Sign in to follow this  
jose88

EZdok V2 Released!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Im not really good with reviews but I will say after a quick test that I like the new UI and Hold Horizon feature (Seems you can only activate this with a joystick key?  hopefully they add a keyboard hotkey option).  No more simconnect error message either :wink:

Wellll, no profile yet for the Airbus.  No docs I can find.  I have one camera facing straightforward and can't seem to create a second.  Hmmm.

Nice.

I was about to buy Chase Plane..but what to do now?. Does anyone have both products for a side to side comparison?

At least on the vid...it seems Ezdok is more towards the Pilot effects view (which is my preference)...rather than Cinematic Hollywood style as Chase Plane...or am i wrong?

Just select preset for B737 - cameras positions are more or less similar - then you can make fine position tuning pressing NUM2 (once entering EDIT mode, when finish editing press NUM2 again fixing new position of edited camera). More presets will follow shortly. Do not forget to select Update cameras in drop-down list pressing File - it should be pressed for remembering of your adjustments

I like the cinema view or whatever it's called in ChasePlane where it randomly switches between views and moves the camera. Does v2 have any similar feature?

I don't own ChasePlane yet as I was waiting for it to get out of alpha and also waiting to see what this would be like. Can't argue with the upgrade price though so will probably get this either way.

Upgraded, and my microstutters when flying a glider are gone. Its smooth now. Thumbs up.

Has the  exterior wingtip banking view been fixed whereby the camera doesn't seem to be fixed to the wingtip and follow it in the turn but  shows the horizon and and the aircraft banking away.

Wellll, no profile yet for the Airbus.  No docs I can find.  I have one camera facing straightforward and can't seem to create a second.  Hmmm.

Hi greg.

not a proper one .i downloaded the PMDG 737.700 profile as a temp.

after a few adjustments it works great.don't forget to enter your joysticks into the setup part.otherwise nothing  moves.

steve

Good comparison between Chase Plane and EzDok v2 here

Im sticking to ChasePlane, devs are very friendly and release fixes and updates quite often.

• Upvote 3

Got it. Like it. Had it. So I got the update discount.

I spent some time getting to know the differences. Quirky? I little bit. But really nice update.

A big change is how you add/copy new cameras. I had a bad camera that was moving the view way far from my aircraft. Luckily there's a 'restore previous view' in the menu somewhere that reset my disaster. Nice.

A big change is how you add/copy new cameras.

How do you do that?

Here we go again (but can't say that I am really surprised).... There is no documentation with it.  Marniftarr has just informed his Customers that he doesn't have the time to write a manual.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezdok-camera-version-2-first-release-now-available_topic57230.html

It may be a new version of EZDok but the level of 'support' hasn't changed.

Ho Hum!! 

This is exactly why I chose ChasePlane, better controls and easier functions. More variety, yes the manual is very basic (but it is a beta). Keven is always there to help out with support.

• Upvote 1