Sign in to follow this  
jose88

EZdok V2 Released!

Couple of things -

the Hotkeyselect is still not acceptable in the a2a aircraft.cfg V2 will remove it

For operational reasons - as you rightly point out - the aircraft.cfg will always be given priority within sim code so it has to be removed from the definition relating to fthe walkaround

It should work if done in reverse

All beta testers were Russian as far as I know. It is amazing some of the oddities they never picked up in testing and missing features they thought were acceptable -

The Accufeel addon and in stand alone planes could be a problem - so far I have not had time to test a2a by installing them I have the c172 / c182, the Cherokee etc, probably check them over the weekend

Are there any comments or issues with FSX 3-monitor setups? Secondly, with v1 I had problems with EZDOK and control of CH Yoke Hat Switch as  I desired. In other words, Is this a problem with v2? This was a few years ago, so I may be a little hazy on the details.

I bought it as soon as it came out. I've experienced some bugs which I reported in their forums, however their support is rather lacking. I also have chase plan which I find much more user friendly and support is great.

However I do feel as though the turbulence experience in ezdok 2 is more immersive than chase plane and ezdok 2 appears to be a bit smoother whilst panning around.

But these are my experiences

I bought it as soon as it came out. I've experienced some bugs which I reported in their forums, however their support is rather lacking. I also have chase plan which I find much more user friendly and support is great.

However I do feel as though the turbulence experience in ezdok 2 is more immersive than chase plane and ezdok 2 appears to be a bit smoother whilst panning around.

But these are my experiences

Good thoughts.  So, can you run them at the same time without them interfering with each other?  Seems to me that, right now, Chaseplane might be better for the outside with it's cinema modes and all while EZDok might be better in the cockpit.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Good thoughts.  So, can you run them at the same time without them interfering with each other?  Seems to me that, right now, Chaseplane might be better for the outside with it's cinema modes and all while EZDok might be better in the cockpit.

No you definitely can't run them at the same time it will conflict.

Loving it!

Hold horizon alone is worth the small upgrade price. So much immersive for me :)

I bought V2 yesterday. The GUI has a new design but you get very quickly familiar with it if you have used V1. The functions are the same. Hold horizon is indeed a great feature. So far I have no problems. Now I have to spend time to work on all the camera sets for my aircraft hangar.

I will also use SimStarter NG and the integrated file switcher to run both V1 and V2 on the same machine during the transition time.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I have a couple of issues.

1. Seems like when i use a saved flight my FPS is not limited to my refreshrate (25fps - unlimited FPS and VSYNC on) on cameras outside the VC. They goes up to 30 or more making the sim stutter. VC behaves normally. I think i recall this with V1 as well.

1.1 This might be why i do get massive stutter with the FS control Recorder as well on playback.

2. Sometimes V2 fails to respond upon loading P3D when there is no camera setup for an aircraft. I then have to manually start the EZCA.EXE to make it repond . Not a big deal but should be noted.

Thanks 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2. Sometimes V2 fails to respond upon loading P3D when there is no camera setup for an aircraft. I then have to manually start the EZCA.EXE to make it repond . Not a big deal but should be noted.

I found the EXE.xml file layout was not quite right. maybe you could have a look at that.

bob

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I believe ch yoke hat may still be an issue in v2 - it Was reported on the ezdok forum as an issue with v2 but I don't think the user has responded to my suggestion regards a possible "fix"

It don't leave the original exe.xml entry for v1 in the sim EXE.xml file - but if you must - ensure it is disabled - the v1 ez config adds it back in if you revert to v1 - so why leave it in there if currently using v2 -

Btw - v2 has a different install path to v1

Had anyone been able to use this without the instant replay function, mine doesn't seem to work.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

I believe ch yoke hat may still be an issue in v2 - it Was reported on the ezdok forum as an issue with v2 but I don't think the user has responded to my suggestion regards a possible "fix"

Which post is it in, had a look down the topics but couldn't spot it.

As I run the CH yoke I was interested to se what the problem was and how to fix it.

bob

What issue?  I have the CH yoke.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

For info -from the ezdok forum

Thanks for the advice re. false virus. Disabled Defender temporarily and installed the program successfully.

Some questions:

- There seem to be by default an excess of buffeting when in external Aircraft views. Which parameters should I tone down to reduce this?

- I can't seem to get the Hat switch on my CH yoke to work, either panning or set as a button. It used to work fine in v1.85?

- Slew mode no longer appears to work. I have set the checkbox to disable Ezdok in slew mode too?

Finally will there be a user guide soon to explain all the various features, that can be read and learnt separately without the simulator running?

Looks great so far though, and really like the Hold Horizon feature, much more realistic when turning.

Cheers,

Stuart

For info -from the ezdok forum

Works just fine in mine.  I wonder if they forgot to configure it in options.

Gregg Seipp