Sign in to follow this  
Doug Pelton

'Master Caution' alarm at FL340

737-800 NG    

KIAD - KMSY:  Yellow flashing alarm started at @ FL340...beeep...beeeep...Alarm usually comes on after reaching Cruz, I think.

FMC loads, flaps, etc okay at take off. MCP functional.

Unable to locate any red flashing alerts on Main panel or upper panels.

Thanks for input.

Doug Pelton

Im not a pro, pilot, or an expert on this, but whats the FO Caution panel say? i wonder if its Air Cond... if so you need to check the cruise alt on the overhead. Depending on how i set up, (with FS2Crew) sometimes it doesnt get set, and the plane thinks the cabin should be waaaay lower than i would want it to be.

​Good luck.

​Hope im barking up the right tree for you!!

​Liam Reynolds

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

Did you set the cruise altitude in the pressurization and a/c panel? If not that alarm is for cabin pressurization.

Will double check..thanks!

Im not a pro, pilot, or an expert on this, but whats the FO Caution panel say? i wonder if its Air Cond... if so you need to check the cruise alt on the overhead. Depending on how i set up, (with FS2Crew) sometimes it doesnt get set, and the plane thinks the cabin should be waaaay lower than i would want it to be.

​Good luck.

​Liam Reynolds

Liam, thanks. The FO side wasn't showing any alarms. WIll check other suggested. 

Hey Doug,

By any chance do you have the crew alertness monitor enabled? Sounds like it could be that. If you press any button in the flight deck it will reset. You can also disable this function in the FMC options.

• Upvote 1

Hey Doug,

By any chance do you have the crew alertness monitor enabled? Sounds like it could be that. If you press any button in the flight deck it will reset. You can also disable this function in the FMC options.

Darren...will look at this as well. Thx

Hey Doug,

AFAIK, there is no CAM in the NG.  Just the 777.

​Good luck.

​Liam Reynolds

Overhead Altitude display showing only dashed in both displays. Can't enter.

So most probably both CPC have gone nuts somehow, therefore you get the cabin alt warning horn.

You need to switch on manual and try to set th cabin pressure by your self or try to switch back to auto. 

Sven Wendel

So most probably both CPC have gone nuts somehow, therefore you get the cabin alt warning horn.

You need to switch on manual and try to set th cabin pressure by your self or try to switch back to auto.

I tried both manual ...auto.. Can't input altitude. At Fl340 right now. Turned off the aural alarm from the overhead.

Hello, can you post a screenshot of the overhead panel with a close view on the pressurization panel?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hello, can you post a screenshot of the overhead panel with a close view on the pressurization panel?

I'll do that tomorrow!  Doug Pelton

I'll do that tomorrow!  Doug Pelton

Couldn't replicate problem in the air. Started from C&D ...seems the alarm comes on after the APU is on ...engines running....but I forgot to switch on the APU generators. That changed the dashes to numbers in the overhead!  Doug Pelton

Overhead Altitude display showing only dashed in both displays. Can't enter.

Then you probably forgot to set your cruise altitude in there while still on ground.