Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

X-Plane 11 Beta 5 is out

Yup, it's offering me 11.00pb5

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Public Beta 5 is working fine here. Nothing very exciting in the patch notes, but lots of fixes to tighten up the sim. Also the new propeller and jet engine models are online:

http://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-11-00-release-notes/

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

FMS approach data working again

Is that a question or a statement?

Thanks

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

I tried Beta 5, but I don't see any change in the effect of propeller on yaw.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I am getting an error message in the installer log which states:-

WARNING: we are missing the texture: RESOURCE:black_opaque.png.

Is this a critical file?

I am getting an error message in the installer log which states:-

WARNING: we are missing the texture: RESOURCE:black_opaque.png.

Is this a critical file?

Send me a pm -  I have it listed in my resources folder

Rich Sennett

re: pb5.

I get

Loading navigational data failed.

Reading file X\X-Plane 11/Custom Data/earth.nav.dat. The navaid IDK iin DIAVIK is missing an entry. Report to your Navdata provider.

Please note that X-Plane 11 is not compatible with navdata files made for x-Plane 10.

The same files worked ok in pb3! Anybody else with the same problem and a solution? If not I'll go back to pb3.

Thanks.

Jim Morgan

re: pb5.

I get

Loading navigational data failed.

Reading file X\X-Plane 11/Custom Data/earth.nav.dat. The navaid IDK iin DIAVIK is missing an entry. Report to your Navdata provider.

Please note that X-Plane 11 is not compatible with navdata files made for x-Plane 10.

The same files worked ok in pb3! Anybody else with the same problem and a solution? If not I'll go back to pb3.

Thanks.

Try starting XP a few more times - I have learned that after doing something it doesnt like after a few tries to start sim it fixes itself - may help depends on certain situations like adding plugins changing lua script - worth a try

Rich Sennett

Try starting XP a few more times - I have learned that after doing something it doesnt like after a few tries to start sim it fixes itself - may help depends on certain situations like adding plugins changing lua script - worth a try

Hi Rich,

Thanks. I tried that and no change. Maybe pb6....................................

Jim Morgan

Hi Rich,

Thanks. I tried that and no change. Maybe pb6....................................

I wouldnt give up probably something easy to fix - try .org yet maybe post I will search also

Hi Rich,

This may help you - XP is very easy to get issues sorted out

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/110081-loading-navigational-data-failed-absolutely-no-navdata-installed/

Rich Sennett

What exact file or files do I save if I want to keep my controller settings when updating xplane?

You don't have to do anything.  Everything will be as before, from B3.....