Sign in to follow this  
Jimm

KBUR Preview/Early Release

For those who haven't followed GPB500's work, he has released a preview/early release of KBUR.  As it has been discussed in another thread, Greg has put out some great freeware/donationware scenery for XP10/11 that is worth the download.  For a nominal fee (via PayPal), Greg will email you a list of links for all of the donationware scenery he has available (over 13 airports so far) and you also have the benefit of being informed when new scenery comes out as well as links to download.

I personally encourage anyone interested in payware quality airports for XP, to check out his work.  I was a little skeptical with the process in which to get his donationware airports, but I am pleased to report his professionalism and speedy attentiveness has exceeded my expectations and am very pleased with the resulting scenery.  It is framerate friendly and very detailed.

Cessna_172SP_17.png
Cessna_172SP_16.png
Cessna_172SP_14.png
Cessna_172SP_15.png

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

How does the donation work?  I see a regular voluntary Paypal donation link on the .org but don't see how to get donate to get the 13 links. 

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

How does the donation work?  I see a regular voluntary Paypal donation link on the .org but don't see how to get donate to get the 13 links. 

Sorry about that Rick.  First, go to this link:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/27771-kpsp-palm-springs-international/  <--just an example and not a formal link to his donationware.

It is one of his freeware offerings, but if you send him a message, requesting to donate, he will email you the information on how to donate via his Paypal account.  This is how I went about it (via Ryan's post in one of the threads here), and he was very courteous and expedient in getting the link to me once I made the payment, within about 15 minutes, though I expect it may take longer due to the time of the day right now and it being New Years Day, so please bear with. :)

I would hope that eventually he has a more formal way to get in on his "group", but I suspect this is all still new right now.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Great - thanks Jimm!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Is there a website or a link that shows exactly what airports are included in everything?

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Is there a website or a link that shows exactly what airports are included in everything?

No, but here is a list of what was included in Greg's email to me, of links to the airport files:

KIZA

KUNQ

KPSP

KSBA

KSBP

KSNA

KTRM

KUDD

L52

KBNG

L70

KTNP

L88

Lastly, a preview (beta) release of KBUR

One or two files, if memory serves, had extra airports as well (don't recall off hand).  Also be aware that a couple of airports listed above, do come as freeware at the org forum download section, but the donationware versions have more detail in them.

Could someone possibly post a shot or two of L70??

One of my favorite $150 lunches back in the 80's and 90's IRL was flying from BUR to L70 to a little café that was on the field. Had great burgers, and Agua Dulce was always a lot of fun to go into, especially when landing to the west, you went right over a little ranch on final. Don't know why, but for some reason I always liked going over that place. :0)

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Could someone possibly post a shot or two of L70??

One of my favorite $150 lunches back in the 80's and 90's IRL was flying from BUR to L70 to a little café that was on the field. Had great burgers, and Agua Dulce was always a lot of fun to go into, especially when landing to the west, you went right over a little ranch on final. Don't know why, but for some reason I always liked going over that place. :0)

32035641226_684c66bb57_o.jpg

31264093123_234d9a3554_o.jpg

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Thank you Mario

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

How do I find and download this airport?

Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Or one could have just as easily looked at posts #2 & #3.  :rolleyes: