Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

Did anyone had any issue  on xEnviro  with SoundMaxx  + Flywithlua ( i am using only gForceSimulation script)  enabled ?

really liked SMP + RWC + FSGRW but with xEnviro first time i feel that Sky is Alive

thanks

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Just like the late and great John Pinette said in his funny, Say Nay-Nay Stand up routine;  "I don't drink Taquila , anymore...for Taquila makes me wanna Ski!"

I shouldn't read these kinds of threads, for these kinds of threads makes me wanna spend money....

Just uninstalled SMP 4. in both 10 and 11, and just finished installing XEviro v1.05 into both.

Going to fire up both sim versions and see what all the hub-bub is about...

Cheers,

Yeah...I shouldn't drink Taquila either...probably makes me wanna spend money on flight simming....

Folks, when you type in your serial number to activate, make sure that the letter 'o' is not actually a numerical 'zero'.   If not, you might not get an activation. That was my mistake.

Just like the late and great John Pinette said in his funny, Say Nay-Nay Stand up routine;  "I don't drink Taquila , anymore...for Taquila makes me wanna Ski!"

I shouldn't read these kinds of threads, for these kinds of threads makes me wanna spend money....

Just uninstalled SMP 4. in both 10 and 11, and just finished installing XEviro v1.05 into both.

Going to fire up both sim versions and see what all the hub-bub is about...

Cheers,

Yeah...I shouldn't drink Taquila either...probably makes me wanna spend money on flight simming....

OK...not good.   Within the sim, with my email address and serial number,  XEnviro will NOT activate. The activate button goes green, and nothing unlocks...

Apparently a common problem..this is the advice they give:

Try to delete these files:

Resources\plugins\xEnviro\data\acft.dat

Resources\plugins\xEnviro\data\city.dat

Resources\plugins\xEnviro\data\wxregions.dat

If this not helps, uninstall plugin, manually remove xEnviro folder from Plugins(if they will be still presented) and delete xEnviro.prf file from X-plane\Output\preferences folder. Then install a new version and activate it again.

Apparently a common problem..this is the advice they give:

Try to delete these files:

Resources\plugins\xEnviro\data\acft.dat

Resources\plugins\xEnviro\data\city.dat

Resources\plugins\xEnviro\data\wxregions.dat

If this not helps, uninstall plugin, manually remove xEnviro folder from Plugins(if they will be still presented) and delete xEnviro.prf file from X-plane\Output\preferences folder. Then install a new version and activate it again.

Thanks for the post.   I just came back to delete that post edit.  The problem was that I had to put in a 'o' instead of a '0(zero)'   After I replaced the zero with the letter 'o' in the serial number, it activated. Thanks again for the help.  If this happens to you, replace a zero with the letter o...or vice versa...and you should be fine.

Turned on XEviro, but when it is activated, I get a flickering  effect upon the scenery and mountains. Turn it off...and this goes away! (Remedy)....you need to disable your LUA scripts.  I had one script that gave custom sky colors, and it was conflicting with XEviro.  It is running fine, now...  Going to take my first flight... :)

To other XEnviro users,

About NOAA.....you only have to RTFM!~    I just did...lol.

Dang...I like the clouds graphics much better than SMP 4.!   

Looks really good...and so much different.  I guess you could have both programs, for (as Tony needs)  historical weather...etc.

Bye...:)

Just to confirm before I buy...

In XP11 I get a big hit in overcast codition. Does X-enviro minimize this hit or is it the same? Thank you.

Ok...I see what all the 'hub-bub- was about. This weather engine, rocks!  Looks fabulous...and is Ventura Sky, all in one.

Yep...as everybody as said...once you own it...set it up...and run it...it is worth the money spent.  Yeah..it's as much as the sim, but...it does quite a bit, graphically.

Back to my first flight....and again...no regrets now in the purchase.

Cheers,

In XP11 I get a big hit in overcast codition. Does X-enviro minimize this hit or is it the same? Thank you.

It's nowhere near as bad as the default overcast. There is a small framerate hit as expected but easily flyable for me.

I agree with everybody...this product gives the most real-world apperance within the XP franchise, yet.

I have no problem with 2D clouds...and they look GREAT!   Very real looking in fact.

With the XEnviro weather engine working, and all the features at Optimum, not one FPS has taken a hit.  This pic is over Sarasota, Florida in XP11

Cessna_172_SP_2.png

• Upvote 1

The most realistic atmospherics to date...

I always thought how good FS9 looked in the sky department...and it now does as much, in XP10 and 11.  I have cloud and scud to the actual horizon...with ground views here and there.   This is frankly the best that I have ever seen in the XP franchise.   You no longer have the clouds surround you like a glove, no matter how far out you have the distance from, settings.

Some said that this was best for 'on top, view down' operations, and not good for VFR. I totally disagree with this.  I have flown at 3,500 feet, and am now as you can see, above the base layer, and climbing to FL230, toward's Myrtle Beach, from KFNT.  I found that XEviro looks good, whether you are in VFR, or IFR op's.  

Yeah, it's a pretty steep asking price, but once you get past the pain....the payback is fast and swift...

Let's see where the dev's takes this....and I only see it now, as 'up, up, and away!'.....

Myrtle, here we come....

Eclipse_37.png

Eclipse_38.png

Eclipse_39.png

Eclipse_40.png

Eclipse_41.png
  • Upvote 3

Guest Mik75

The most realistic atmospherics to date...

I always thought how good FS9 looked in the sky department...and it now does as much, in XP10 and 11.  I have cloud and scud to the actual horizon...with ground views here and there.   This is frankly the best that I have ever seen in the XP franchise.   You no longer have the clouds surround you like a glove, no matter how far out you have the distance from, settings.

Some said that this was best for 'on top, view down' operations, and not good for VFR. I totally disagree with this.  I have flown at 3,500 feet, and am now as you can see, above the base layer, and climbing to FL230, toward's Myrtle Beach, from KFNT.  I found that XEviro looks good, whether you are in VFR, or IFR op's.  

Yeah, it's a pretty steep asking price, but once you get past the pain....the payback is fast and swift...

Let's see where the dev's takes this....and I only see it now, as 'up, up, and away!'.....

Myrtle, here we come....

Eclipse_37.png

Eclipse_38.png

Eclipse_39.png

Eclipse_40.png

Eclipse_41.png

Amen! ;-)

And very nice pics!

But be aware, it has a lot of addictive potential!

I like it a bit more with every flight, because no two flights are the same, and the weather is always different, always surprising, always beautiful!

I have NEVER seen XP anything....look like my flight from Michigan to South Carolina, this morning!

Wow....

Sky colors are incredible...and change up in weather is smoooooooooooth.  

I am hooked right through the cheek...

FL230, and it looks real to me.....wow....

I have no other 'weather, or sky color/texture' influence in play here.   All is being done by XEnviro.  No LUA anything...the dev's have done one h*ll of a job....

BTW, this is XP 10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eclipse_46.png

Eclipse_41.png[/url]

Eclipse_42.png[/url]

Eclipse_43.png[/url]

Eclipse_44.png[/url]

Eclipse_45.png
  • Upvote 2

767_300ER_4.jpg

767_300ER_13.jpg

https://postimg.org/image/e9j6vgx5n/

https://postimg.org/image/t6rnwhae3/

xEnviro has potentials..... first time X-plane Sky is alive

• Upvote 6

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Some real sky drama in that second pic!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)