Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

Queen v3 Leaving LAX

B744V3 Beta KLAX departure for LGAV. An almost 13 hour flight. No landing video though as had power issues at my place somewhere over Greenland :(.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Nice.

I can tell that's FSX since the cockpit is very clear.  In P3D the cockpits remain a little fuzzy for me.

spacer.png

In P3D the cockpits remain a little fuzzy for me.

Usually FXAA (try turning it off), and/or HDR (decrease the brightness and/or bloom). FXAA means "fast approXimate anti-aliasing." It's quicker, but not as pretty. For the HDR, it simulates bright stuff being bright by 'blooming' it (think of the extra fringe glare around a bright doorway when viewed from a dark room). Since most of the text is white, it blooms it, making it "blurry."

What LAX addon was that?  Nice and smooth FPS.

Looks like FSDT.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle I will look into those settings.

I *DARE* PMDG to ignore the false impetus of a Christmas 2016 release!  ;-)

spacer.png

Nice video!

As we can see the 747 could not climb further above a safety altitude and you had to deviate right due to its weight.

In real world like that ,the captain would follow the same procedures? :smile:

As we can see the 747 could not climb further above a safety altitude and you had to deviate right due to its weight.

In real world like that ,the captain would follow the same procedures? :smile:

The flight would have been vectored onto its route as appropriate, by ATC. Given the climb gradient on the GABRE, I'm not sure I would've filed it after looking at performance, but Chris may have a better answer.

Kyle Rodgers

The flight would have been vectored onto its route as appropriate, by ATC. Given the climb gradient on the GABRE, I'm not sure I would've filed it after looking at performance, but Chris may have a better answer.

so everything depends on flight dispatcher?Maybe he would have filed an alternative routing according to this perfomance.Anyway thanks Kyle!

so everything depends on flight dispatcher?Maybe he would have filed an alternative routing according to this perfomance.Anyway thanks Kyle!

Two signatures are required for every airline flight:

1. Dispatcher; and
  2. Pilot

This is one of the reasons. Basically, the dispatcher will ensure that the flight will make the technical requirements before the flight. The pilot will ensure that it does so in practice. (Very high level overview here.)

Kyle Rodgers

As Kyle said in real life probably they would take another SID and another routing if the climb gradient was not feasible. Or they could have departed from 07L and turn right 180 or whatever ATC instructed them. This SID is Vector to the GABRE 

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

The cockpit looks awesome, I love the CRT displays.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Every time I see a heavy departure, I get that really heavy feeling - you can actually really experience the might of the Queen in all her glory by looking at that takeoff!   I love the "feel" that radiates from the aircraft.

Regards

• Upvote 1