Sign in to follow this  

[XP11] GA plane advice

And when we make a true XP11 version, this will be a free upgrade.

Great!

How about the Arrow...?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

How about the Arrow...?

We have not yet decided how we will do this with our older aircraft, but I think this is not the place to discuss this (better refer to our poll here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/108630-vflyteair-news-and-poll-october-2016/)

This said, I feel there's way too much focus on vFlyteAir in this thread here now. It was about GA plane advices, not for advertisment or support for one particular developer (but that was probably my fault, sorry).

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

We have not yet decided how we will do this with our older aircraft, but I think this is not the place to discuss this (better refer to our poll here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/108630-vflyteair-news-and-poll-october-2016/)

This said, I feel there's way too much focus on vFlyteAir in this thread here now. It was about GA plane advices, not for advertisment or support for one particular developer (but that was probably my fault, sorry).

It's not your fault because I'm the one that brought up the Arrow. Plus, I wanted you to chime in since you're always friendly and helpful. Keep up the great work!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

It's not your fault because I'm the one that brought up the Arrow. Plus, I wanted you to chime in since you're always friendly and helpful. Keep up the great work!

Indeed! And Jim brought up the Cherokee. Shame on you, Jim. ;) Besides, if you don't want too much focus you shouldn't create such nice planes LOL ;) I started this topic and the focus on vFlyteAir is perfectly fine with me. There aren't that many quality GA creators for XP anyway and certainly not many that create Pipers AND participate in forums like you do, which I BTW like a lot so... feel free to say whatever you want say!

This said, I feel there's way too much focus on vFlyteAir in this thread here now. It was about GA plane advices, not for advertisment or support for one particular developer (but that was probably my fault, sorry).

Heh, sorry for bumping up a three day old post, but the only fault of yours here is having a hand in creating great aircraft.

I just popped back into this thread to say the newly released v3 Grumman Traveler by vFlyteAir is really well done - marvelous immersion and attention to detail. I had a short window to fly in last night, and had bought both the Traveler and the new Cherokee 140. Well... The Traveler was a smaller download, so it got installed first. And then I got so wrapped up in flying the Traveler, that I completely forgot about trying the Cherokee. :smile:

Anyway, nice job, and easily another small GA to recommend!

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Heh, sorry for bumping up a three day old post, but the only fault of yours here is having a hand in creating great aircraft.

I just popped back into this thread to say the newly released v3 Grumman Traveler by vFlyteAir is really well done - marvelous immersion and attention to detail. I had a short window to fly in last night, and had bought both the Traveler and the new Cherokee 140. Well... The Traveler was a smaller download, so it got installed first. And then I got so wrapped up in flying the Traveler, that I completely forgot about trying the Cherokee. :smile:

Oh wow, the Traveler was updated?  I'll have to check it out, I bought it way back at initial release (loved it then!) and then got sucked into P3D until the last couple weeks.

Needless to say, I have a soft spot for the Traveler as it's what I own (a '73) in real life :smile: 

Before buying my first 'real' plane I decided to get the VSkyLabs trike package... Oh boy... WHAT FUN! I spend all evening up to now flying the S-3 very low over several of the detailed default XP11 airports at various times of day (love those L and K keys) and what a blast it is!!! Seeing all that incredibly sharp detail... amazing!!! If you don't have those trikes yet, you should really get them: they are absolutely perfect for checking out new airports! You get a great view, a nice low speed, you can really see everything there is to see on an airport (which you hardly ever see with regular planes and flights)! Highly adviced! And it only costs a few bucks! (They work fine in XP11 even though the final XP11 update has yet to come, which will be free.) I can keep on doing this for hours!

http://www.vskylabs.com/2016/01/vskylabs-powered-hang-glider-project.html

Thank you! But let me know what you think of the C140 "G". Or wait some hours, we will probably soon release some kind of free "patch" which adds fuselage reflections to the C140.

I can keep on doing this for hours!

That's true, VSKYLABS glider's are really a joy to use.

Ooohhhh... the Traveler was updated? +1

I have to get it, then.

And regarding the VSKYLABS trike (and the like) is indeed fun. A lot of fun. Flying free like a bird, feeling the wind in your face... I should install a fan on my desk when flying these, for even more immersion :D.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Ooohhhh... the Traveler was updated?

Yep :) Now all vFlyteAir aircraft are on XP 10.51 standard. *phew* Finally we can go on. :BigGrin:

Thank you! But let me know what you think of the C140 "G". Or wait some hours, we will probably soon release some kind of free "patch" which adds fuselage reflections to the C140.

That's true, VSKYLABS glider's are really a joy to use.

They are indeed! But I bought them because I couldn't decide which 'real' plane to buy... and that new C140 G only made things more difficult LOL Can't decide between the Arrow (which I like more as a plane: faster, prop, gears) or one (and which?) of the C140's (which I like more because they have been created more recently and are simulated more advanced maybe and seem to look better (textures)). Sigh...

Any chance on the G version being added to a package? You might add the Arrow too for an ultimate Piper Package LOL! ;)

which I like more because they have been created more recently and are simulated more advanced maybe and seem to look better

Regarding modelling and programming, all of our models are on the same level. After we did the Cherokee 140 (original version and classic version), we updated the Arrow (and the other aircraft) to have the same basic features (such as custom engine start logic, sound engine, scroll wheel support). Textures have always been the same quality anyway in all aircraft.

So it's really a matter of taste. If you like the Arrow, get the Arrow :) If you like to do me personally a favor, get the Cherokee 140 "G" (just joking ;-) ).

Yep :) Now all vFlyteAir aircraft are on XP 10.51 standard. *phew* Finally we can go on. :BigGrin:

Right, next job; get that Arrow to XP11 so I can throw some money at you:)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Can't decide between the Arrow (which I like more as a plane: faster, prop, gears) or one (and which?) of the C140's (which I like more because they have been created more recently and are simulated more advanced maybe and seem to look better (textures)). Sigh...

Oh the answer to that one becomes easy. Buy them all! Or at least, buy one of the Cherokees and the Arrow as well. Or just buy them all! lol :smile:

I laugh about it, but when I reflect on how little I spend on X-Plane, compared to what I used to spend regularly for FSX/P3D (and still not be able to afford everything on my wishlist at any given time), it's actually not that far of a stretch.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

get that Arrow to XP11

Thanks :) However, creating real XP11 versions will take at least several months, and we won't do that until XP 11 is out of beta. That is more than just adding PBR rendering to the fuselage (which is actually quite easy. I'm just flying here in a beautifully reflecting Cherokee.) We will learn how to do proper XP11 aircraft with our current project (PA-30 Twin Comanche).