret Project Unveiling - vEarth (Virtual Earth)

Secret Project Unveiling - vEarth (Virtual Earth)

this project has been in the making for some time now,
initially on paper, than as a proof of concept, and now it is in full on development!

with this project we aim for a new experience when it comes to Photoreal scenery integration!
we are still working and developing in-house functionalities we need to achieve this experience,

starting with color corrected Photoreal imagery! for ALL N.A. collected no earlier than 2015!
as it stands our standards are LOD15! we will include all seasons variations! and Night!
(we may or may not mix High res with lower res imagery in metro area's,
our rational is... there is no point in using high res imagery than covering it with objects that block the imagery anyway)

beside a complete special edition Night Environment style Lighting system (Autogen based with traffic!!!)
what makes this project different than what most already familiar with is...

we detect the data we render directly from the actual imagery we use!!!

Project full Detail and info here

KIMM to KAPF Part-1

KIMM to KAPF Part-2

• Upvote 2

Hi Chris,

This looks interesting. I just want to make sure I understand what I am looking at, are you basically able to vector in trees/objects over Photoreal? Is that the purpose of this? 

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Awesome stuff brother - yes Josh I thinks thats what he is showing

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Thank you Rich  :wub:

are you basically able to vector in trees/objects over Photoreal? Is that the purpose of this?

that is correct Josh :smile:
and much much more, we intend to vector in every object possible, even boats on the water that appear in the imagery,
whatever is not available in data form; we detect directly from the imagery and convert to data we than use for placement,
indeed this is all is happening over a Photoreal layer and controlled via Sim sliders, there's allot more info on our Project page,

these trees (aka vegetation) for example are not only detected from the actual Photoreal imagery we use,

the data is also cross referenced with tree/vegetation Age, Size, and Type DB's!

Project full Detail and info here

• Upvote 1

A promising approach, me thinks. I always loved photoreal but this could be the icing on the cake. Wonder about data volume though. 

• Upvote 1

Hans

Thank you Hans :wub:

this video is my own first test flight; i recorded it as soon as the data was ready for in Sim inspection about three days ago,

it is unfiltered or manipulated in any way, it is my own personal flight recorded raw! (im uploading part two of that flight)

the data in use was filtered for false negative matches only,

i was expecting a much higher hit with all the data unfiltered and Sim sliders at MAX!!!

but i was pleasantly surprised, i was dead locked on 30FPS! and im using a laptop!

this is data using Sim default models, we haven't even added our own there,

ours should perform 30% better than Sim's default model libraries,

all this info is available on the Project page, including my own laptop specs,

Hi Chris, looks amazing, wondering roughly how much storage will be required? Right now I use a 500GB SSD but if it's all of NA then it might be several hundred gigs? Recommendations on a mesh product or just default?

• Upvote 1

Thank you Steve,

surprisingly enough for Florida we are using all default mesh there,

which  should be boring due to the states natively flat terrain, yet its not; even without the building yet!

as for size, id expect a state like FL with all Seasons + Night, with its extended vector data to be somewhere in the 60GB :blush:

(our test area is about a fifth of the state, its 10GB in total atm)

This definitely looks very interesting!! Will have to keep an eye on this.

Also, Chris, any chance I can convince you to never use that font again? :) Maybe it's just me and old age creeping up on me but, man, was this hard to read.

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Thank you Kevin,

which font are you referring too; the one i use on my site?

i thought it actually makes the font with the blue color softer on the eye; maybe its just me?

are you using default font size? (use Ctrl ++ or -- to increase decrease font on any page)

The font you used in your initial post. It's no big deal. Not trying to be rude or anything but to me it is way harder to read than the font you used in this last reply. :)

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

that the font and color combo i usually use with "announcement" posts to distinct from regular posts :smile:

Very nice Chris, you might even tempt me to fly outside the UK with this :P

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png