Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

That's some sexy smooth blending 

1c8uvj.jpg

Very bad performance here with XE 1.05 and Beta 3. Anyone confirming? So far, XE 1.0 with Beta 1 is still winning each scenario.

This is my struggle ha... one looks great, and then you get it performs like crap the better it looks.  I was a customer when it performed great, but .04 and now .05 have more and more reports of worse performance... what the heck will happen when it reaches .1????

Very bad performance here with XE 1.05 and Beta 3. Anyone confirming? So far, XE 1.0 with Beta 1 is still winning each scenario.

I think it might not be XE 1.05, but in fact combined with B3

I am running SMP 4 and have lost FPS performance in having gone from B1-B2-and now B3.  I think it is the sim that is dragging down your XE performance at this time.

• Upvote 3

I've always have been a jaded XP hater having tried several versions.  11 seems like it deserves a look.  Enviro looks like a must have.

Cheers

jja

• Upvote 2

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

It's a strange development at the moment. Some just wait, don't touch their aircraft because the next change of XP could break it again. Others rush for improvements, e.g. the weather engines, and by doing so they seem to get a bit careless. On the other hand, we can't blame them because we are the ones who whine each time they don't update quickly. I have full folders of 11-pb1, pb2 and pb3 and all XE versions but it's actually a lot of work to play with all combinations. 

I think it might not be XE 1.05, but in fact combined with B3

I'll be on turkey during the holidays because my uber cool company laptop can't even run any sim on lowest settings. But in the new year I guess I'll fire up XP beta 1 with XE 1.0 and then just wait "patiently".  :nea:

Hans

I like what I am seeing here, it's a bit pricey but I think it looks like it's worth the cost. The blending looks perfect now, and these guys work quick too.

I'm liking what I see, too!   I might have to spring for this as well....sort of 'Merry Xmas, Ses'...that sort of thing... :hi:

I picked up the SMP 4 update, and while it is very good, I will admit, there is only, truly one type of cloud structure, that you would see in any prior version.  I do prefer Volumetric, but, have no problem with 2D cloud art.  I run FS9, and love what I see there.  I, like everybody else, want to see varied cloud structure, and Sun Dog/ FKane, needs to see what he can do, regarding that.

So...with that being said...I might join the XEnviro bandwagon myself.   

• Upvote 3

Guest Mik75

That's some sexy smooth blending 

1c8uvj.jpg

OMG!!!

That's absolutely amazing!!!

Hi,

I have one question : does the IXEG WX radar work with xenviro ?

Thanks,

Pierre

I would like to know too...

I own x-enviro and have it installed in x-plane 10 and love it. i have the coupon code for sky maxx 4, i was considering using skymaxx with 11 for now with the default weather.none of the meter data is right in the x-plane 11 menu, thats the only thing i i don't like about x-enviro

1.05 fine here and looks great - be careful as your updated you XP right - you never know if something went south I moved anything I thought might be an issue and put it back after updating - just a thought Hans - got you thinking now lol

That said I didnt see much of anything being updated install wise unless its all hidden

Rich Sennett

Omg that xenviro looks more amazing with each release. Please add historical and the ability to set our own custom weather and I'm in! Goodbye SMP, hello xEnviro!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Omg that xenviro looks more amazing with each release. Please add historical and the ability to set our own custom weather and I'm in! Goodbye SMP, hello xEnviro!

I upgraded to SMP 4, but the pics of the different and mixed cloud entities, are killing me...

I think that I am in, too...but a little sooner than you, I guess! :)

• Upvote 1

So I've been watching this thread as well as the SMP v4 thread, comparing notes about performance and visuals.  X-Enviro seems like it pulled ahead in the race, but I see that folks are having issues with it in the latest beta (which I have yet to download).  I am curious, has anyone used X-Enviro with XP10 yet?

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Guest Mik75

So I've been watching this thread as well as the SMP v4 thread, comparing notes about performance and visuals.  X-Enviro seems like it pulled ahead in the race, but I see that folks are having issues with it in the latest beta (which I have yet to download).  I am curious, has anyone used X-Enviro with XP10 yet?

Sure, XP10 is still my main sim, and xEnviro creates extremely immersive weather (with good performance) in it. You might want to have a look at my screenshots threads, it's all XP10 there!

I'm also using xEnviro in XP10. But I'm still on v1.04. I love it.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT