Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

made a test flight from LSGG - EKCH, ultra stable and smooth 30 fps ( Half Adaptive Nvidia mode) with high rendering settings.

noticed some extra work on cpu ( i7 3930k 4.7 Mhz ) compared with SMP/RWC etc.

ultra satisfied....almost got dizzy during take off from LSGG airport with strong  crosswinds and turbulence !

this is the magic of xEnviro  i guess,  that you could have the feeling of  the Sky & weather  not just eye candy and visual pleasure

and i am sure 100% this is just the beginning... i could see some weak points but i am sure this team will make magic later.

767_300_ER_13.jpg

767_300_ER_14.jpg

Car_B1900D_8.jpg

Car_B1900_D_18.jpg

Car_B1900_D_16.jpg

• Upvote 11

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

This looks better than anything I've seen with ActiveSky or any other weather add-on in any sim.

xEnviro completely changes X-Plane.

Just buy it.

• Upvote 5

it's cloudy here in Phoenix, (has beeen raining since early morning) I loaded x-plane 11 with xenviro and I get almost no clouds, can someone please verify that? maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

it's cloudy here in Phoenix, (has beeen raining since early morning) I loaded x-plane 11 with xenviro and I get almost no clouds, can someone please verify that? maybe I'm doing something wrong.

May have to wait a bit longer than you want I've seen this behavior at times 

Rich Sennett

as i had SMP 2,3 and 4 with RCW and want to be fair, attached some images which shows that both Plugins ( xEnviro /SMP) are great with + and -

but right now i am more to xEnviro , because as i said : the Sky & the Weather is Alive and everything in 1 product

all images are from X-plane 10

767_300ER_20.jpg

767_300ER_21.jpg

767_300ER_26.jpg

a330_5_(8).jpg

a330_4_(5).jpg

767PW_300ER_4_(2).jpg

767_300_ER_27.jpg

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Just speaking from an observer's perspective, XEnviro looks much, much more realistic than SMP4 to my eyes.

• Upvote 8

that why i was asking if its ok if skymaxx+rwc+noaa can be left installed but disabled via plugin. Then i would be willing to try now because i simply could activate each version depending on weather. if i totally need to uninstall then i would wait until historical weather is implemented.

i fly ga and i fly fseconomy so switching airports is not really an option for me

To be honest, xEnviro is not for GA flying...Its good for IFR flying..

Definitely prefer Xenviro. Although I do like the look of the SMP clouds when I fly through them a bit better they look too much like a bunch of cotton balls floating in the sky the rest of the time. There is far more variation in cloud and colours in Xenviro. And they are working hard and fast in continuing to improve it even more.

• Upvote 2

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

Okay... I'm in. Aside from no cirrus clouds (knew that), I was a bit bummed to have completely black skies at night with no moon or stars - is this 'normal' or just me?. So, I'll be turning off XEnviro at night until this gets addressed.

Otherwise, I'm pretty impressed with the appearance and performance.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Okay... I'm in. Aside from no cirrus clouds (knew that), I was a bit bummed to have completely black skies at night with no moon or stars - is this 'normal' or just me?. So, I'll be turning off XEnviro at night until this gets addressed.

Otherwise, I'm pretty impressed with the appearance and performance.

No moon no stars sky banding is a Laminar issue not a lot xenviro - they cant do a proper job until its been addressed by Laminar

It on their road map list of things to do

Rich Sennett

No moon no stars sky banding is a Laminar issue not a lot xenviro - they cant do a proper job until its been addressed by Laminar

Is that a XP11 specific issue?

Really? I have moon and stars.. until I enable Xenviro, then it's black. Turn off enviro and they come right back.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

This is what I've been reading at .org - what scares me as I checked out bunch of xp videos and see this banding a lot not an xp10 user but looks like this has been an ongoing issue in xp - thats not good and not sure why this would be an issue in a flight sim to begin with - demo or not - wouldnt this be a basic feature that should not be present

If I have the graphics settings to hdr, I only see a big, grey banded area in the sky. Without hdr (the setting below it) I can see the moon inside the area, and with less banding.
Another issue with the moon is that it is at the wrong place and in the wrong phase

it's a placeholder to help you see your aircraft from external view until they put a real moon and stars in

Rich Sennett