Sign in to follow this  
AirborneZed

Froogle's first look at the 747v3

Care to share who this person is?

The YouTube channel is Blackbox711

• Upvote 1

Care to share who this person is?  I am always open to watching vids from real world pilots and those who have a lot of experience with simulation. :D

Don't want to put a link here as this is the PMDG forum, but look for Blackbox711 on Youtube. When he flies the bus, you can immediately see that he really knows how to handle that bird. This is so much different to watching an amateur trying to start the engines even though he hasn't started the APU yet...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Don't want to put a link here as this is the PMDG forum, but look for Blackbox711 on Youtube. When he flies the bus, you can immediately see that he really knows how to handle that bird. This is so much different to watching an amateur trying to start the engines even though he hasn't started the APU yet...

Got it, and so where can I find your channel there?

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Got it, and so where can I find your channel there?

I don't have a channel as I'm not one of those amateurs pretending to be knowledgeable...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

A beta tester who provides false information to the public about the product they are testing seems to me to defeat the very purpose of beta testing. I can't see the benefit for either Froogle or PMDG in such an endeavour.

I don't have a channel as I'm not one of those amateurs pretending to be knowledgeable...

When the wise man points at the Moon, the idiot looks at the finger.

Love Froogles review. I might actually get the 744 on day one instead of waiting for the -8 thx to him.

FSX is a video game. Get a grip people.

• Upvote 2

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Ok, but when you mentioned that you knew someone who flew simulators who is also a real world pilot, I was given a channel for a guy who just flies simulators, but isn't a pilot.  I was hoping to get a link to a real world pilot who publishes flight sim videos on Youtube. :)

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Ok, but when you mentioned that you knew someone who flew simulators who is also a real world pilot, I was given a channel for a guy who just flies simulators, but isn't a pilot.  I was hoping to get a link to a real world pilot who publishes flight sim videos on Youtube. :)

Don't know which channel you looked at, but the guy who does the channel I pointed out is a type-rated Airbus A320 pilot (and he is also type-rated on the 737 and 747).

This is so much different to watching an amateur trying to start the engines even though he hasn't started the APU yet...

To be honest Carlo, you may as well have a swipe at everyone of us on the forum, who are all amateurs trying to do many things out of sequence  while trying to learn a new aircraft,  We are all hacks.   Not sure why Froogle is a specific target of your scorn when all he is trying to do is share a first experience.

• Upvote 3

Don't know which channel you looked at, but the guy who does the channel I pointed out is a type-rated Airbus A320 pilot (and he is also type-rated on the 737 and 747).

And that channel would be?  If it's the Blackbox one, then why did I see this in the about page:

Welcome to my channel!

I love playing flight simulators on my PC. Especially the Airbus 320-X from Flightsimlabs.

Of course all the tips and instructions are only intended for use in a PC flight simulator ;-)

If you do enjoy my videos I would highly appreciate it if you leave a thumbs up. Thank you!

I didn't see anything about him being type rated.

EDIT:  Forgot a direct link in case someone wanted to call me a liar.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9fggL9PwEqSyMDrlLubVw/about

But, brother, you have a avatar of Tom Cruise AKA Maverick...ironic, no?

Just teasing from me, "Viper".

;-)

Right, carry on...

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

But, brother, you have a avatar of Tom Cruise AKA Maverick...ironic, no?

Childhood dreams... ;-)

do any of the Beta testers own the FSL a320x?

If so how is the performance of the 747 v3 compared to the a320?

I don't see any difference. I have FSX capped at 30FPS in game. No frame rate limit selected in NIDIA Inspection. The MD-11, NGX, 777, 744 Beta, FSLabs A320 all get between 29.5 and 29.9 FPS.
  • Upvote 1

Dang...I take a few hours to drive home from the day job and run by the store to grab supplies for the All American Feast of Gluttony tomorrow and come back to this. Awesome.

1. I'm not sure where anyone got the impression that the videos posted are tutorials, but if you think that Peter and Aaron's videos are tutorials (or should be of that quality), then you should probably go back, read the titles, descriptions, and actually listen to their commentary. None of our beta testers have published any sort of tutorial. I'd even venture to say that they disclaimed the videos saying that they are simply to show off the product in question. All of them are previews...which many of you have been pretty vocal about wanting...and yet, now that there's some stuff out there, it's not good enough because it should be more tutorial-like...but not tutorial-like unless you're a real crew member of the real plane...right...got it. I was going to put up a video in between all of the things I have to do today, but I'm not entirely sure I want to at the moment...

2. Our Beta Team is made up of simmers, and occasionally a smattering of Tech Team members from other products. This is intentional. The Tech Team is the group of active crew members, maintainers, and so on, who have detailed subject matter knowledge of the aircraft being modeled. They take care of the technical stuff (thus the name), while the Beta Team approaches functionality from a different perspective. Example: I'm a pilot myself, so I'm usually pretty conservative in how I fly, even in the sim. The Beta Team is predominantly simmers who approach simming differently (and a handful are pilots who, unlike me, don't mind abusing things). They manage to find all kinds of oddities because they test differently. They will occasionally do random things that no crew member would ever really think of doing. That's literally why we have them. It is not for their subject matter knowledge. It never has been. Simmers usually being the computer types tend to be the ones who are better at knowing the ins and outs of posting videos and pictures, while our Tech Team members are usually off flying. As such, the videos usually come from the Beta Team, and since the Beta Team is mostly simmers, you usually don't get the same level of stuff that you'd get from a pilot who currently flies the thing.

All the same, I think it's worth a reminder that they're doing you a favor by sharing with you the things that they are not obligated to share with you.
    If you don't like it, that's fine... get over it  :smile: 

3. I love that the work we're doing on the 744 has people so impassioned, and I'm glad people are passionate enough about simming to have strong opinions. All the same, the vitriol does get a little intense. If you don't like a content creator, that's fine. Do keep everything in perspective though: you're getting a glimpse of something you otherwise would not; and none of what you're seeing is meant to be a step-by-step guide for you. Sitting here and picking at people for inaccuracies when they're not striving for accuracy tells me a lot more about the sniper than it does the poor dolt on the flight deck.
  • Upvote 6

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry for spoiling the party as everybody around here seems to be a big Froogle fan, but I actually didn't like the video at all. I think he has a serious lack of knowledge on the 747 (and other aircraft for that matter) and I would prefer videos from someone who actually knows the aircraft. Ideally, a real world 747 pilot. Looking at (average) simmers trying to explain how an airplane works they never flew themselves is of limited entertainment to me. On the other hand watching someone fly a sim add-on who actually flies the real deal is incredibly informative (like one guy on Youtube who does videos on the A320-X). But of course this is only my very personal opinion...

Can we stop the Froogle bashing please?   I think that many of the critics here know very little of his contribution to the FS community.   That and I think you have lost the whole idea of what the video was about. Watch it again and have a look at what he is ACTUALLY trying to show you and not what your idea is what he really SHOULD be showing you.

Now if the Froogle bashing is done, let's get the tread back on track please...

Regards

I was going to put up a video in between all of the things I have to do today, but I'm not entirely sure I want to at the moment...

Thanks guys, treat the beta testers like this and that is the type of response you will get because nobody likes doing things that are a privilege to us (they don't have to do it, they do it between everything else, because to them it is what it is to us - a hobby) and then find yourself in a position where the floor is being mopped with you. 

Really guys if you want to troll, go and do it someplace else.

• Upvote 2