Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

Duh!! Just turned off Post Processing and have got a whole new Sim!!!

Could you please elaborate on that remark. I don't know what you're talking about but I'm most intrigued!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I'm kind curious, low texture issue aside, what could be the characteristics that makes XEnviro on pair or better of AS16 + ASCA ?

IMO, and I have to state I have been a beta tester for HiFiTech for quite a long time, as well as a meteo man IRL, there are still some important differences:

- convective clouds and there effects - I believe xEnviro still lacks the right shapes for this sort of systems, and the effects are bound to the limitations within X-Plane's own weather engine, for instance in as far as "vertical" components go, turbulence is modelled and wind shear and variability too, although NOAA plugin softens it, and apparently so does xEnviro;

- Nimbus, and other warm front / sector type phenomena;

- Turbulence due to terrain, and mechanically developed convective clouds. X-Plane has some sort of simplistic model for terrain effects and interaction with winds, much better than default FSX / P3D, but ASN and AS16 do it better...

- For the time being, historical weather, and also the possibility of setting your own weather scenarios are yet additional deatures not available in xEnviro;

I also am aware that ( although a business secret... ) HifiTech  uses different source of weather data to build their own models. xEnviro does that too as I was informed at the .ORG by it's dev team, but I do not own it, so, I can only compare ASN and AS16 to RW weather scenarios, and I always find an extreme detail, specially in frontal systems, fog / have layer correct placement in the vicinity of areas where these are reported etc...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

J.L.Seagull, on 23 Dec 2016 - 9:07 PM, said:
Duh!! Just turned off Post Processing and have got a whole new Sim!!!

Could you please elaborate on that remark. I don't know what you're talking about but I'm most intrigued!

Unchecking Post Processing in xEnviro makes everything look better.  Leaving it checked gives a gray, hazy look both inside the cockpit and outside.  I wonder what it is supposed to do though?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Unchecking Post Processing in xEnviro makes everything look better.  Leaving it checked gives a gray, hazy look both inside the cockpit and outside.  I wonder what it is supposed to do though?

I think that the haze seems more pronounced because it brightens the sim in general.

I just did a Post Processing box check, on and off. What got with it off, is less definition, clouds get less definition, color variance, and more to the dark/grey, at least in XP11, and on my rig and settings. 

Here I'm. Got my copy yesterday and got blessed by a stormy weather in TNCM absolutely amazing, not sure the rain effects were due to XE or updated version of CRJ200, but getting through those 4000 feet of clouds into the light and staring at different formations on the horizon...a good 68 euro investment for sure.

Still getting through the settings but regarding post processing I noticed repetitive changes of light on the ground when set to ON.

Guest Mik75

Here I'm. Got my copy yesterday and got blessed by a stormy weather in TNCM absolutely amazing, not sure the rain effects were due to XE or updated version of CRJ200, but getting through those 4000 feet of clouds into the light and staring at different formations on the horizon...a good 68 euro investment for sure.

Still getting through the settings but regarding post processing I noticed repetitive changes of light on the ground when set to ON.

Amen! ;-)

I have post processing set to off as well.

No bueno, xenviro is not getting the right weather for KPHX, it's raining here and according to xenviro is blue ski with a some clouds. Xplane has been running for about 30 mins now.  

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

No bueno, xenviro is not getting the right weather for KPHX, it's raining here and according to xenviro is blue ski with a some clouds. Xplane has been running for about 30 mins now.  

did a kphx to ksfo today w xenviro on. no wind and clear as can be. I thought maybe phx is perfect, but nope. I rebooted my system and loaded xplane back up and the correct weather showed up. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

God damn you guys....if it keeps going like this, i'll be forced to buy it!

turn 0ff your computer and just walk away, save yourself :lol:

did a kphx to ksfo today w xenviro on. no wind and clear as can be. I thought maybe phx is perfect, but nope. I rebooted my system and loaded xplane back up and the correct weather showed up. 

The weather improved after a little while, but still no rain when it was  pouring here in Phoenix and I know that it's going to get better so  let's just fly.

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

I think he means the post processing option in the envirox settings.

Turning it off gets rid of the 'blue' tint that seems to invade the cockpit as well.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I think he means the post processing option in the envirox settings.

Turning it off gets rid of the 'blue' tint that seems to invade the cockpit as well.

Stu

Got it in one Stu! I thought that someone was burning toast in the galley!! :BigGrin:

is there a way to make the white less drastic around noon ? i know its realistic when the sun is smashing down at that time, but its just a giant blob of white that is abit hard on the eyes ;) cloud brightness doesnt really help.

other than that i can see the charme of it. 34k cruising it really does shine ^^